To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phone call: Hi, do you have any ping pong table thingys that sit on top of a pool table?
Me: Let me check. *doesnt think so but asks tm to check* No, we don't.
Guest: You don't have ANYTHING we can play beer pong with? Do you know where we can get one?
Me: No and nope sorry.
Guest: You're trying to get me off the phone aren't you, you didn't even look!
Me: That's not true. I did have someone check and all we carry are free-standing ping pong tables.

*to ETL later as I beg again not to be forced to work operator.* I can't take these guests on the phone, they drive me c-r-a-z-y.

I'm sorry sir, but you are talking to someone who knows her signing. It is 30% off but you have to use cartwheel and I explained what it is. You insist on how guest would know that until I pointed out the words on the signs saying that it's for the smart phones. We (vendor or Target) are not trying to scam you. You getting infuriated is not needed.

He was getting mad until I explained that everything is clear.

TTOG: thanks for wearing headphones and talking on your phone and being so oblivious and disrespectful while slowly checking out and juggling your Very Important Meetings that you didn't even notice that I was making bug eyes at you and then looking at the guests behind you, who were also making bug eyes at you for being such a dick. Sometimes I accidentally get non-chatty on a register but I think your one act of dickishness made me look like a friendly angel for the next three guests who couldn't resist criticizing your demeanor.

TTOG I have no problem helping you with the patio rugs. But as it's difficult to get the largest ones out of the fencing setup alone (I'm a bit short), I already had another TM coming to assist.

Your comment of "They're heavy, we need a fella' to do it" wasn't necessary.

Yes, the TM who came to assist me was a male... but guess what? Saying "See, we just needed a fella's muscles" wasn't needed either. If you're so doubtful of my capability, then next time maybe you should just ask a male in the first place.

TTOG I have no problem helping you with the patio rugs. But as it's difficult to get the largest ones out of the fencing setup alone (I'm a bit short), I already had another TM coming to assist.

Your comment of "They're heavy, we need a fella' to do it" wasn't necessary.

Yes, the TM who came to assist me was a male... but guess what? Saying "See, we just needed a fella's muscles" wasn't needed either. If you're so doubtful of my capability, then next time maybe you should just ask a male in the first place.
Speaking of men and heavy objects, does anyone else get annoyed by those macho guys that insist they're able to push a bed or flat by themselves? I tell them that guests aren't allowed to push them and it's against company policy and they insist, "oh don't worry I got it!" It's not a courtesy policy it's for your safety and it's a liability issue!

Laneige doesn't understand colors. As a girl the color of paper, I figured their fair shade, which is lightest, would work. It's like the equivalent of a light from any other brand, and their darks are basically just mediums. Avoid their foundations like the plague. The only people who can use them are people with perfectly tanned, but not too tan, skin.

I had a tattoo artist refer to me as "blank paper" and he meant it as high praise cause color ink really pops.

TTOG : I know you were just trying to be "cute" && see if I would let you into my CLOSED fitting room 20 minutes before store close. But sorry, I sincerely give zero Fs if you strip naked in the men's department to try on your shorts. I've got a Z of reshop to push - so have fun, just stay out of the frs. Thanks for shopping target & have a nice evening :)

TTOG....It is not the fault of Target or our card reader if you do not activate your card before using it. It is not our fault that you keep incorrectly entering in your pin number. No, I cannot look up your card number. No, I do not know your pin number.
I kind of wish we could just swipe their card to be honest... I feel like most of the time during a cashiering shift I'm explaining how to use the card reader or they're having trouble with the card reader. What to press for credit, their card is not going through, how to use the chip reader, their chip doesnt work, etc :rolleyes: I'm tired of having to hold their hand through the process

Last edited:
I'm sorry sir, but you are talking to someone who knows her signing. It is 30% off but you have to use cartwheel and I explained what it is. You insist on how guest would know that until I pointed out the words on the signs saying that it's for the smart phones. We (vendor or Target) are not trying to scam you. You getting infuriated is not needed.

He was getting mad until I explained that everything is clear.
I had a guest flip out because she didn't have the coupon for the $5 GC with the $20 beauty purchase & insisted the signs "said nothing about needing a coupon!"

