Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

We go through 50-60 a week. I forgot we can flex cantaloupe and watermelon as well.

Does everyone have enough ground beef and steaks for both the bunker sales planner and the home locations?
I will flex the ribs there they are already there. No we do not get enough ground meat or steaks to fill the meat wall

7D7Q8nr.gif

I'm so confused and amused.

Not looking forward to going in today. Yesterday was insanely busy and they had me go work in softlines halfway through my shift and I ended up completely forgetting the order thinking it was a different day for whatever reason. I feel awful. :( I texted my TL so she can try to do an emergency order but who knows how that will end up working out.
I've forgotten to order when it was crazy busy and I was out early. Cons-not much stuff to fill the floor and lots of creative flexing had to happen which kind of made more work for everyone. Pros-we completely emptied the cooler of almost all produce and fresh meat so dates were amazing for the next month.

So long as its not a holiday weekend I wouldn't worry. A fellow PA neglected to order for one of those. Needless to say the TL was heard yelling at his "pet" through the door down a hallway in TSC. Lol.

I've forgotten to order when it was crazy busy and I was out early. Cons-not much stuff to fill the floor and lots of creative flexing had to happen which kind of made more work for everyone. Pros-we completely emptied the cooler of almost all produce and fresh meat so dates were amazing for the next month.

So long as its not a holiday weekend I wouldn't worry. A fellow PA neglected to order for one of those. Needless to say the TL was heard yelling at his "pet" through the door down a hallway in TSC. Lol.

My TL told me not to worry about it. My Coke vendor said he has lots of different fruit flavors of Fanta I can use in place of strawberries. Haha.

We ended up getting the produce they said they wouldn't be able to send. Our truck was really late, but at least we'll have produce for the weekend. :D

We ended up getting the produce they said they wouldn't be able to send. Our truck was really late, but at least we'll have produce for the weekend. :D
If you got a truck today don't you get one on Saturday ???? We got FDC truck today and get one on Saturday about 8 pallets and one on Sunday about 8 pallets.

Well these days half of Pfresh is auto ordered anyway. Even back when we forgot I had half a pallet of salad and juice.

If you got a truck today don't you get one on Saturday ???? We got FDC truck today and get one on Saturday about 8 pallets and one on Sunday about 8 pallets.
We do, but we were running low on berries and bananas and we have a visit on Sunday or Monday so it wouldn't have been the best timing to have outs if they did a surprise early visit.

Is anyone else seeing an absurd difference in on hand counts vs what's really there? This problem just came up for us. Primarily, it's occurring to stone fruit. Saying I have 20 cases of apricots when we haven't even received 20, not to mention we sell pretty much every bit we do get. It's happening to organics, too, as I had predicted.

Is anyone else seeing an absurd difference in on hand counts vs what's really there? This problem just came up for us. Primarily, it's occurring to stone fruit. Saying I have 20 cases of apricots when we haven't even received 20, not to mention we sell pretty much every bit we do get. It's happening to organics, too, as I had predicted.
I've had that problem with other produce and meats as well. Not to the extreme that you are, but I've been checking in with our market TM and I don't believe he is QMOSing wrong or anything. Not sure what is going on.

I've had that problem with other produce and meats as well. Not to the extreme that you are, but I've been checking in with our market TM and I don't believe he is QMOSing wrong or anything. Not sure what is going on.

That was actually the assumption of our STL, the QMOS thing. I went through our reports though, and some quantities simply are not possible.

That was actually the assumption of our STL, the QMOS thing. I went through our reports though, and some quantities simply are not possible.
Whenever they push food our counts get wildly off. Stone fruit season just started and they pushed four cases, so it's likely off. I'm not sure if the case count is off, the pieces per case is off, or if the moon just didn't align right...

So I close tonight on FDC truck day and the 6 TMs Pfresh truck push all work 5.5 hrs. The truck is larger than normal 1190 pieces cause we sold a lot like 35,000 over sales each day this weekend. We also have 2 freezer pallets left from Sunday's FDC truck.

Today's FDC truck is 3 freezer ( that makes 5 total from the 2 left from Sunday) , 4 dairy, 1 meat, 3 produce, 1 banana My CTL is running the truck I hope she gets a lot done I sure hope they can ask TMs to stay and work longer. I hate these cut in hours.

I am looking forward to the challenge when I get in to get the Pfresh valley fresh and full and the meat full. I will be concentrating on produce to get whatever is left done then meat and then once that is done move on to specialty milk then any dairy as time permits. Cleaning zoning what's that. You say qmos I say toss at least that's what the mydevice calls it Lol

Last edited:
Need to rant about the FDC trucks. So I work the truck 1 day a week. Why in the hell are there no lights in the trailers? I'm unloading in near darkness on ice slicked floors. Seems nuts to me. Today a pallet was tipped sideways, (straps please!) and I had to climb on top of it and hand boxes to another TM while the driver held my phone w/ the flashlight app on. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.
Never a dull moment.
Rant over :cool:

On Monday, C+S was late by 2 hours. When it arrived, our backroom TMs were on lunch, so I had to unload the truck. I found out that our meat pallet was delivered to another store by mistake. Great -- no ground turkey (or eggs), but thankfully C+S sent us a few extra boxes of ground beef the previous delivery for this week's sales, otherwise we would have no meat to flex any empty spots on the floor. :p

At least my store got all of the stone fruits (organic and non-organic). Yay!

And last week, our store has gone back to having to depackage everything again for compost -- apparently some TMs were throwing stuff into the compost bin that wasn't supposed to go in there (styrofoam, meat, eggs, aluminum foil, glass). It was fast and easy while it lasted. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Last edited:
here is an update of our larger than normal Tuesday truck, we had 13 pallets and 2 left from Sundays truck = 15 pallets. The Pfresh TM including my CTL did a Fantastic job on Tuesday, they finished
about 9 1/2 pallets of these 15 pallets, leaving ... 3 freezer pallets, 1/2 specialty milk and 2 produce pallets. I (PA) closed Tuesday night 2:30 to 11 PM, I did the 2 produce pallets and the 1/2 specialty milk plus my normal routines and still zoned Pfresh valley, G16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21... didn't get to zone G22 or the back wall G44 ice cream.

Did I mention NOOOOO Backstock, we just hired a Fantastic person to backstock everything !!

And my CTL has a small team coming in to finish the 3 Freezer pallets on Wednesday, yeah.

So we can do it all again when Thursdays FDC truck arrives.

Last edited:
We drink , and I am totally serious, 20-25 Sparkling Ice a wk between the 2 of us .
not bad, me to at 1.00 per bottle and my discount and red card and it was on cartwheel 2 weeks ago. I bought 4 bottles every day that week. the price cam down to 77 cents per bottle that week.

Please Sparkling ice come back to cartwheel. oh, and vendor please keep the shelf full we run out almost every day

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CARTWHEEL SPARKLING ICE AGSIN- I missed that. Thanks for letting me know
Also MORE YASSO BARS!!! I eat a box a day, they are my favorite food in the world besides candy and corn muffins

Back