Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I think you can wear studs, but no dangling earrings. The only ring that can be worn is a plain wedding band. Nothing with stones in it. I don't even think the earrings can have stones if they are allowed at all. The whole point of this is to eliminate physical hazards in food.

That's why food service approved bandages are bright blue...so you can see them in case they fall off.

Hair should be pulled back and hats or hairnets should be worn.

But all this would only be in production areas. Working out produce and culling doesn't require any special gear to my knowledge.

Ours is fairly strict: hair tied back, hats & aprons while behind the counter, no extraneous jewelry (simple bands, small hoops), gloves during food prep & handling. If an ETL sees us without any of the above, they tell our TL & we can be coached.
Our SBTL takes half the aprons home at a time & washes them every week.
Nothing more unappetizing than a green apron stiff with dried mocha sauce.

we better be worried ... i just read an article and saw a fantasy Wal-Mart here it is.........lol

WalMart_has_a_massive_plan-b4bf837b6f5fe9375afd2a3982cc882b

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wal-mart-massive-plan-terrify-200816689.html

i just like the comments on this yahoo page !!!

If it's going to compete with Whole Foods, and the stuff is actually organic, then that's good.

Granted, it won't actually organic so it won't compete because Walmart is cheap.

This will be the Walmart of the future. Super centers will exist in super high traffic areas, but there is no way regional chains charging $6lb for Oscar Meyers hotdogs can compete with $1.50 at walmart. Not to mention the WalMart Express which is a gas station pharmacy convenience store.......Walmart will simply redefine retail.

For those of you haters of WalMart...THANK GOD you don't go there because it means only two or three people waiting in line instead of five. Thank You for not going.

I love this commenter who has his head up Walmart's ass.

There's a weekly service provided by Target to wash freezer/refig jackets, jumpsuits, aprons, gloves, etc. Should be handled by your RECV TM
Every week? I'll have to ask about that. I asked my ETL and she told me to ask our PMT. They haven't been washed in months and they all smell like axe bombs went off in them.

Every week? I'll have to ask about that. I asked my ETL and she told me to ask our PMT. They haven't been washed in months and they all smell like axe bombs went off in them.

Might be every 2 weeks....TBH, it's one of those things I see my RECV TM do every now and then and remind them about getting the jackets in the ambient room. They start to smell after awhile.

Our dry cleaning guy comes in randomly. Usually right after we get fed up waiting and wash stuff ourselves. It's a six synth of his, I'm sure of it.

Dear HQ: you're terrible. Keep sending me stone fruit. The food bank appreciates it. When I scan an stone fruit, let's say plums, the on hand is incorrect. For a while, it was showing I had 20 when I had 4 or so. Not too big of a deal.

Now. Oh, if you could see it now. 35. 35 fucking cases of plums. The hell am I going to do with that? I'm not Smuckers. I can't make delicious jelly with this crap you are sending me. At least the counts are correct.

120 cases of stone fruit in a week. We sell 10-15 cases a week.

Eat it.

Also, I like the fact that bagged carrots are HQ ordered, but I always made sure the petites and fixins were always full. You fail miserably at this. I'm over here flexing the salads you send me way too much of in place of the carrots we sell the hell out of.

Perhaps I should start researching and 0ing items out before they're really 0 so I can actually get stuff to sell when I need it.

TPC that stone fruit to 10 cents and watch it fly out the door. Put all 120 boxes on a small pallet and open the top box for the guest put a 7 x 11 sign and shove that pallet right out in the main raceway near Pfresh.

My STL would go bonkers. I've TPC'd deeply, and know her/his limits. He/she flips out at 50%, no matter my reasoning. I could show her/him the ridiculous quantities, and it wouldn't be enough. He/She'd rather it sit in the back and rot than clearance it out and have "an ugly display." He/she believes we cater to a higher class, and simply throwing out pallets and random displays makes things look cheap. This is my hell.

I have TPC'd it, and am being very picky with what is out. So far, we're doing well with it. I think we'll end up with a lot of waste(donations) but it will work out. I'm just outraged at the sheer quantity. I simply cannot understand how such a number of cases can be pushed.

We had a produce team member with several facial piercings that would disappear during Steritech visits so she wouldn't have to remove anything.

120 cases of stone fruit in a week. We sell 10-15 cases a week.

TPC 20% off. Be sure to put up signing.

Stock cases on your primary checklane. Have PMT screw in a bag holder.

Load up extra casepacks on a flatbed so front lanes can repush it.

You'll be out of stonefruit in less than 48 hours.

TBH, I'd love to get some extra stone fruit, I'm fighting tooth and nail to get some in.

There's a weekly service provided by Target to wash freezer/refig jackets, jumpsuits, aprons, gloves, etc. Should be handled by your RECV TM

In the 4 years I have been in p fresh, not once has our jackets, suites, hats or gloves ever been washed. The pest guy found rat/mice droppings in the freezer suites the other day when some where on the ground.

We keep getting red grapes right now all red green black grapes are $1.49. Bargain priced. We have about 40 boxes of red grapes in the back and 2 shelves full. I have also in the past TPC bananas as low as .15 each.

We keep getting red grapes right now all red green black grapes are $1.49. Bargain priced. We have about 40 boxes of red grapes in the back and 2 shelves full. I have also in the past TPC bananas as low as .15 each.

We are the exact opposite. I have tons of green grapes TPC'd. Reds are hard to come by. Wtf is going on with distribution?!

Our SAP order keeps arriving without essential things we've ordered on it. Something is breaking, badly, on the distribution side of Target.

Our SAP order keeps arriving without essential things we've ordered on it. Something is breaking, badly, on the distribution side of Target.
Yeah, we didn't get any strawberries in today. It always happens when they're on sale.

Yeah, we didn't get any strawberries in today. It always happens when they're on sale.

We received tons of them today. 20+ organic, 30+ regular.

It's really concerning to see the differences in regions. The supply chain is horribly off. For one store not to get any, and another to get an excessive amount, improper management comes to mind.

Back