MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

No clue if it is a "leadership role" or not. However, it makes sense to keep all VM's to early mornings/mornings.

Honestly, this is all hearsay, but I don't think my TL would have told me, if someone above him, didn't want me to know. They also emphasized that it "would have to be posted publicly" as well.

This could also be a bunch of BS, so take my word as more of a "maybe", although it absolutely makes sense, with the way Target is going, but that more than likely means, they wouldn't do it.

I've already created a niche spot for myself as signing tm at my store. Most of the leaders treat me as an equal and will include me in planning (to an extent), I just don't have the leadership title or pay. Whether this new role actually materializes or not, I plan on keeping my fingers in enough stuff to make it hard for them to eliminate my current role all together.

But I'd love it if this new role did come to fruition and was something like Signing TM 2.0 with a pay bump!

Hear, Hear! A pay bump! At review time do they ever feed you the line that you make too much money to give you much of a raise?

They wouldn't dare.... They just give me the numbers... I think we could all put a decent case in, saying that the Signing TM, in every store, provides more sales, off the clock, than anyone else in the store in a Team Member position.

Remember, "Display's increase sales by 20%!", Also fact tags, directionals, and literally setting the mood of the store, for every season, every year, not to mention one of the backbones of the entire corporation, keeping every store "consistent" with the Corporate Brand.

These day's that is literally only 1/3 of what we are asked to do as well.

Last edited:
When you guys put up the giant dinosaur on the Jurassic Park focal use your own wire not the shity wire they sent.

Those wire worked fine for me, what issues were you having? The loop adapter worked as it should. Leave about an inch and a half of slack, give it a good tug, and your good to go. Also it doesn't call for backer paper but it looks a lot better with black.

Last edited:
Those wire worked fine for me, what issues were you having? The loop adapter worked as it should. Leave about an inch and a half of slack, give it a good tug, and your good to go. Also it doesn't call for backer paper but it looks a lot better with black.

Oh I wrote that comment when I was up in the wave and it would not work for me.... Then I realized I was an idiot and used it properly. It worked great and I think i'll keep the wire afterwards.

So I tested the sound before putting the dino up and it worked. Passed by it after break--it stopped working. I changed the battery, replugged everything, toggled the switched. No go. FML

You know how they set a quantity limit when you order things on SAP. Could I just do a separate order to work around this? Or would it only let me order again after I received the first order? I need 3x5 sign holder for the strips and it only allows 5.

You know how they set a quantity limit when you order things on SAP. Could I just do a separate order to work around this? Or would it only let me order again after I received the first order? I need 3x5 sign holder for the strips and it only allows 5.

You can try it. Sometimes it will let you have multiple orders of the same thing; sometimes if you order a second time it will cancel the first order. I usually have one order in and if I need more I order as soon as the first order comes in.

You could also try asking mySupport about sending you more than the max amount. They can work around that on occasion.

I've been ordering this same item 5 at a time as well. Pain in the ass!

You can try it. Sometimes it will let you have multiple orders of the same thing; sometimes if you order a second time it will cancel the first order. I usually have one order in and if I need more I order as soon as the first order comes in.

You could also try asking mySupport about sending you more than the max amount. They can work around that on occasion.

I've been ordering this same item 5 at a time as well. Pain in the ass!

Thanks! I'll try the mysupport route.

One more thing, I audited missing signs from the new electronics set this week, but when I try to order them (mainly missing headers) it doesn't even pop-up in the system. I didn't add the lead zeros. Is it because it's a new set it takes awhile to get in the system? I have about 20+ missing signs and 95% is'nt showing. I might have to mysupport for that too then.

Thanks! I'll try the mysupport route.

One more thing, I audited missing signs from the new electronics set this week, but when I try to order them (mainly missing headers) it doesn't even pop-up in the system. I didn't add the lead zeros. Is it because it's a new set it takes awhile to get in the system? I have about 20+ missing signs and 95% is'nt showing. I might have to mysupport for that too then.

I MySupported them. It's a little ridiculous.

I MySupported them. It's a little ridiculous.

Huh. This is interesting to me. We are only halfway done with electronics because we had another big project come up this week that had to be done first. Everything we have set isn't missing anything. A lot of the headers stayed up. Maybe we just haven't set the ones that are missing headers, lol.

Does anyone know the number for the red boards that go all around the store on the top of the pegboard? And/or the number for the white curved signholders in beauty?

Does anyone know the number for the red boards that go all around the store on the top of the pegboard? And/or the number for the white curved signholders in beauty?

I can check the beauty header number for you next week. I am in need of one as well.

Have you pulled one of the red boards down to see if there is a number on the back? I think there might be. Pulled a couple down when setting ODL and think I remember seeing a sticker in one corner. Otherwise maybe search perimeter red board on SAP.

I looked before on the boards to no avail. But I am going to check a few random ones again. I tried a few different searches in SAP that didn't work so thanks for the idea of "perimeter red board"

Back