To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: not my problem that you are hungover don't feel well AGAIN. I'm NOT covering your behind once again! At least this time, you actually CAME to work and didn't completely call off, so the other tech actually HAS someone to work with (which they would until 7, even if you had), unlike the one time you screwed me for the ENTIRE day (since you were the only other tech scheduled) :mad:

TTOTM: Yeah, sorry...I do feel bad that I threw you under the bus a bit today. But honestly, you are consistently late every single day you work. And I'm done staying later for it. If I'm scheduled to leave, I'm leaving. And I think the LOD nearly had a stroke when I told him that...but he said he saw my point (especially since I will be in overtime before my shift is up tomorrow).

So, if you're going to be late, I'm completely okay with it, because I'm leaving either way. But funny how as soon as I said that, our ETL said that he had noticed that and said he should talk to you about that. Sure...now that it's his problem he cares. But I'm sorry, enough is enough. If the LODs want to cover for you until you come in, that's up to them. But I don't get paid enough and am not appreciated enough for doing so, so I'm done.

So if you both (as LODs) are covering the front lanes for the GSTL while he covers guest services for me while I am on lunch, then why the fuck am I stopping to help cashiers (while not being paid) because you two are no where to be found??

To that one GSA...if you are going to send guests over to the service desk to check out without checking to see if I'm helping anyone else there first, then I am going to be pounding on the back up button...and it's a heck of a lot easier to find a back up to cashier on the lanes than it is to find someone to help out at the service desk because you've clogged my line up with small orders.

To that one SrTL...thank you for your encouragement today. Part of me honestly believes that you really do like working with me and at least on some level have my back....and I don't believe that about any TL right now...so thank you.

To the ETLs: Enough of this cliquey crap. This is Target, not high school.

To certain TLs: You may be welcome in the above mentioned clique, but your toolishness will not earn you the respect of the team. Just saying.

To that one TL who will almost certainly read this in the near future: I wasn't talking about you. You're one of the good ones.

TTOTM: Thanks for bringing the second bag of cat food to my lane for a guest, but why in the hell would you practically force her to fill out a comment card and hover over her while filling it out? This job is NOT worth whoring yourself out for.

TTOTM: Thanks for bringing the second bag of cat food to my lane for a guest, but why in the hell would you practically force her to fill out a comment card and hover over her while filling it out? This job is NOT worth whoring yourself out for.
that's basically what our ETL's are asking of us...to whore ourselves out for positive surveys....we are ALWAYS last in our district (for good reason) in vibe scores. Except when fitting room is mentioned then we are 100%. They also don't like that I ask guests to fill out surveys whether it's good or bad so that we know what we can work on :)

We have a hardware store in our strip & the lumber yard guys are always coming by for iced tea & water so our TL started asking them to do surveys.
Actually, he asked the cute little barista who waits on them the most to ask them.
So far, we're looking good so whatever it takes.....

TTOTM: ok, if you are waiting for a ride, after we close, sitting in the break room, chatting on your phone, oblivious to the world is a bad idea. You came very close to getting yourself locked in the store. Oddly enough, I nearly stuck my head into the break room before I left tonight, because my gut told me to, but I didn't because I was convinced I was being silly.

Oh, and coming out of the break room and being all indignant that you nearly got locked in because nobody checked it on our way out? Seriously? Not cool. You've been here less than two weeks, are late half the time because the bus doesn't come until 10 minutes after the hour, you pulled an NCNS yesterday, and today I had orders to requisition you a pair of khakis so you would have a pair for work (something Spot would never do). You have little room to be indignant about much of anything right now.

To my fellow team member:

I understand you worked at a Starbucks before coming to Target but that doesn't give you the right to boss me around. It felt great to watch you mess up a drink the other day...you definitely aren't perfect. Target runs differently than a Starbucks so bossing me around daily on things you know nothing about is obnoxious. No one cares.

TToETL...Thanks for the long convo today. If what we talked about wasn't bullshit, I hope to see some positive changes coming, and maybe some opportunities for me (real, not target-jargon opportunities) to train more and advance.

To that etl who so happy to tell me that cell phones were now allowed on the salesfloor while I was in the breakroom playing on my phone:
No I will not take my iphone on the salesfloor to help guests and show them cartwheel app or the coupons!
Unless ,of course, target pays part of my bill !

To be fair, you're allowed to connect to the wifi to help guests. They aren't asking you to use your data. You also don't have to use your phone if you don't want to.

It's pretty much a moot point since all stores will be swapping out PDAs and LPDAs for iPod touches starting this summer.

To be fair, you're allowed to connect to the wifi to help guests. They aren't asking you to use your data. You also don't have to use your phone if you don't want to.

It's pretty much a moot point since all stores will be swapping out PDAs and LPDAs for iPod touches starting this summer.

I'm curious, what kind of cases are they going to put on the iPods.
Considering what I've seen happen to PDAs over the years it seems like the iPods would have a very short life.

to the management team...so you are mad at me leaving only giving me 21 hours this week (8 that I had to call out for)......until you realize that I can do adjeciencies and so adding 19 hours to my schedule and begging to come in for more? Sucks to be you but I refuse to add more time to my sentence. Especially since you really gave me screwed up hours the next few weeks.

I'm curious, what kind of cases are they going to put on the iPods.
Considering what I've seen happen to PDAs over the years it seems like the iPods would have a very short life.

My store was one of those who tested the ipods during 4th quarter. The ipod had an Otterbox case, but a cheap holster thing similar to this...

Attachments

• $_35.JPG
    $_35.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 28
My store was one of those who tested the ipods during 4th quarter. The ipod had an Otterbox case, but a cheap holster thing similar to this...

Thanks.
Sounds like people are going to have to be a lot more careful.

Wait back the frick frack up... what?

How exactly is this gonna work? Like, is it all PDAs? No PDAs at all, just the iPod touches?

It was in the newest issue of red. Sounded like all PDAs and LPDAs are being retired since they've reached the end of their life cycle.

To that one ETL who yelled at me over the walkie in full earshot of several guests that he was "in the middle of something" (Grilling TM's who were about to take the Best Team Survey) and refused to bring up some printer paper for the registry kiosk printers that all three ran out of paper simultaneously leaving people waiting and waiting for their printouts. When I politely informed him of the guests who had been waiting and were getting impatient, he yelled again at me "Well why didn't you say so?!
Not the best time to be copping an attitude to me in front of guests, considering I was in the next group they called back to take the survey. Let's just say I didn't score him very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back