Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

yeap, we don't sell anything from the front bunker but lunchables ... so not sure why he took out the lunchables. Well, on Sunday later afternoon early evening it is going to ALL ribs and I will order lots of ribs
to come in on Tuesday to fill that bunker to the max, lol !!

As for Strawberries he is the same ETL who had us order a pallet of strawberries to come in the Saturday before Memorial day so we still had a few cases left of the 100 cases that came in on May 23rd.
We order about 30 to 40 cases of Strawberries 4 times a week. Right now we have crap strawberries in the bunker, but who has time to cull with the cut in hours !

I have time to cull when I open, but I wish I had time to get the cleaning done. They told me I'd get someone for a midshift on Tuesday to help out but apparently what that actually meant is they're sending me to softlines for 3 hours. :mad:

Jeez, cleaning. My ETL keeps circling the empty spots on the cleaning logs, but offers no solutions or help to get them done. Sorry then buddy, sweeping the freezer floor, cleaning the walls and celings (!) is less important than culling, keeping the floor full or helping a guest. If they're going to staff so low that I have to sacrifice some tasks, well don't give me crap about how I prioritize.

We never get our monthly or weekly cleaning done, and I suspect a portion of the daily cleaning doesn't get done, either. None of the morning or mid people fill in the daily log so the closer is left to randomly fill in people's initials. When someone called in earlier in the day and the closer doesn't know, they obviously still stick their initials in there wherever.

We never get our monthly or weekly cleaning done, and I suspect a portion of the daily cleaning doesn't get done, either. None of the morning or mid people fill in the daily log so the closer is left to randomly fill in people's initials.

The monthly cleaning is never finished at my store either. There are somethings that there is just not enough time to get to. We usually have 2-3 weekly tasks left over by the end of the week. I know that the daily cleaning is done, at least on the days that I'm there. We don't have a problem with the logs not getting filled in as much as we do with people signing off on tasks that they didn't do. I love my team dearly, but it drives me nuts when they pull that crap. I had someone sign off on cleaning the dry tables a few weeks ago, and I know they never did. There were still onion peels and potato dirt all over the place. I've learned that when I do get the time to clean, I have to be extra thorough just in case there isn't time to complete the cleaning task the next time it comes around.

Just a question for my fellow PAs. How many Market team members do you guys have besides you?
I have 3 team members. One is trying to leave pfresh for electronics. I must add that he is succeeding because he's only in market on my days off. Another is cross trained at food ave, so he has to work up there so many days a week in order to keep his pay rate. That leaves one who is strictly a "consumables" tm. We don't have a CTL either.

Ok my situation is this: I am one of two PAs and one SR CTL
I am supposed to be the second PA, but our other one walked out without a word halfway through a shift last summer. I've been the only one since then.
Honestly, what do CTLs even do? In my store when ever there is an issue tms come running to me.

We were shorthanded with both fdc trucks this Saturday and Sunday so right now there are 3 1/2 pallets of dairy left to smart huddle Monday morning. 1/2 gallon specialty milks all empty yogurt mostly empty juice mostly empty cheese low. On the bright side I won't have any expired yogurts on the shelf. It's just gonna get worse this week with the cut in hours, I'm not looking forward to this and next week. You cannot cut hours in Pfresh and survive

I am the only PA at my store. We have a CTL who is in charge of all market, pets and cosmetics (until we get a new TL). We have another team member who works p fresh 3-4 times a week (others in hard lines) and we "had" a strictly a "consumables". This strictly a "consumables" tm told he yesterday he decided he was going to up and quit (no 2 week notice) after his shift was over. This is the same team member who has either called out or NCNS at least 6 times this past 2 weeks. He tells me and my CTL he was "sick" but refused to go to a doctor because he doesnt like going to doctors. This is also the same TM who called out on an opening p fresh shift on a Saturday because his flight was delayed from Vegas (we are on the east coast). Mine you, he worked an opening shift n Thursday. But another tm told me he saw him with his wife bowling and drinking. So he lied to me then and most likely lied on why he hasnt been showing up.

So with this team member not showing up these past 2 weeks. SDA are not getting done. Culling isnt getting done. Cleaning isnt getting done. And the "be bold" process isnt getting done. I just love how no ETL (not even my own ETL) can get us any help when he wasnt here. Thank you for caring so much about p fresh.

I have been requesting for weeks for a 'solid' Market team. The other problem I have with my CTL also being a SR they are always scheduled or have to cover LOD.

Just a question for my fellow PAs. How many Market team members do you guys have besides you?
My CTL and one other person. Normally we would have two besides PA and CTL, but we trained someone, had them for a week and they weren't great at it/transferred stores soon after.

I have been requesting for weeks for a 'solid' Market team. The other problem I have with my CTL also being a SR they are always scheduled or have to cover LOD.
Yeah, my CTL is also a hardlines TL, and lately they has been working in softlines for over 2/3s of their shift because it looks so bad there. I just want some help in market, but even though they told me to ask if I need it, no one ever comes to help anyways.

our scale wouldn't recognize any dcpi's it came back PLU not found.
I turned the scale off and back on and still the same problem.
I have a mysupport open on it now.
Does anyone have any suggestions, other than put it in the freezer over night.

I seem to recall a redwire message about 3 weeks ago saying something about the scales getting an update soon. I didn't have time to read all of it but I think the PMT's are in charge of that so maybe ask yours if something is going on with that.

I seem to recall a redwire message about 3 weeks ago saying something about the scales getting an update soon. I didn't have time to read all of it but I think the PMT's are in charge of that so maybe ask yours if something is going on with that.
i know we are getting a new scale sometime near the end of summer, i think September.

I need to weight my Pork ribs, St. Louis Ribs and Market Pantry Turkey Breasts.

ok i just read that there was a spider in some grapes at Target not my store.

A Des Plaines man bought a package of grapes over the weekend and got something he did not expect.
David Alexander bought some grapes at the Target in Algonquin and then, back at his house, found a spider inside the package. Not just any spider.
“On further investigation,” he told WBBM over thephone Monday, “I looked it at closely and saw indeed it was a black widow spider.”

Read the whole story: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/06/01/grocery-customer-to-target-theres-a-spider-in-my-grapes/

ive never seen any spiders, he should be lucky we didn't charge him extra for the pet spider.

They look like the organic grapes we just started carrying, so i'll have to keep an eye on them.

Read the one about the lady. It's a common pest in grapes and bananas. Also tropical house plants...ask me how I know. Lol.

We have two full pa, one three day pa, a ctl and a couple mid shift/closers. Ctl rarely works in market. Normally more just sticking her nose in and reordering my team's tasks to get liking. They ask me all their questions anyway.

I don't sign off on cleaning I don't do..or at least get half done. Sweeping the freezer one every couple years is my fave.

Scale is a completely new unit. If it's not working try the other internet port. One of ours never worked after open-a year. Which is how it's updated for dpcis.

Ours has a few items missing as well, we just got our new scale a few weeks ago. Have a mysupport in, but still waiting like you are.

Back