Archived Self-Checkout coming soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCO has replaced the express lanes at the Philadelphia-West store.

It's the same system as other store's SCO. Same layout, same graphics, etc.

There was a GSA and a GSTL about 10 yards away, neither was watching the 4 SCO lanes.

They did the same at my store. When I went in and saw the open space the express lanes had previously occupied, I had a sad. As a cashier, I learned so much about life Target working at those express lanes.

But on the other hand, now I can buy food during a break without having to wait the entirety of my break to cash out.

@eleuthreophile I am sorry you are losing your express lanes. I despise self check outs. This whole week they have been freezing during processing. Only option is to shut them down and we have to go in the back to see if the guest's credit card has gone through. (And then you have to pull a cashier of a register to cover self checkout because you are off the floor. New problems pop up every day.
Another problem is - if a guest is using a target coupon such as (save 5.00 on grocery purchase of 30.00 or more) and they didn't have 30.00 of groceries, the only option you have is to void the order and bring it to a cashier to ring the order to see what the problem is with the coupon. At that point you are going to give them the coupon anyway, for the inconvenience.

@eleuthreophile Another problem is - if a guest is using a target coupon such as (save 5.00 on grocery purchase of 30.00 or more) and they didn't have 30.00 of groceries, the only option you have is to void the order and bring it to a cashier to ring the order to see what the problem is with the coupon. At that point you are going to give them the coupon anyway, for the inconvenience.
What? Explain this to me, please. Is there no way, after one starts ringing up coupons to scroll up through an order to see what's going on? Is there no way to suspend a transaction to move it to a different register? Is there no way to just manually enter a coupon with a TM's numbers as an override?

It's the same system as other store's SCO. Same layout, same graphics, etc.

There was a GSA and a GSTL about 10 yards away, neither was watching the 4 SCO lanes.

The store gives out the five finger discount quite liberally.

@eleuthreophile Another problem is - if a guest is using a target coupon such as (save 5.00 on grocery purchase of 30.00 or more) and they didn't have 30.00 of groceries, the only option you have is to void the order and bring it to a cashier to ring the order to see what the problem is with the coupon. At that point you are going to give them the coupon anyway, for the inconvenience.
What? Explain this to me, please. Is there no way, after one starts ringing up coupons to scroll up through an order to see what's going on? Is there no way to suspend a transaction to move it to a different register? Is there no way to just manually enter a coupon with a TM's numbers as an override?

You can suspend, scroll, override and insert a store coupon just like on a normal register. I don't quite understand this post.

Nope. Suspending stopped working the other day.
The target coupons that come in the mail don't always work. If you were on a regular register you would get the pop up not enough items for coupon. In the self checkouts your only option is to void transaction.
Can't use cartwheel on it either. Sometimes if you key in the code it will work. Other times (most times) it won't work. If you use suspend (if it ever starts working again) and bring it to a register you would have to void cartwheel and try to use cartwheel from your own phone. Sometimes that works. Sometimes not. If not then you have to plug the discounts in for the cartwheel items.
I think there also needs to be a choice on the right for cartwheel discount. Along with damaged. Guest challenge and the others.

Nope. Suspending stopped working the other day.
The target coupons that come in the mail don't always work. If you were on a regular register you would get the pop up not enough items for coupon. In the self checkouts your only option is to void transaction.
Can't use cartwheel on it either. Sometimes if you key in the code it will work. Other times (most times) it won't work. If you use suspend (if it ever starts working again) and bring it to a register you would have to void cartwheel and try to use cartwheel from your own phone. Sometimes that works. Sometimes not. If not then you have to plug the discounts in for the cartwheel items.
I think there also needs to be a choice on the right for cartwheel discount. Along with damaged. Guest challenge and the others.

Either your installation went way wrong or your training is way off. Our SCOs are pretty bad, they have their problems but not nearly to this extent. Even if the target coupons don't work, there's an option to enter a coupon for a certain value like on a regular register. You can do the guest challenge, damage and ad adjustments. Cartwheel works if you use the hand scanners and the suspend function works for us. I'm sorry for you :(

Lol guest challenge would get abused so bad :)

Why? All they need to do is lock it so it requires a TM number and PIN. I can't believe that isn't an option now on the self check outs.
Well it depends if it needs an override for EVERY challenge, or just exceptional price differences.

I mean we do have the whole "cashier empowerment" thingy where you shouldn't challenge $0.20, wonder if it would carry over.

AP was pretty noticeable at the door. Uniformed TPS and a segway TPS.

@PinkZinnia I know exactly what you're talking about. It happened to me the other day. After I scanned one of those threshold coupons ($5/$30), it gave me an error that said something like "Waiting for POS Response". When someone came over to help, I saw the only option was to void.

Other coupons (like $1.50/2 candy bags) have the option to accept anyway or decline.

Cartwheel does work with the hand scanner, but it never shows the discount amount on the screen. When the barcode is scanned, it shows Cartwheel as a line item, but the total doesn't change. It looks like you're paying the wrong amount, but when you pay, the receipt prints with an updated total and reflects Cartwheel savings. At least that's how it works at the two stores in my town.

I had to call the Sco's in today because sco suspends still aren't working on the registers.. When you scan the barcode on Sco suspend the message on register reads use register with #000.044.000 (or something like that) in the upper right corner of monitor.. Never saw that message and I walked the whole store looking for the number. It doesn't exist.
They told me it had to go to level two support.. I think that stands for - your question has baffled the crap out of me and I am going to pass it on to someone else..
I also called in about the 7 other registers crashing throughout the day in the middle of sales.. I am having shades of last year floating through my head (before windows update). When the registers crashed at least 10 times a day.this sucks especially with it being so close to the holidays..

@PinkZinnia I know exactly what you're talking about. It happened to me the other day. After I scanned one of those threshold coupons ($5/$30), it gave me an error that said something like "Waiting for POS Response". When someone came over to help, I saw the only option was to void.

Other coupons (like $1.50/2 candy bags) have the option to accept anyway or decline.

Apology Barcodes can be used to "accept anyway" as a workaround. There used to be $1,$3,$5 Barcodes somewhere on work bench. They ring up as a "Target Coupon".. and will show up on the receipt as a manually entered coupon (just like a K1).

Turns out my spot might have a different vision for self checkout at some stores...I present to you...THE MOBILE REGISTER!!!
AE29C419-6477-4BC6-A437-349E31F23D98_zpsrfmtyjn2.jpg

I heard talk we're getting those at my store. You can use them anywhere that has a power outlet and ethernet/CAT5 jack.

I heard talk we're getting those at my store. You can use them anywhere that has a power outlet and ethernet/CAT5 jack.
So do you have to wait 15 minutes for the register to boot every time you move it? And it doesn't go over the wifi? Sounds useless, but I haven't had experience with one so I can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back