Archived When do hours go down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a cover sheet on our wall schedule for the week after next that says we're down almost 600 hours' worth of payroll for the week.

Why are my fellow GSAs getting cut though even though I know they’re “technically” TMs.. one’s I’ve worked with in the past were guaranteed 40 hours all year if they wanted it (heck when I was a GSA.. I got 40 hours a week plus some overtime and all GSTL shifts since I was being used for GSTL on the cheap before I finally promoted!)
Yeah, everyone thinks the GSAs at my store are guaranteed 40 hours (I believe they were). They tend to get more consistent hours, which is one reason I took the position, but I’ve definitely hit some low points hour wise as a GSA.

Lucky for me, my one GSTL loves to call me in (not that we have too many hours avail rn) and always checks my schedule to see where my hours are at and will let me know if she hears people are trying to switch or something like that.

Week of 1/6 hours are super low, but it's even worse because some glitch in the system put me and a few other team members as having time off and we never requested any lol. So even less hours than I could've had 😩

Week of 1/6 hours are super low, but it's even worse because some glitch in the system put me and a few other team members as having time off and we never requested any lol. So even less hours than I could've had 😩
By "glitch" do you mean ETL?

What I love: The computer auto-generated hours for the week of the 6th and they were posted online. Schedule writer told me to ignore those hours and wait until the wall schedule came out. Wall schedule came out. I have 12 fewer hours than what was auto-generated. For fuck's sake.

By "glitch" do you mean ETL?

No one seems to know what's going on. Happened 2 weeks where my tl & hr (tl still makes sbx/cafe schedules at my store) were complaining about how difficult it was to schedule around time off requests. I didn't realize I was part of that until the schedule went up. Afterward I checked my time self service and I haven't made any requests for 2019 at all. There were hours to be had. Not as many as a couple weeks ago but a few tms in my depts have nearly 40

If it's the etl, he's denying it but I can't think of a reason they'd have to penalize the group of people that this happened to.

Yeek! I hate to see the upcoming schedule. I thought I was doing well since my first two January weeks dropped only a little, didn't realize the shoe hadn't dropped yet.

How many people that are scheduled just one 4 hour shift have target insurance? I’ll be damned if I work just for them to take most of it for insurance.

How many people that are scheduled just one 4 hour shift have target insurance? I’ll be damned if I work just for them to take most of it for insurance.
My guess would be close to zero because you need a minimum number of hours to be eligible. The only way I could see it happening is if you became eligible, enrolled in the plan, and then dropped your availability.

My guess would be close to zero because you need a minimum number of hours to be eligible. The only way I could see it happening is if you became eligible, enrolled in the plan, and then dropped your availability.
Last year tons of people with open to near open availability talked of 30 or so hours dropping to a single 4 hour shift during January.

I’m talking about those that change their availability, have insurance, and yet still get scheduled one 4 hour shift. My store doesn’t take into account who has insurance when they make a schedule. I know some do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back