Archived Take a virtual tour of the new Target-Express...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The texting through the help kiosk thing is interesting. I'm assuming that would only work on the new iPods that are coming out. It's cool in theory, but I don't give it long before it gets misused/abused by less-behaved people, lol. I know its good for guests because a lot of times people wander across the store to find help in a department on the complete opposite side of the store, but the last thing I want is for guests to flood me with text messages while I'm at work.

It's in "Dinkytown". How is that a name of an actual city.

For starters, I don't care about the artwork wall. I'm more noticing of the fan central thing there underneath it. And the little racks the hats are on. I wish my store could get those.

I like how this guy kept looking away from the camera.

So they have the fully new electronics, PFresh, Phamracy, and Beauty Conceirge (I thought that was cancelled?).

Cartwheel displays would be nice.

CAN WE PLEASE GET THESE DISPLAY TEXTY THINGIES IN ALL STORES. Or is this just a part of the iPod touch thing

It's in "Dinkytown". How is that a name of an actual city.

For starters, I don't care about the artwork wall. I'm more noticing of the fan central thing there underneath it. And the little racks the hats are on. I wish my store could get those.

So they have the fully new electronics, PFresh, Phamracy, and Beauty Conceirge (I thought that was cancelled?).

Cartwheel displays would be nice.

CAN WE PLEASE GET THESE DISPLAY TEXTY THINGIES IN ALL STORES. Or is this just a part of the iPod touch thing

We have a beauty concierge in our store.

The texting through the help kiosk thing is interesting. I'm assuming that would only work on the new iPods that are coming out. It's cool in theory, but I don't give it long before it gets misused/abused by less-behaved people, lol. I know its good for guests because a lot of times people wander across the store to find help in a department on the complete opposite side of the store, but the last thing I want is for guests to flood me with text messages while I'm at work.

Why doesn't Target provide signs that show MAPS OF THE STORE? Most dept. stores do this so guests can plot out their shopping trip.

Usually by the time a shopper has to ask where a dept. is - they are too tired or too rushed to trek back to the other side of a large store.

Why doesn't Target provide signs that show MAPS OF THE STORE? Most dept. stores do this so guests can plot out their shopping trip.

Usually by the time a shopper has to ask where a dept. is - they are too tired or too rushed to trek back to the other side of a large store.

There are maps printed on the sides of some of the price scanners at my store where the spill stations are. I just don't think guests pay attention/are smart enough to read and comprehend them.

There are maps printed on the sides of some of the price scanners at my store where the spill stations are. I just don't think guests pay attention/are smart enough to read and comprehend them.

Nope especially when they also dont notice the trash container when there a foot away.

Why is there a big pile of backpacks and purses and stuff behind their service desk...that seems...suspiciously un-brand for a propaganda video...

It's a technique used in multi-camera video shoots. There were two cameras filming him, and he was looking at one and the editor switched to another mid-sentence.

And here is Target again losing focus. HQ meetings must be like this: Hey I see lots of those dollars stores around we should do that. And One Spot is born. Hey I see lots of those grocery stores around we should do that. Presh is born. Hey I see lots of those Walgreens/CVS around. Target Express is born. It is like they pick out areas that are already heavily competative and try and squeeze into them. Just trying to copy everybody else is not going to work. Hey lets take out our biggest profit area and the one area that Target still holds and advantage in softlines and take it out of the store. Whats next gas stations?

Where I used to live, there were 7 Target stores within a 30 minute driving distance from my house. I live in an urban area, yes, but that's crazy.

I moved to another part of town where there are 5 stores (two of which overlap from my old house) within a 30 minute drive, and they're opening a new one on Sunday.

And here is Target again losing focus. HQ meetings must be like this: Hey I see lots of those dollars stores around we should do that. And One Spot is born. Hey I see lots of those grocery stores around we should do that. Presh is born. Hey I see lots of those Walgreens/CVS around. Target Express is born. It is like they pick out areas that are already heavily competative and try and squeeze into them. Just trying to copy everybody else is not going to work. Hey lets take out our biggest profit area and the one area that Target still holds and advantage in softlines and take it out of the store. Whats next gas stations?

For as much as Target likes to say they innovate, they've really become a company of idea chasing. Online order/in store pickup, Target Ticket, hell even groceries were done by Walmart first and then Target decided to finally pick it up.

