To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
For hard lines stuff, I ought to try that. It's a bit more tricky with softlines stuff and you are trying to describe the type of shoe the guest is looking for in their clearance section (because what it looks like will help it stand out a bit better) to a new seasonal girl who you end up trying to train to use a PDA over the phone, and you aren't even sure if she actually found the right size or is still looking at the PDA which says there is one....somewhere...unless it's been sold.

Heck, the fact that I got to talk to someone that night was a miracle enough for me.

To that one HL TM.

I sent you on a wild goose chase today. Last week we held two orange plastic tubs for a guest. Whatever TM put them aside gave them the wrong size lids. Naturally, the tubs and corresponding lids are long gone. Luckily, the guest was cool with us just giving her any lid that would fit. You spent forever looking for whatever you could come up with. And somehow, you found two blue lids to trade with her. You totally vibed it out for her! And to the guest who now has orange bins with blue tops, I'm really glad you didn't care about the lid color and just wanted the tubs to be orange...because the colors look terrible together! But you were happy, so that's all that mattered.

To that new GSTL who our store is training for a different store. You've never worked retail, much less at Target? Tread carefully, my friend. Most likely someone is upset they didn't get the promotion. And you may not know who until an explosion occurs.

And again today. I called once, asked for HL furniture. You put me on hold for nearly 5 minutes before I got hung up on. So I called back. Again, you put me on hold for 5 minutes and then I got hung up on AGAIN! I never even spoke to anyone in hard lines! The guest could have been at your store faster than it took her to determine that you weren't going to actually help us over the phone and decided to just drive over there herself. I nearly called you back to let you know how unhelpful you were being, but knew it wasn't my place.

My system said you only had one left. I really hope you did. And if you didn't I really hope she complained to someone about your failure to be of any use over the phone.

Another RPh at another pharmacy called our store to ask a question the other day. One of our techs called back with the answer, and just got "hold please" (no "Target pharmacy", nothing...for all she knew, she was calling Timbuktu), then sat there for a few minutes, called back and when the same person answered, she said "WAIT! This is *me* and I'm calling *RPh* back". He then said "fine, just hold" so the tech first told the RPh the answer, then how rude her tech was ;)

Ok, I'm super confused...I had a guest come through my line with two watches and wanted to know if she could try them on before she bought them, to make sure they fit. I figured I would vibe it out, and went to GS to grab a box cutter. My GSA said I shouldn't done that because as soon as I cut it out, if the guest doesn't buy it, it has to be marked down for repackaging. So I compromised with the guest (without mentioning the repackaging issue), had her try on one of the two, and of course she bought the one that she didn't try on.

While I understand my GSA's concern, what the heck is the point of making the guest buy it, try it on, decide it doesn't fit, and then bring it back that way? Aren't I just making a guest happy and saving the middle step of the guest turning around and returning it?

Ok, I'm super confused...I had a guest come through my line with two watches and wanted to know if she could try them on before she bought them, to make sure they fit. I figured I would vibe it out, and went to GS to grab a box cutter. My GSA said I shouldn't done that because as soon as I cut it out, if the guest doesn't buy it, it has to be marked down for repackaging. So I compromised with the guest (without mentioning the repackaging issue), had her try on one of the two, and of course she bought the one that she didn't try on.

While I understand my GSA's concern, what the heck is the point of making the guest buy it, try it on, decide it doesn't fit, and then bring it back that way? Aren't I just making a guest happy and saving the middle step of the guest turning around and returning it?

your GSA is being stupid. I would have let the guest try on the watches even before we had the vibe. There is no point in making them buy them and take them home to try them on. If someone at a store said that to me I wouldn't buy it there and would take my money somewhere else that was less of a hassle.

Thank you....it's nice to know that I'm not completely stupid. This is the same GSA who makes sure to let me know that everything I do is wrong...so it's hard to gauge sometimes, when I know my best will never be good enough.

your GSA is being stupid. I would have let the guest try on the watches even before we had the vibe. There is no point in making them buy them and take them home to try them on. If someone at a store said that to me I wouldn't buy it there and would take my money somewhere else that was less of a hassle.

I always let guests try on watches before the vibe too. Its called guest "SERVICE"... I rg's GSA needs to be re-trained...

Back when we still had the jewlery boat, i would always hop behind there to help people in jewlery, and I would let them try on as many as they wanted (Within reason).

if you do it right (which you were doing) those watches don't need to be repackaged. It took me awhile to figure it out but if you take one of the small shoe tag attachers and put it through the holes (and watch) like you are sewing on a button it's back to good!! Much better for us to do it and know where the tried on watches are than the guests who rip apart the package (then it really does have to be repackaged) and just set the watch down, wily nily. Plus, those set down watches are easier to steal....less money lost even if we have to repackage two watches to one stolen watch.

To my team... If I can knock out 4 departments for ad sets in two hours, and then we start the clock and you all can't finish the remaining four with my help in 3 hours, you have got to PICK IT UP AND HUSTLE. WORK FASTER. GAH. *pulls hair out*

I ALWAYS hated calling other stores because I'd ALWAYS get stuck with the SFTM who DIDN'T know how to park a call & would ALWAYS hang up on me. D:

Haha how do you park a call? I've asked other team members, team leads, and even the operators themselves but no one at my store knows how to park the red phones. We just hang them on the till...

Haha how do you park a call? I've asked other team members, team leads, and even the operators themselves but no one at my store knows how to park the red phones. We just hang them on the till...

Let's say Josh the operator says, Electronics, You've got a call on 35. So you would..

Pick up the nearest red phone, dial 35 & say "This is (Your Name Here), Can I Help You Find Something?"
If you need to put them on hold, click the receiver button briefly (you should hear a beep-beep-beep) & dial the number you're putting them on hold with (say, back on 35) then hang up the phone. To retrieve the call, repeat the first line.
If you dial a number & it gives you a busy signal, that line is already in use. Click briefly to bring the call back (verify the guest is still there) then try again with a different line.

Thanks to Redeye58, for posting these instructions earlier.

To that one HL TM. We haven't worked together much, so I'm still getting a feeling for you and am trying to keep an open mind. But I've noticed our HL team seems to get more done when you aren't around. And the new not quite 18 year old, being incredibly distractible at her age does not need you encouraging her. So pick an aisle and zone it completely...not half here and half there and then find something to talk about. It would just make the rest of our night go a bit easier.

Thanks to our DTL for sending a nice e-mail to recognize my efforts in softlines, as we are short a team lead, as well as some fixtures (right fixtures) and space. Thanks to my SFETL and the STL for letting the DTL know about my hard and for always giving a sincere thank you. Needless to say I am ready for review time, as I know I will get a good score and raise. In addition thanks to the other team leads in my store also for giving me a BIG vote of confidence for everything I do. This includes the backroom team lead who gave me high praise around the guest that had a little something something in her coffee this morning (that is another good story).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back