To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM PISSED! Mostly at myself...BUT PISSED!

I had a guest come up to guest service whom is a known scammer. In the past, it's been mostly coupon related scamming. So when she came up to GS, I was ready for something like that. She made a few small (under $5) returns, so she could get cash instead of a gift card. Then, she returned some toys items with her ID. She wasn't over her limit either.

So I though, "okay, a little shady, but she didn't pull anything weird." However, she was also had a cart full of Houshold items that she took to the lanes to purchase. Even though there was nothing blatantly obvious going on, I still thought it was weird. Then I start inspecting the toys she returned, and then I notice, box cutter marks around the barcode. Then it dawns on me she was ticket switching. I was so pissed I didn't catch it. She pasted a barcode for a $20 toy onto a toy we don't even sell. I was kicking myself. I HATE HAAAAATE when guests get away with this shit.

Then, I see her make her way back to Guest Service to cash out a gift card. I'm standing at my register, with the toy right on my counter, with the fake barcode removed, and the real barcode exposed. I let her ask to cash out a gift card. I say, "Okay. And for future reference, we won't be taking returns like this anymore." I gestured to the toy. She just looks at me mumbling she didn't know what I was talking about. I cut her off before she could finish, "Okay, I'm just letting you know now, we will not be taking these in the future." She said nothing, took her money, and left.

UGH! So frustrating. I should have known. I wrote a note and put it on the item, and the LOD put it in the AP office. (AP was gone for the night) So I guess it's good I at least noticed eventually, but I wish I had noticed that before. I'm so sick of this lady. Her other returns were "fine." Meaning they weren't ticket switch items. But I wouldn't be surprised if she got them for free somewhere else, and returned it to our store for profit.

END RANT! So TTOG...don't come back to our store, because I will destroy any scam you try and pull!
God I hate guests who pull crap like that, there's a lady who sends her kid in to do her dirty returns that I just flat out deny and tell everyone else to deny (Which reminds me, tell newbies to deny). They'll try to return things half empty or full of junk, then try and argue that they bought them this way. Oh you bought this with scotch tape everywhere and a bunch of paper and empty plastic?

Had a lady return a high-dollar electric toothbrush with the UPC cut off. We pulled one from the floor to verify it was the same as on the receipt & that the blister pack hadn't been tampered with.
She demanded the original receipt (even tho there was nothing else on there) & did NOT want the return slip stapled to it.
Why?
Rebate.
That's when you circle the toothbrush & write "returned" with the date ;)

TTOG,

I love how you hurriedly entered the store and practically ran to Starbucks as though your pants were on fire. Once you arrived, winded and breathing heavily, you were very amusing with that cell phone trick. You know the one. Oh yes, you know the one I'm talking about. The one where you stood texting while pretending you didn't hear my "Hello" or my "What can I get started for you this morning?" You clever girl, you didn't even look up from that phone! Yeah, that one. And then when you loudly cleared your throat and sighed heavily after I smiled and turned to hit the button on the coffee timer. Yeah, that was adorable, too! Oh, might I add that I really appreciated the "talk to the hand" gesture I got when I asked, "Are you ready to order?" I really think the best part was when you finally looked up from your phone, tilted your head to one side, rolled your eyes and said, "Jeeezus, I'm late to the gym. Can you hurry?"

Get the hell out of my Starbucks and don't come back until you've learned some manners. Put that freaking phone in your Coach handbag or your pocket or at least look at me for a few seconds. Acknowledge my presence and appreciate that I've acknowledged yours. Order your damn drink, pay for it, and take your rude ass to the end of the bar. Once you're there, patiently wait while I grind some beans and start a fresh pot of Pike Place. I might even have the sudden need to straighten the pastry case or wipe down a counter or two. Then I'll make your Grande Decaf Skinny Vanilla Latte. Bitch.

