Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Just a question for my fellow PAs. How many Market team members do you guys have besides you?
Lmao I'm in a $50 million store, where 25-30% of our volume is Market. It is me and another PA who I guess are the "Market Team Members". with some Hardlines TMs rotating between market and hardlines.

team thanks for the help with the scale, especially coolerqueen.

Either my closing PA or the mysupport fixed the problem on Wednesday. The closer switched the internet port and rebooted it and its working fine.

Mysupport ran a test and said to try the scale and it should be working.

Is Guest Service suppose to defect out perishables? Apparently there was a change a couple of months ago that they were told to defect any and not QMOS them. Is this correct??

I use toss now no more qmos Our gs always would defect out some prrshisbles and then give us stuff to qmos in the past Now I toss all.

So an update on the fresh meat issues we have been having. I mysupported this issue. I the increase OTA under food management, under instocks and under out of stocks. In the desrpition, I put every meat DCPI I could fit in this form. I told them what each capacity was and what I wanted the capacity to be to be. It took 3 separate mysupport forms but they are going to fix it or have fixed it (I havent checked in a few days). I believe it was through a revision.

we have just been flexing and filling as needed. We never wait for it to never come out on a CAF pull. Always research and make sure on hand counts are correct to get enough meat in on the next truck.
Our fresh meat has stayed constant and looking good. Just have to pull the GNP chicken and the 1lb. ground meat (Green label) they never come out on CAFs.

@Brewhaha FYI, this is my understanding of capacities and OTL:

Capacity is the amount that fits on the salesfloor. I was told all of PFresh replunishes from the backroom at 30% based on that capacity. For example, 93/7 ground beef has a capacity in the system of 20 so once 6 have sold, it will trigger a pull on the next CAF. If your capacity is wrong, say you can fit 12 but capacity is set at 40, all 12 would have to sell before a pull would happen. 40 x 30%=12. This is why incorrect capacities can negatively impact a full SF.

OTL is the level that C&S/FDC replunishes the store. (See @sigma7 's post a couple pages back)

Capacity and OTL are 2 different things, and would be MySupported individually ideally.

@Brewhaha FYI, this is my understanding of capacities and OTL:

Capacity is the amount that fits on the salesfloor. I was told all of PFresh replunishes from the backroom at 30% based on that capacity. For example, 93/7 ground beef has a capacity in the system of 20 so once 6 have sold, it will trigger a pull on the next CAF. If your capacity is wrong, say you can fit 12 but capacity is set at 40, all 12 would have to sell before a pull would happen. 40 x 30%=12. This is why incorrect capacities can negatively impact a full SF.

OTL is the level that C&S/FDC replunishes the store. (See @sigma7 's post a couple pages back)

Capacity and OTL are 2 different things, and would be MySupported individually ideally.

Got it. In the message portion of my support claims, I put what the capacity is currently and what I need the capacity to be based on what can fit on the floor. One would think the capacity of 80/20 ground beef should be 18 instead of 3.

Got it. In the message portion of my support claims, I put what the capacity is currently and what I need the capacity to be based on what can fit on the floor. One would think the capacity of 80/20 ground beef should be 18 instead of 3.
i guess they don't want you to sell a lot of 80/20 ground meat or celery, lol .
We flex and fill all day long we are the only store in my district with a successful pfresh. How can you flex outs and get capacities right.
We get 300 to 400 pieces of produce 4 times a week. My meat pallet is about 1/2 a pallet of meat 4 times a week with other produce and pizza hut stuff thrown on top of the meat.

Is Guest Service suppose to defect out perishables? Apparently there was a change a couple of months ago that they were told to defect any and not QMOS them. Is this correct??

We QMOS by default and only defect out items with chargeback privilege (see: vendor items).

Can we carry tasers as market team members? Sometimes, staring at guests who open drinks or yogurts to try them and put them back doesn't solve the problem. I don't want to be defenseless when an unruly guest pulls a knife on me because I glared at them for 'sampling' nearly a pound($6.00) of cherries. Is there anything in the rule book against us carrying tasers?

Can we carry tasers as market team members? Sometimes, staring at guests who open drinks or yogurts to try them and put them back doesn't solve the problem. I don't want to be defenseless when an unruly guest pulls a knife on me because I glared at them for 'sampling' nearly a pound($6.00) of cherries. Is there anything in the rule book against us carrying tasers?
No weapons allowed on spot property by spot tm's. No tasers allowed.

I gots room in my freezer.
And degreaser......LOTS of degreaser (good for removing bloodstains, etc).

Not looking forward to going in today. Yesterday was insanely busy and they had me go work in softlines halfway through my shift and I ended up completely forgetting the order thinking it was a different day for whatever reason. I feel awful. :( I texted my TL so she can try to do an emergency order but who knows how that will end up working out.

Today the ETL-LOG told me that he got an email that there is going to be a serious issue with banana instocks, effective immediately. He asked how much of a supply I had onhand, (enough until Sat).
A SRTL was nearby and asked:
"Can we just freeze them?"
She was serious.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is this on redwire? I ask because I looked Monday night and nothing was there?

If the bananas dont come in, be sure to order extra bagged/single apples, bagged/single oranges, plums, peaches and nectarines for flexing purposes

oh no no bananas what will we ever do... when they come in they only last about 5 days before going bad anyway.
We go through about 60 boxes of bananas a week and that is no joke !!

we can flex cantalope and watermelon everywhere

Last edited:
oh no no bananas what will we ever do... when they come in they only last about 5 days before going bad anyway.
We go through about 60 boxes of bananas a week and that is no joke !!

we can flex cantalope and watermelon everywhere

We go through 50-60 a week. I forgot we can flex cantaloupe and watermelon as well.

Does everyone have enough ground beef and steaks for both the bunker sales planner and the home locations?

Is this on redwire? I ask because I looked Monday night and nothing was there?

If the bananas dont come in, be sure to order extra bagged/single apples, bagged/single oranges, plums, peaches and nectarines for flexing purposes
He said he got an email about it. I asked him what the issue was and he shrugged and said "bad crop?".
I googled it and there is a virus that affects bananas that has been an escalating issue. I'll ask to see the email tomorrow. Sure wish we PA's had email accts :rolleyes:

7D7Q8nr.gif

Back