TTTOG: I apologize that you had to witness the idiocy of my ETL-HR as she tried to make me do "actual work" as I was in the middle of helping you. Yes, that is just how the woman acts. Yes, she is that patronizing on a regular basis. In my opinion, you were perfectly within your rights as a guest to demand to speak to the STL about her, but you just wanted to leave for your child's birthday party, and I respected that. Despite the freaking leader on duty coming right up to you and acting as unprofessional as is normal for her, you were still pleasant with me for the remainder of our interaction, and you can always come back to me when you need help.

Speaking of men and heavy objects, does anyone else get annoyed by those macho guys that insist they're able to push a bed or flat by themselves? I tell them that guests aren't allowed to push them and it's against company policy and they insist, "oh don't worry I got it!" It's not a courtesy policy it's for your safety and it's a liability issue!
Thats when i take control of the flat/tub. A couple years ago an idiot guest hurt themselves with a flat, so now we are SUPER strict on this policy.

I had a guest flip out because she didn't have the coupon for the $5 GC with the $20 beauty purchase & insisted the signs "said nothing about needing a coupon!"

I know it's bad and I'm sorry but I was feeling a teeny tiny bit gleeful when I keep giving him answers to everything he was saying. Because he was getting upset with when there was no reason to.

I know it's bad and I'm sorry but I was feeling a teeny tiny bit gleeful when I keep giving him answers to everything he was saying. Because he was getting upset with when there was no reason to.
Me too. I even offered to let her get the coupon and she declined, saying "I'll just go up front. They will give it to me!" Mmmkay. Go for it sweetheart!

Using the chip reader is not rocket science. People are just lazy and can't/don't follow directions. Europe has been using this system for a long time and they don't have a problem using it.

I kind of wish we could just swipe their card to be honest... I feel like most of the time during a cashiering shift I'm explaining how to use the card reader or they're having trouble with the card reader. What to press for credit, their card is not going through, how to use the chip reader, their chip doesnt work, etc :rolleyes: I'm tired of having to hold their hand through the process

TTOG: When I answer the phone and you say I'm calling about job opps, I assume you are interested in seeing what positions we are hiring for, so I encouraged you to go to Target.com and apply. You said loudly and rudely "I've already done that!!!" I said well call back to speak with HR when they are in. But I assure you speaking to me or anyone else like that will get you nowhere.

TTOG: When I answer the phone and you say I'm calling about job opps, I assume you are interested in seeing what positions we are hiring for, so I encouraged you to go to Target.com and apply. You said loudly and rudely "I've already done that!!!" I said well call back to speak with HR when they are in. But I assure you speaking to me or anyone else like that will get you nowhere.
Hahaha. Once I was putting out a cart of shirts, and a guest was paying no attention to her screaming kid and tearing through the cart looking for something. She asked if we were hiring and I told her we weren't.

I always hated getting calls from people who were checking on their application. They never called while HR was in and HR rarely had a consistent time they were scheduled to leave. I feel like a lot of them already had day jobs, which was why they never called before noon on weekdays...

I always hated getting calls from people who were checking on their application. They never called while HR was in and HR rarely had a consistent time they were scheduled to leave. I feel like a lot of them already had day jobs, which was why they never called before noon on weekdays...

When I first started, Target was my evening/weekend job but I always found an odd moment during my day job to call to speak with HR at Target if I needed to. But I never had to call to check on my app because they called me within a day or two. I never even expected them to call back ;)

To those guests who make a kind comment after I finish dealing with a particularly difficult guest:
You are all angels. Thank you for making my day a little bit better.
I noticed that that always happens at least it did when I was still cashiering. Loved those guests!

Using the chip reader is not rocket science. People are just lazy and can't/don't follow directions. Europe has been using this system for a long time and they don't have a problem using it.

Or when you tell them to leave it in and they take it out instead. Than they want to get pissy with you saying they don't know how to work it. -_-.

I JUST FUCKING TOLD YOU HOW TO PUT THE GODDAM THING IN AND YOU WEREN'T LISTENING.

sorry for the language lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back