MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Actually since the clusterfuck of Christmas signing 2016, it has been scaled way back. Much simpler, often not needing the wave to hang. The ribbon spools were a slight exception, though those still were fairly simple, just heavy.

What's FOS for summer is just exactly what we need. KISS is the best policy. Even seas and mini seas could get simpler. Why do we need overheads if we have CSE?

Because then they will find more reasons to build the case of why we aren’t relevant anymore and any Joe Schmo off the street can do the signing. We are already going the way of the dodo.

I am so glad that I was able to finish my work early this week as I was able to tape all the price points to the signs for the TV wall reset. Gonna make it go a lot faster that's for sure.

Also organized price points for the June 3 electronics reset.

All that's left is my big "put big dot backer paper on all endcaps" project.

I pray that I get this job that I have an interview for on Friday, because now is definitely a good time to leave, when I have no major side projects and right before any big ones.

I pray that I get this job that I have an interview for on Friday, because now is definitely a good time to leave, when I have no major side projects and right before any big ones.

I wish you the best of luck! I hope it all works out for you unlike me I was only able to find part-time jobs that conflicted with Target!

Do you guys know the part # for a tool (spanner driver?) that screws the tether cables to the toothbrush display? Same tool that removes the video game display casing. We use to have it with the electronic keys but now it's gone =/

Last edited:
Do you guys know the part # for a tool (spanner driver?) that screws the tether cables to the toothbrush display? Same tool that removes the video game display casing. We use to have it with the electronic keys but now it's gone =/

I've never had to order one so I don't know for sure if it's something that can be ordered. I saved the ones they send with fragrance displays. Keep one on my key ring with my wave and baler keys & one is kept in my desk drawer. We've never had them on the electronics keys, but that is a good idea!

Mine has a phone number stamped on it, maybe you could call and they could send you one.
Sennco solutions, inc
Phn: 1-866-sennco-1

Mine has a phone number stamped on it, maybe you could call and they could send you one.
Sennco solutions, inc
Phn: 1-866-sennco-1

This and, and if your store gets fragrance displays, they usually always come with them. I usually save them all.

Also, get with your PMT, I bet they probably have one (at least) somewhere.

Any signing ninjas have a word of caution?

We have a few pallets of pushers that haven’t been used in 6+ months. I want to get rid of all of them. If Spot pushes more revisions that need pushers, they’d send more, right?

This bear is in the mood to throw a bunch of stuff in the compactor. The PMT has two pallets or junk that have a thick dust layer that are on the chopping block. I get enjoyment over clearing bulk steel space and keeping it organized.

We have a few pallets of pushers that haven’t been used in 6+ months. I want to get rid of all of them. If Spot pushes more revisions that need pushers, they’d send more, right?

This bear is in the mood to throw a bunch of stuff in the compactor. The PMT has two pallets or junk that have a thick dust layer that are on the chopping block. I get enjoyment over clearing bulk steel space and keeping it organized.

I wouldn't get rid of all of them. And no, for revisions, they will expect you to have fixtures on hand.

Gen3 black 18” pushers?!

Send me some too.

I don’t know what sizes we have exactly. I just see junk destined for our compactor we’ve had them 12-18 months

Check with your PTL. The reason you may have so much sitting your backroom might be because they haven't finished putting them out like they were supposed to well over a year ago. Lots of Planograms in market had them added in extra and bulk amounts of the pushers were sent to stores. If this is the case and they can't come up with a reasonable plan to get them used in a timely manner, by all means chuck 'em into that compactor! Or see about sweeping them back; we used to be able to sweep back unused fixtures.

I am a nag about pallets like that in our backroom, even when they are not mine. I also hate the clutter. I'm sure I've annoyed both my tl and the softlines tl on more than one occasion.

Don’t get me started on SL fixtures. 7 pallets left from the remodel still (2 months or so)

I hear ya! I've got several pallets of softline fixtures sitting in my way by the fixture room from a recent project. Plus there's several in the steel from a remodel last fall.

Corporate legit has no qualms about throwing money away on excess fixturing!!

Check with your PTL. The reason you may have so much sitting your backroom might be because they haven't finished putting them out like they were supposed to well over a year ago. Lots of Planograms in market had them added in extra and bulk amounts of the pushers were sent to stores. If this is the case and they can't come up with a reasonable plan to get them used in a timely manner, by all means chuck 'em into that compactor! Or see about sweeping them back; we used to be able to sweep back unused fixtures.

I am a nag about pallets like that in our backroom, even when they are not mine. I also hate the clutter. I'm sure I've annoyed both my tl and the softlines tl on more than one occasion.

You still can, just get with the receiver to send them back CRC (It is a lot easier than de-trashing them to throw them away.

There may be hope for us after all. My TL dropped a hint about Presentation Team going away this Summer, only to be re-branded as a different team. He also hinted at the creation of a VML counterpart for Hardlines. (This position I imagine, would be much of what we all already did as Signing TM's, but with a hefty raise).

Anyone else hear anything about this?

There may be hope for us after all. My TL dropped a hint about Presentation Team going away this Summer, only to be re-branded as a different team. He also hinted at the creation of a VML counterpart for Hardlines. (This position I imagine, would be much of what we all already did as Signing TM's, but with a hefty raise).

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Haven't heard anything yet. But I'd be willing to be the hardlines vml if I could keep my current schedule. I already maintain most of the hardlines visual areas anyway since our vm never seems to leave softlines.

Haven't heard anything yet. But I'd be willing to be the hardlines vml if I could keep my current schedule. I already maintain most of the hardlines visual areas anyway since our vm never seems to leave softlines.

No clue if it is a "leadership role" or not. However, it makes sense to keep all VM's to early mornings/mornings.

Honestly, this is all hearsay, but I don't think my TL would have told me, if someone above him, didn't want me to know. They also emphasized that it "would have to be posted publicly" as well.

This could also be a bunch of BS, so take my word as more of a "maybe", although it absolutely makes sense, with the way Target is going, but that more than likely means, they wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
Back