MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Anyone having sleds that won't charge in the cradle a known cradle that works? Work around? Anyone try the USB port?

I've noticed intermittently that they're not charging. Usually I can get them to charge by making sure the USB cover is shut completely so the contact can be made and pushing down firmly on the mydevice. Someone posted on here they found a portable battery charger that worked but idk what or where I read that.

Unless one of these "dedicated" devices is used open to close, than it should not be dedicated. The only role that should be dedicated is the LOD and GSTL/GSA. Why let a device sit idol when someone can be using it.
At my store pricing gets first dibs on the two dedicated ones. When we sign them back in someone else can sign them out. I also get mine on Saturday for ad prep.

I've noticed intermittently that they're not charging. Usually I can get them to charge by making sure the USB cover is shut completely so the contact can be made and pushing down firmly on the mydevice. Someone posted on here they found a portable battery charger that worked but idk what or where I read that.

No this one WILL NOT CHARGE at all. Like charge contacts are broken in the sled.. I got pissed with the ETL who handles broken equipment so I chucked it in the pile. Not going to bother trying to get one up and running.

No this one WILL NOT CHARGE at all. Like charge contacts are broken in the sled.. I got pissed with the ETL who handles broken equipment so I chucked it in the pile. Not going to bother trying to get one up and running.
Yeah that needs to be sent out and get a new sled put on. My equipment manager sucks too and throws a fit when we ask him to fix something or send it out.

So at this point what do you guys think is greater? the cost of these devices? or the waste in payroll from TMs waiting for them to work/reboot/heading up to grab one that isn't dead/one that scans.

I don't think these devices were designed to be discharged down to 10% and then recharged back to 100% overnight on a daily basis.
Oh the batteries in the ipods wont last very long in about two years they'll struggle to last a half shift even with the brightness turned way down. Ipod batteries are not easily replaced alot of heatgun and glue to work though. The sled you can just change the battery.

Some of us have resorted to placing our MyDevices in the docking stations of the registry devices behind guest services during periods of inactivity. Two hours on those in the morning and the MyDevices seem perfectly useable for the remainder of the day. Time to order some new docks I think...

Some of us have resorted to placing our MyDevices in the docking stations of the registry devices behind guest services during periods of inactivity. Two hours on those in the morning and the MyDevices seem perfectly useable for the remainder of the day. Time to order some new docks I think...

I have done that on days they are in super short supply and I need to hide it to charge.

I've been considering getting one of Honeywell's special charge cables before flow goes ON (Cause all those devices will be ded by 8am) for 4Q but $25 is kind of a lot for a cord..

Oh the batteries in the ipods wont last very long in about two years they'll struggle to last a half shift even with the brightness turned way down. Ipod batteries are not easily replaced alot of heatgun and glue to work though. The sled you can just change the battery.

Two years? Try it's already happening.

Has anyone tried to backstock hanging softlines with a mydevice?

I would try it myself but I rarely get my hands on a mydevice these days.

One of the leaders told me I could do this when I'm on break and need a quick charge. I'd rather leave it in the equipment room with a "DO NOT TOUCH" note on it. Woe to whoever eventually grabs it while I'm on lunch.

One of the leaders told me I could do this when I'm on break and need a quick charge. I'd rather leave it in the equipment room with a "DO NOT TOUCH" note on it. Woe to whoever eventually grabs it while I'm on lunch.
I've done it. Audibly heard someone say "oh it's 'RunForACallBox's' ands was surprised it was still in there when I got back. That was only when it wasn't fully charged when I grabbed it that morning. Other than that it lasts a whole shift.

Sometimes there is just no place to put it. The softlines flow TMs put any excess hanging clothes on z-racks and try to work them out every day...But sometimes it just keeps piling up and gets in the way so a BRTM will hang everything above the light duty aisles. We know it's not best practice and most of it can't be backstocked in RF Apps...But it still goes up and it just stays unlocated.

All of those upper hanging sections still have BR location labels, so it would be very helpful to locate the products that are back there anyways.

MyGo and Price Match coming to MyDevice next week for my store. :eek: Not sure how many stores are getting it though.

Back