I will give then credit for one original idea though, Cartwheel. That program seems to be driving some sales and was a somewhat unique idea for a major retailer.

Other than Cartwheel though, I'm hard pressed to think of an original idea Target has established in the last few years that actually has succeeded.

I don't know. I think it's a great idea. They can fit these in neighborhoods of cities too dense for a regular store or a CityTarget and still capture market share. These will work great in walkable city neighborhoods with a large college population.

Where I used to live, there were 7 Target stores within a 30 minute driving distance from my house. I live in an urban area, yes, but that's crazy.

I moved to another part of town where there are 5 stores (two of which overlap from my old house) within a 30 minute drive, and they're opening a new one on Sunday.

My area has 2 targets less than a 4/5ths of a mile away from each other on the second road. One opened in the 90s and one a few years ago.

Why is there a big pile of backpacks and purses and stuff behind their service desk...that seems...suspiciously un-brand for a propaganda video...

Noticed that as well. Funny thing is, 4 years ago it wouldn't have meant anything to me. o_Oo_O

Also, I can just imagine the kinds of texts we will get from little kids and especially teenagers. Then those seniors trying to figure it out, it sure seems like it'll run smoothly.....

I think I have that beat. I had 11 within a 15-20 minute drive, and at least 20 within a 30 minute drive (depending on traffic). That includes two City Spots and two stores with different exteriors but identical interiors on the same street.

Living in the area, I think this concept is a winner and here's why. Dinkytown used to be its own little community right around the University of Minnesota's Minneapolis campus. It had a bookstore, bars, restaurants, shops, everything a college kid could need within walking distance of their house or dorm room. In the past couple of years, there has been aggressive construction of high rise student apartments which have taken out a lot of stores and businesses in the community and now the major place to shop for groceries is a CVS pharmacy, which sets you back about $5 for a gallon of milk ($3.09 at target express). This store's main purpose was to be the major grocery store in the area, while also providing essentials within walking distance of college students, since most don't have a car. If the students need softlines there are three stores with a 5-10 minute drive or 15-20 minute bus trip of the express store. Talking to Karl, who is a fantastic STL from what I gather, a real nice guy, he said that Target undercuts CVS on the majority of items in the store, especially food. What college student wouldn't frequent Target if it was as close as the CVS and even cheaper? I think this concept is great for the area it is in, and I think it would do equally well in major cities, where there is not enough room for a city target.

Living in the area, I think this concept is a winner and here's why. Dinkytown used to be its own little community right around the University of Minnesota's Minneapolis campus. It had a bookstore, bars, restaurants, shops, everything a college kid could need within walking distance of their house or dorm room. In the past couple of years, there has been aggressive construction of high rise student apartments which have taken out a lot of stores and businesses in the community and now the major place to shop for groceries is a CVS pharmacy, which sets you back about $5 for a gallon of milk ($3.09 at target express). This store's main purpose was to be the major grocery store in the area, while also providing essentials within walking distance of college students, since most don't have a car. If the students need softlines there are three stores with a 5-10 minute drive or 15-20 minute bus trip of the express store. Talking to Karl, who is a fantastic STL from what I gather, a real nice guy, he said that Target undercuts CVS on the majority of items in the store, especially food. What college student wouldn't frequent Target if it was as close as the CVS and even cheaper? I think this concept is great for the area it is in, and I think it would do equally well in major cities, where there is not enough room for a city target.

Thanks for explaining this! As someone who lives in an area with only one target being around in a 20 miles radius, I was confused as to why something like this would exist. But it seems good for the area, I hope it works!

In the past couple of years, there has been aggressive construction of high rise student apartments which have taken out a lot of stores and businesses in the community and now the major place to shop for groceries is a CVS pharmacy, which sets you back about $5 for a gallon of milk ($3.09 at target express).

This. I once lived right around the block from a CVS at Ohio State, and the prices they charged there were absolutely ridiculous. $5 for a gallon of milk is no joke. I didn't have my car on campus at that point, so it wasn't really feasible to walk a half hour down High Street to the Kroghetto, or all the way across west campus to get to the Target there, especially with arm-fulls of groceries. In the right market (ie: college towns), I can see this doing really well, but there's no point in having one in the middle of suburbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back