Archived Red & Denim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a pic of a label strip at work today to see if my jeans from last year were still active. Someone accused me of wearing jeans we didn't have last year so I wanna be ready.

I don't feel a difference between khakis and denim when it comes to the temperature, but that probably depends on what khakis everyone has.

A girl at work bought clearance jeans and still was able to use the coupon. Plus cartwheel & TM discount. She paid 34 cents for them.

I didn't even know they did the coupon this year. Gotta love my leadership and that communication lol. I waited all year to buy jeans and then missed it because I only realized it was denim week because I have the ad for the week of the 24th. Most of target's cartwheel and what not offers that "exclude clearance" don't actually exclude clearance in the system. But she's not supposed to wear clearance jeans during denim week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know they did the coupon this year. Gotta love my leadership and that communication lol. I waited all year to buy jeans and then missed it because I only realized t was denim week because I have the add for the week of the 24th. Most of target's cartwheel and what not offers that "exclude clearance" don't actually exclude clearance in the system. But she's not supposed to wear clearance jeans during denim week.
So, to clarify, because I've seen a few different days listed, we can wear jeans starting today? I'm sorry for the repetitive question, I just don't want to show up in them if we aren't supposed to.

Last year my store didn't do this and I don't think we're doing it this year either.

Yes. Today and all week. If your store is bad at communication, you may be the only one in jeans though.

May wanna call and ask the lod though, since apparently some stores don't participate.

I've heard/seen nothing about this so I'm gonna guess we are a non-participation store.

I didn't know it was happening. Two soft lines women showed up today in denim, and ETL HR as well. I would participate but I don't have any target jeans and I'm too broke to participate lol

Can confirm. Only one in jeans today.

Lol.. I put a note up in the fitting room yesterday but no one knew about the coupon so idk if they even have target brand denim to wear... Or if enough people saw it.

I'm the only one in jeans

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally get, ASANTS, but is the general rule any denim or Target Brand denim?

The soft lines ETL at my store was harassing every TM about their jeans. Is it Target brand? Show me. (Really? Inspect our waistbands???)

Um no. I'd rather wear Khaki the rest of the week than curl down my waist band so the boss can approve of my denim all week. I'm a fully grown adult. Not a preschooler.

The rule is only active, target brands, no wrangler. But your etl shouldn't be inspecting your waistband. That sounds like they're doing way too much. They just ask me which jeans I'm wearing (not to check me, though. Because they look better than they expect target jeans to) and I tell them. That's it.

If you missed the 10 bucks off for team members, you can still get 10 bucks off for trying a pair on.

I spent $13 on a pair on break today and have been one of like 3 people to do it today lol

If you missed the 10 bucks off for team members, you can still get 10 bucks off for trying a pair on.

I spent $13 on a pair on break today and have been one of like 3 people to do it today lol

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought last year the coupon for TMs was better than the $10 off for guests. I'll look through the thread to see if that was the case.

I might actually be remembering a red magazine coupon from another year or something now that I think of it. I miss red mag.

I found out last week and I was excited to wear jeans today, but it seems like nearly everyone else, including my ETL, forgot. I think I saw four other people wearing jeans, lol. I'm pissed off though because I'm only scheduled for two days this week, so I won't get to take full advantage of the opportunity.

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought last year the coupon for TMs was better than the $10 off for guests. I'll look through the thread to see if that was the case.

I might actually be remembering a red magazine coupon from another year or something now that I think of it. I miss red mag.
I think the week before the denim event last year, it was the same coupon but it was 40% off on cartwheel, so only team members could take advantage of both. But I could be remembering incorrectly

I don't own any Target brand jeans, but I'm really tempted just to wear some other brand. Are they really going to check? I don't think it is that easy to tell the difference unless they look at the tag. Or are Target jeans super different from others, I've never actually gone to look at them.

The sign at our store today said we could wear any jeans that Target sells. But no jean capris, shorts or skirts.

I don't own any Target brand jeans, but I'm really tempted just to wear some other brand. Are they really going to check? I don't think it is that easy to tell the difference unless they look at the tag. Or are Target jeans super different from others, I've never actually gone to look at them.
Nobody checked at my store. I even asked if they need proof of purchase or something, but they didn't care. As long as they don't have holes, you should be fine.

There's a 20% cartwheel coupon for women's denim and I think 25% for men this week. I'm assuming we can use cartwheel with the $10 off coupon this week. I wasn't gonna buy jeans but I've wanted the black straight ones for a long time.

That's quoted from 2015. So not 40%, but still better than what guests were being offered @toredandkhaki

I guess that's why I remembered the discount as being more than $10 off. I was gonna buy the same jeans again this year lol. Last year I mistakenly bought the long ones and didn't realize it right away. I was wondering forever why they fit differently than the other pair I have. I will probably still buy them, but I'm just not as excited about $14 as I would've been about 11.

Our Jean wall is gonna be completely fucked haha.
I've never considered busing jeans at Target before. I hate pants because they never fit me properly but I recently got those khaki denizen capris and they fit fine. I just may have to get my hands on the blue ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back