To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the pretentious guest: You came in wearing the uber-hip uniform (Henley with leggings & riding boots), tossing your hair so much I thought you had a neck injury. After placing your order, I asked for the name on the cup. You were SO clever when you said "Oooooh, today let's make it 'Bob'."
Evidently your attention span doesn't stretch a nano second because you didn't respond when I called 'Bob' a few times so it was left sitting there until you came up looking for it.
I hope it was cold.

To the rude bitch who rattled off her needlessly complex order: I had it down on the first pass yet you insisted on repeating it slowly with your derisive head-tilt.
Afterwards, you told me how I was the ONLY one to make it JUST RIGHT as if I should've felt honored.
Spot doesn't pay me enough to care about your @!#$ drink.

Yep, it was a bad day.

To that lady who tried to return a Christmas tree that you bought TWO YEARS ago: You were lying. Nobody talked to you on the phone this morning from the guest service desk, telling you that you could return that. I was over there all day and the GSTL didn't talk to you either. Also, when you threw a fit, insisting we do the return for you and the LOD agreed, I would've just shut up and taken the gift card instead of insisting that we put it on your debit card that wasn't even the one you originally paid with. Please don't ever come back.

To that one guest: You're a loony bitch. I was talking to a guest about the red card. She already had the credit so I mentioned that we had a debit as well and blah blah blah. So this lady behind her says "YEAH, so now instead of letting people steal your credit card, now they wanna steal your checking account and pass it around like candy." so I snapped back with "ACTUALLY, the card is PIN protected and your checking account information isn't accessible from the card...it's actually SAFER than your regular debit card." But it was pointless. She'd already ruined the red card pitch for four of my cashiers since she had to yell everything she said.

Then we had a register go down and she yells "I KNEW IT!!! THEY said we'd have computer trouble today because of the sun spots." UM NO. We have computer trouble because NCR sucks a big one. Go home and readjust your aluminum foil hat.

To that lady who tried to return a Christmas tree that you bought TWO YEARS ago: You were lying. Nobody talked to you on the phone this morning from the guest service desk, telling you that you could return that. I was over there all day and the GSTL didn't talk to you either. Also, when you threw a fit, insisting we do the return for you and the LOD agreed, I would've just shut up and taken the gift card instead of insisting that we put it on your debit card that wasn't even the one you originally paid with. Please don't ever come back.

I had a guest the other day try to return some curtain rods from 2008 insisting she bought it 3 weeks ago. It was "Target Home" brand and it even had one of the old clearance stickers. It was pretty hilarious actually.

To All Those F'in Guests:

NO. You may not return that halloween costume. I will not take it. I don't give a flying sack of shit monkeys that you didn't use it. No. The "manager" did not tell you to bring it back.

NO. You may not return that haloween costume.

NO. There is no way I can take that halloween costume.

NO. I am the manager.

NO.

NO.

NO.

NO. You may not return that halloween costume. I will not take it. I don't give a flying sack of shit monkeys that you didn't use it. No. The "manager" did not tell you to bring it back.

NO. I am the manager.

NO.

NO.

NO.

Last year we were told to override it and do it. This year, since I was gsa yesterday, and no one told me anything, my GSTMs turned them down and I backed them up as necessary. Sure, I could have done it, but nope. It was on the receipt.

I told one guest over the phone that we'd let her return it, but she called beforehand, and said if we still had the costume in question what she really wanted to do was exchange it. She had a halloween party this weekend her child was going to and intended to wear the costume to, and the zipper on the costume in question broke after being worn to trick or treat in on halloween night. Not sure whether we actually had the costume when she came in as she called about 2.5 hours before I left for the day, but I'm sure the closing GSA didn't give her a fuss if she came in later in the day and said she'd spoken to me earlier in the day.

I did turn away all the other people we had attempt to return costumes though.

TTOG who always complains about getting hacked again while shopping at Target, don't shop at Target... or anywhere else for that matter. If you're so scared of your credit card information, you shouldn't be shopping anywhere that takes credit cards or debit cards. Leave me alone. Stop asking me if it's safe.. it's safe (or at least that's what the tell us to tell you).

