To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
@danny315 'Sup, fellow "I take before and after shots of the disasters I fix" TM. And that reminds me!

To everyone else in the store, especially anyone who stocks the checklanes: Here's an easy way to tell if a peg is overstocked! If the merest touch of that peg or the ones surrounding it sends product sliding off you have done a very poor job of stocking.
To the backroom: Advance apologies for the day when I snap and bring back 14 lanes worth of overstock for you to deal with.

Here's a better picture:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiloqme03v72azq/photo apr 26, 2 18 19 pm.jpg?dl=0

Those empty spots are begging to be researched.
Normally I'd be against non-instocks-trained TMs changing counts but you know what? If that aisle's been like that few days and it isn't PTM-labeled, go for it. Somebody should have caught that mess earlier and done something about it. Just remember, if you're scanning something with multiple locs, update all of them, please. Your IS team's probably got enough going on they don't need extra stuff showing up on the drastic counts.

Thank you! I forgot to mention there were 2 full flats of backstock. I feel bad for the backroom team.
I feel bad for them because it probably came right back out in the hourly pulls after they backstocked it unless they were smart enough to SUBT/TAKE9999

TTONewTM: You've been here, what, a week? Mainly being trained in Hardlines.

So... how is it you don't know how to zone properly? It's not that hard. It's straightening items, pulling things forward, making sure items are in the proper spot, etc. It's not go through aisles slowly, then having me have to go back through them anyway and do it properly.

grump

TTO BRTM: Look, you've been here 3 weeks and I get that you're still learning the backroom and may be a bit slow until you get more accustomed but you really have to step it up. Every time the CAFs drop, it feels like I'm doing them alone because you only manage to do 1 reasonably sized batch in a half hour. It's already bad enough we can't leave you alone in the BR because you're unable to ride the WAVE or use ladders, so you need to make it up in other areas.

TTONewTM: You've been here, what, a week? Mainly being trained in Hardlines.

So... how is it you don't know how to zone properly? It's not that hard. It's straightening items, pulling things forward, making sure items are in the proper spot, etc. It's not go through aisles slowly, then having me have to go back through them anyway and do it properly.

grump
At least at my store, a lot of new team members treat zoning as if it's a 4x4 when they first start out. They pull everything to the front and scan half the items to make sure they go in the right place. I have to explain to them that you only have to pull a few items forward and only worry about the obvious stuff that doesn't belong there.

To be fair, I do a mix of both, but I do it quickly enough that I can still get things done.
Yes, if everything of an item can be pulled to the front quickly, I'll do it. But if there's 100 path lights on the shelf, I'm not going to pull every single one forward. And sometimes there's so little space that if you try to pull everything forward, you arm knocks down stuff that's next to it.

To that one operator: I don't know who peed in your Cheerios, but there's really no need to get nasty when announcing phone calls.

Sometimes I sound annoyed because the guest annoyed me and I managed to stay composed while the guest was on the phone but then it comes out when I make the announcement. Other times I'm actually annoyed if the call bounced back 3 times and no one responded at all. If you're with a guest, you can respond quickly. If you know there's no one in the area, tell me... And maybe volunteer to help. Otherwise, I just go look for the item if it bounces back too much. This little response might as well be "to those tms who never acknowledge sher's phone announcements.

Of course that might not have been the case with your annoyed operator haha.

TTOETL: You've worked here longer than I have. Surely you know you're supposed to tell a TM if you've changed/fixed their schedule. If you haven't gotten your shit together by now, you never will... but a girl can dream. Maybe you should just retire.

TTO (former) TL: I'm sorry to see things go down the way they did. You were by far the best and hardest working TL in the building! But I understand at some point you need to do what is best for yourself. Good luck at your new job!

TTO ETL-LOG: Nice job, asshole... I've heard this is the 3rd Flow TL you've gone through in 2 years. At this rate, I'd be surprised if the district will let you have any more.

To that one new (to my store) etl: I get that you were a team member eons ago. That's awesome you moved up. Cool. Cool cool cool. But you gotta realize that we dont have the staff or the hours that existed when you were a sales floor team member. You gotta lower your expectations, because there's no way a closing team of 1-2 is getting a perfect SL zone. You gotta chill. Orrrr you can stop saying "I used to work in this dept!" And show us instead. You clearly have the experience... Soo why not help?

ttoetl log- I am starting to see a change in you...I pray that you keep it up. Also, please remember YOU are the srtl/log's LEADER...he answers to you not the other way around .Stop letting him run all over you !

tto etl/hr- What the hell do you do all day? You have been annoying as hell since the first day you walked in the store. You pawn all the HR work off on the HR tm...if she ever quit your hiney would be screwed .

ttotm- I literally had to go into the bathroom yesterday to get away from YOU and all of your constant complaining. I didn't even have to use the bathroom...I just had to have a short break from it . Everyone in the world is not against you ...Yes, Spot can be shady but you are not under contract...so you can leave. You are a hypocrite ....you complain about other people doing things and turn around and do them yourself. Please, stop!

Last edited:
tto etl/hr- What the hell do you do all day? You have been annoying as hell since the first day you walked in the store. You pawn all the HR work off on the HR tm...if she ever quit your hiney would be screwed .

I'd like to direct this at my ETL-HR as well

To that one overnight team member who left a blade one the shelf: that's the second time this month! A little girl picked it up and she could've spliced her finger open. I hope the message gets passed down to the overnight team lead because we need to find out who's responsible or else we'll be facing lawsuits.

To that one GSTL:

Good God, you are so freaking fake! You make jokes with guests and other TMs, only to be snide and passive aggressive behind their backs. Or to their face, only to be like "I'm just kidding". You are about as real as Sweet'N Low and you're not as popular as you think you are.

TTOTL: I'm going to miss you, even though you weren't my TL. You are the only one who wasn't chugging that Spot Kool-Aid and now you're on to bigger and better things...as a store manager at a great retailer. You totally deserve that promotion and I know you will rock it. Make them fat stacks and hey, if you ever have a position opening up at your store, you know who to call!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back