TTOG,

I love how you hurriedly entered the store and practically ran to Starbucks as though your pants were on fire. Once you arrived, winded and breathing heavily, you were very amusing with that cell phone trick. You know the one. Oh yes, you know the one I'm talking about. The one where you stood texting while pretending you didn't hear my "Hello" or my "What can I get started for you this morning?" You clever girl, you didn't even look up from that phone! Yeah, that one. And then when you loudly cleared your throat and sighed heavily after I smiled and turned to hit the button on the coffee timer. Yeah, that was adorable, too! Oh, might I add that I really appreciated the "talk to the hand" gesture I got when I asked, "Are you ready to order?" I really think the best part was when you finally looked up from your phone, tilted your head to one side, rolled your eyes and said, "Jeeezus, I'm late to the gym. Can you hurry?"

Get the hell out of my Starbucks and don't come back until you've learned some manners. Put that freaking phone in your Coach handbag or your pocket or at least look at me for a few seconds. Acknowledge my presence and appreciate that I've acknowledged yours. Order your damn drink, pay for it, and take your rude ass to the end of the bar. Once you're there, patiently wait while I grind some beans and start a fresh pot of Pike Place. I might even have the sudden need to straighten the pastry case or wipe down a counter or two. Then I'll make your Grande Decaf Skinny Vanilla Latte. Bitch.
I'm pretty sure that there is still room in the walk in!

God I hate guests who pull crap like that, there's a lady who sends her kid in to do her dirty returns that I just flat out deny and tell everyone else to deny (Which reminds me, tell newbies to deny). They'll try to return things half empty or full of junk, then try and argue that they bought them this way. Oh you bought this with scotch tape everywhere and a bunch of paper and empty plastic?

How awful. I've had that before where they would be sent with the ID of the parent. I tell them their parent needs to be here for the return. I once had a group of 5-6 kids, all about 11 and younger probably, each with 2 gift card sin hand, all wanting to cash them out. Fucking ridiculous. And I wish I didn't feel the judgment in this case, but these were all kind dirty and sloppy looking kids too. Kinda sad. I wasn't very nice to them, I said, "No, I'm only doing 2 for your whole group." But the GSTL didn't back me up on that one.

TTOG: If you left your purse in a fitting room stall on Sunday, it's not going to be there the following Thursday. Why it took you so long to go looking for it is beyond me. Btw, I told you to go to Guest Service where we have our lost and found and you went right back to the fitting room where you pestered the person covering my break. Just curious, was your brain in your handbag when it was left behind? That might explain a few things.

TTOG: If you ask me a question from far away and I walk towards you to help, please do not continually walk away as I try to find the item/information for you. If you wouldn't walk away from your friends/family while they are answering your questions and expect them to follow you, then please don't do that to Target employees. We're just as human too.

TTOG,

Like I told Kartman, BEING a barista isn't hard.
Dealing with the uber-entitled without coming close to homicide? Nearly impossible.
@SlapHappy: There's ALWAYS room in the walk-in.
And degreaser...LOTS of degreaser.

To that one shoplifter:
If you notice AP following you, just go ahead and ditch all the clothes you were trying to lift and leave the store. That's what we want you to do. Why you chose to flee into the bathroom and attempt to flush several items of clothing down the toilet, I will never know. I hope you had fun getting arrested for destruction of property, because I know everyone in the store had a great time trying to clean up the massive flood you caused, especially since our HRBP was expected for a store visit in ten minutes or so.

TTOG,

And this is when you give her a full-caff, full-fat vanilla latte....she will "feel that burn" BIG TIME at the gym ;)

TTOG:
What the actual f*ck?
Seriously.
I know you as a couponer and saw you go towards a new cashiers lane. I went and shadowed her so that if she had questions I would be there. I smiled at you. You proceeded to to freak out. You told me you were writing down my name because I victimized you. You cursed out the cashier and myself and told me that I was a f*cking rude bitch.
I've never stopped you or told you no. I wasn't there to stop you. I was there to help her. It took everything in me not to burst out with laughter when the cashier took out a piece of paper and wrote our names down for you.
Sorry, I'll try not to smile at you in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back