Archived Secret sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a certain brand of hand towels I used to buy all the time. They were thick and luxuriant and I loved em. Both Walmart and Target had them, but no more. They've been replaced with a cheaper, lighter, inferior brand. I can't them anymore in either store, now. It sucks.

My store is one.

We are getting Pokeballs too. Our STL announced the secret sale to us today at morning huddle. Everything 10% off, no exclusions were mentioned. I wonder what the exclusions are? Ugh, of course I am working on the 28th. I am just glad I am not doing ad :D.

We are getting Pokeballs too. Our STL announced the secret sale to us today at morning huddle. Everything 10% off, no exclusions were mentioned. I wonder what the exclusions are? Ugh, of course I am working on the 28th. I am just glad I am not doing ad :D.
The usual.. I think Sony and Samsung TV's.. Dlsr cameras...bose...giftcards....

The usual.. I think Sony and Samsung TV's.. Dlsr cameras...bose...giftcards....

That's what I thought. I just can't wait to see how many people don't read the exclusions and I have to deal with their disappointment and anger " insert sarcams".

"Excludes all gift cards, prepaid cards (airtime,entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Laneige, LEGO, Cards Against Humanity,Vitamix,Weber, Dyson, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, iRobot, Samsung TV, LG TV, Bose, Sonos, GoPro, alcohol, dairy milk, Pharmacy, Clinic, Target Optical, Target Studio and Target Mobile purchases. Additional exclusions apply on line. See Target.com for details."

"Excludes all gift cards, prepaid cards (airtime,entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Laneige, LEGO, Cards Against Humanity,Vitamix,Weber, Dyson, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, iRobot, Samsung TV, LG TV, Bose, Sonos, GoPro, alcohol, dairy milk, Pharmacy, Clinic, Target Optical, Target Studio and Target Mobile purchases. Additional exclusions apply on line. See Target.com for details."
So basically only a couple of things...... ;)o_O:eek::D
We be a pokey store -with no stops btw, and apparently no signing lol

Got a stanchion sign today. It says save 10% off. I didn't read all the exclusions.

Exclusions are pretty much major electronics (tvs, cameras, etc) and all gift cards (Target and otherwise)

Edit just saw your post box cutter.

We've been told guest have to say they forgot their coupon at home. We are not instructed to simply automatically give them ten percent. Going to laugh when someone comes in on Monday demanding their receipt be adjusted.

Exclusions are pretty much major electronics (tvs, cameras, etc) and all gift cards (Target and otherwise)

Edit just saw your post box cutter.

We've been told guest have to say they forgot their coupon at home. We are not instructed to simply automatically give them ten percent. Going to laugh when someone comes in on Monday demanding their receipt be adjusted.

Are you a store that had the missed coupon button removed? Cause that would be a bigger hell.

We are told to give it to everyone. It is the point of the sale. If they don't have the coupon we scan the one at the register.

We are told to give it to everyone. It is the point of the sale. If they don't have the coupon we scan the one at the register.

Our instructions say otherwise, I perhaps Spot is saying that if you're here for the sale here's 10%, if you're going to spend money with us anyways you are free to pay full price if you so choose.

Last edited:
Only Samsung and LG TVs are excluded, and only DSLR cameras. Also excluded are Bose, Sonos and Target Mobile.

EDIT: Full exclusions:
This coupon will exclude all gift cards, prepaid cards (airtime, entertainment, iTunes and online gaming), Laneige, LEGO, Cards Against Humanity, Vitamix, Weber, Dyson, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, iRobot, Samsung TV, LG TV, Bose, Sonos, GoPro, alcohol, dairy milk, Pharmacy, Clinic, Target Optical, Portrait Studio, and Target Mobile purchases.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I can't see the B&M store ever fully vanishing. Why am I going to wait a week, two days, or even an hour for something I can pick up RIGHT NOW? Why waste ten minutes ordering when it takes two seconds to pick it up and place in basket? Even if some how it was made to be within even 75% of that convenience level, what about when the wrong item gets picked, or its defective, or half my order is unavailable but I could've picked a similar alternative if I'd just walked in. I think online order and pickup are fantastic, really, but as a complement to, not replacement.

I'm sorry but I can't see the B&M store ever fully vanishing. Why am I going to wait a week, two days, or even an hour for something I can pick up RIGHT NOW? Why waste ten minutes ordering when it takes two seconds to pick it up and place in basket? Even if some how it was made to be within even 75% of that convenience level, what about when the wrong item gets picked, or its defective, or half my order is unavailable but I could've picked a similar alternative if I'd just walked in. I think online order and pickup are fantastic, really, but as a complement to, not replacement.

The thing is though, with Amazon experimenting with drones, it's gonna be a lot easier to ship things

Spend a Saturday afternoon at the fitting room, and you quickly realize that shopping is a form of entertainment. I don't see that changing any time soon. There will definitely have to be a pairing of online and in-store shopping for a retailer to be successful.

And I don't think I want drones delivering to me.

Our instructions say otherwise, I perhaps Spot is saying that if you're here for the sale here's 10%, if you're going to spend money with us anyways you are free to pay full price if you so choose.

I guess it varies by store. But for these type of sales we always scan the coupon if they don't have it. Especially since it will be signed all over and on the front doors also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back