I had a guest the other day try to return some curtain rods from 2008 insisting she bought it 3 weeks ago. It was "Target Home" brand and it even had one of the old clearance stickers. It was pretty hilarious actually.
Had a guest attempt to return strings of last yr's Christmas lights. When she insisted they were THIS yr's, I pointed out the copyright yr on the box that was LAST yr's. She looked, snapped them up & stomped off.

To the guest a few days back who was my first guest:

You're awesome. Thank you for understanding that it was my first day and I knew almost nothing. Even though we couldn't find you what you were looking for, thanks for making my first guest experience pleasant!

NO. I am the manager.

NO.

NO.

NO.

Last year we were told to override it and do it. This year, since I was gsa yesterday, and no one told me anything, my GSTMs turned them down and I backed them up as necessary. Sure, I could have done it, but nope. It was on the receipt.

If I remember correctly, my store would only do no-receipt returns for costumes last year. That way, they wouldn't get the full value back, or if it was after everything went salvage, they'd get nothing.

I'm not sure how we've been handling it this year.

If I remember correctly, my store would only do no-receipt returns for costumes last year. That way, they wouldn't get the full value back, or if it was after everything went salvage, they'd get nothing.

Went salvage = nothing?

That for costumes, or is that how your store handles all such items? We've always grabbed a PDA and checked the last selling price and offered to return it at that price.

Went salvage = nothing?

That for costumes, or is that how your store handles all such items? We've always grabbed a PDA and checked the last selling price and offered to return it at that price.

It was only for costumes. We were already "vibing" by allowing the no-receipt returns on them. The system would've denied receipt/look-up returns since they had to be returned by Halloween.

Went salvage = nothing?

Yeah, that doesn't work for holiday clearance and one spot. Because it is PLU and not actual clearance, after it salvages out, the last selling price is full price. Fine fun!

Went salvage = nothing?

It was only for costumes. We were already "vibing" by allowing the no-receipt returns on them. The system would've denied receipt/look-up returns since they had to be returned by Halloween.

I think Nauzhror was asking what you normally do for missed salvage items. Do you refuse to do the return (best practice) or give the last selling price (vibe)? Or is it only the costumes you don't do the returns for when they go salvage.

I told one of my GSTLs that I turned down costume returns this weekend because it was on the receipt and that no one told me differently, and that last year we overrode them with the override code. My GSTL said that we were not overriding it this year, it was on the receipt, and our vibe score is high enough without going around a clearly spelled out policy.

I think Nauzhror was asking what you normally do for missed salvage items. Do you refuse to do the return (best practice) or give the last selling price (vibe)? Or is it only the costumes you don't do the returns for when they go salvage.

It was only the costumes. We would only do what the POS would allow us to do without an override.

I don't spend enough time at the service desk to know what we normally do with no-receipt returns for items that have gone salvage. I would hope the returns get denied as per best practice, but we were without an ETL-GE for a while, and the ETL who covered GE in the interim is very pro-Vibe. So who knows anymore.

To guests in general at Target, do you really have to stand like 6 inches behind me and be looking over my shoulder while I'm paying for my purchase and pressing my PIN on the keypad? Manners? Anyone? Step the fuck back, mind your own business, and wait your turn. How old are you? Seriously, do you not have manners and patience? I swear the cash register lanes are too narrow and too close to each other. I don't want to be too close to strangers when I'm waiting to buy my shit in line.

It seems like this is the only time of year that I actually get to enforce a policy at GS. I kind of like doing it.

The big problem with this Vibe thing is that it means that our best service goes to our WORST guests. I hate that the nice guests who take "I'm sorry our policy is not to accept that return" for an answer get shafted where the people who whine and complain and threaten to call corporate get (sometimes literally) money thrown at them until they're "happy." We should either be overriding everything for everyone and totally ignoring policy, or we should be strictly following policy. It's like when backup cashiers refuse to turn on their lights- that just means the inconsiderate guests have a shorter line. Stupid, stupid stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back