Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I've TPCed bananas to .10 each when we accidentally ordered 30 cases instead of 6. I can TPC down to 70% without much fuss from my STL. Current CTL might have fussed, but it always gets it out the door and our donation partner doesn't come enough to donate produce-so its sell it cheap and quick or not at all. Last year included .12 pears, .26 red grapefruit, .86 bags of kale and collard greens, ribs for .99/lb, and family pack pork chops for $2.

10 cents for bananas?! I'd love that.

Does anyone know if we can coupon short dated items in produce like we do in meat? Like, bagged salads, radishes, etc. I've seen other stores do it, but never seen it done at a Target. It would also help our cut fruit losses, I think.

Does anyone know if we can coupon short dated items in produce like we do in meat? Like, bagged salads, radishes, etc. I've seen other stores do it, but never seen it done at a Target. It would also help our cut fruit losses, I think.
We used to have produce, meat and bakery coupons, but only meat are used in stores in my district. Everything has to be TPCed according to best practice/store practice.

Maybe it wasn't worth it, then. I would TPC, but it's usually only say 20% of my stock, so I'd be selling non-short dated product at the discounted rate, too. That's sad. I could sell some super cheap bananas instead of wasting them =/

(We need TPC capabilities on mydevices. )

Maybe it wasn't worth it, then. I would TPC, but it's usually only say 20% of my stock, so I'd be selling non-short dated product at the discounted rate, too. That's sad. I could sell some super cheap bananas instead of wasting them =/

(We need TPC capabilities on mydevices. )
If I can't TPC an entire case of something its not worth my time. If I can discount the whole case I can tell the team TPC this one, don't push anything else until it sells through (stage it on the backstock shelf), then kill the TPC and push the new stuff. Otherwise you're discounting the wrong date/stuff.

We use those stickers on del monte cut fruit, bagged salads and mirepoix/cut onions/kabob kits.

They look nearly the same, but the fine print says it only applies to produce. I may be able to dig up a SAP code but you'll have to give me a couple of days. I don't work until Saturday.

7XnCzAR.jpg

not my dry room

I remember seeing those on SAP, but they specifiy they are for produce only and for Super Targets only. Not sure what would happen if you tried it at a PFRESH store.

I've TPCed bananas to .10 each when we accidentally ordered 30 cases instead of 6. I can TPC down to 70% without much fuss from my STL. Current CTL might have fussed, but it always gets it out the door and our donation partner doesn't come enough to donate produce-so its sell it cheap and quick or not at all. Last year included .12 pears, .26 red grapefruit, .86 bags of kale and collard greens, ribs for .99/lb, and family pack pork chops for $2.

Biggest "TPC Event" was MP turkeys. We got some insane HQ pushes, so after the Christmas turkey rush, they dropped down to something like .25cents per pound. People loved it.

Guests actually did start playing Jenga with the Coca Cola flag near the entrance the other night...The only diet coke left was part of the flag, and there were about 5 cases missing from it when I came in.

I didn't spend much time on the salesfloor when I worked in a PFresh but I don't remember there being so many pushers in use. At the super I work at now, nearly every facing for every item has a pusher which causes some crammed shelves, to the point where some things are missing a facing or the truck team throws the product in sideways. I guess what I'm asking is there a balance between a brand freezer section and one that's easy to zone?

I didn't spend much time on the salesfloor when I worked in a PFresh but I don't remember there being so many pushers in use. At the super I work at now, nearly every facing for every item has a pusher which causes some crammed shelves, to the point where some things are missing a facing or the truck team throws the product in sideways. I guess what I'm asking is there a balance between a brand freezer section and one that's easy to zone?
No. Not that I can see. We've had the pushers for everything, we currently have pushers for nothing. Both suck in their own way.

There was a playbook for last year, I think, that basically said pushers were hurting sales. So I use them in pfresh and for top and bottom shelves in freezers. Works out so far. Plano though is damned lazy and won't adjust them if they do a reset there.

Also, it doesn't help that people tend to FIFO less often when having to deal with them.

Which is funny to me because it's super easy to pull the pusher out and load from the back

But don't get me started on FIFO, it's nonexistent at my store. Every time I attempt to zone something, I pull out at least a cart of out dates. I come in after a day off and all the near-date-milk is in the back, which is crazy because we have ramps and can stock milk from the back.

It's like they go out of their way to see how much food I throw away.

Lol. I have 2 tubs for 1 day just for donation. About 12 banana boxes full of qmos plus about 40 gallons of milk. The homeless shelter eats better than me.

Back