To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: thanks for giving me the warm fuzzies yesterday/today. not because you were NICE, of course, because you weren't. you were a royal bitch. if you had been slightly less of one, I may have been nice and called over the GSTL to see if he'd approve of me matching an online-only offer for you. instead, I returned your items as you demanded to let you order them online as flexible fulfillment so you could get the offer. sure, I probably COULD have explained that FF orders can take as long as four hours to fulfill. I maybe even SHOULD have. but you were singing sarcastically to your infant son the whole time about how you had wasted an entire day and ignoring my spiel throughout the return because you were absorbed in putting through the order on your phone. it would have been rude to interrupt you, right? so on we went, Smile Smile Smile the whole time. I told my GSTL the story later when he asked why you were camping my service desk. he totally backed me up. we shared a good laugh over it. maybe I am a horrible, evil person. and I'm pretty sure you were still pissed at me when you came to pick up your order today.

but damn it felt good!

TTOG: lane light off is the international symbol for a closed lane. My light was off, the one in front of me was off (no cashier either!) and my neighbors was off. Do not whine when I politely suggest you move to a different lane. (it was past quitting time for both me and my neighbor, and we were both finishing up with our last guests. The guest walks up, too busy texting to even look to see where she was going, and complained that she was ready to leave her stuff right there when we both asked her to move to an open lane, which was a whole FOR STEPS TO HER LEFT)

TTOG: Thank you so much for letting me spend a good 7 minutes bagging your $400+ worth of purchases and letting me play Tetris trying to fit them all on the bag area rather than putting them in your cart, only to promptly take everything back out of your bags when the transaction was complete and spending 10 minutes standing next to my register comparing every hand towel and banana against your receipt. I should have pretended I didn't hear your request for bags.

To the Hot Wheels guy: Yes, we only have a handful of Hot Wheels cars in the store. Why? Because people buy them for their children. And directing profane insults at me and my co-worker is not going to make a casepack of Hot Wheels magically appear in the backroom.

To that one guest: Please don't ask me how my day is going because I KNOW you don't give a rat's ass about it.
Lord knows I don't give a crap about how you're going to be bored at some high society soiree but oh, you guess I wouldn't know anything about THAT.
Actually I do but thanks for assuming, asshat.

Lol today I was bombarded with four guests asking me questions at the same time. I'm new (hard lines) and I try my best to help the guests. I just find it frustrating that some guests have this entitlement, they are so impatience as people. They don't even try to find the product they are looking for. They just need someone else to their shopping for them. Maine are not even happy if I give them the aisle number, they want me to walk and show them exactly where the product is. Lol I guess I just need to get used to it. I just hope I get better on hard lines (like knowing where stuff is).

Lol today I was bombarded with four guests asking me questions at the same time. I'm new (hard lines) and I try my best to help the guests. I just find it frustrating that some guests have this entitlement, they are so impatience as people. They don't even try to find the product they are looking for. They just need someone else to their shopping for them. Maine are not even happy if I give them the aisle number, they want me to walk and show them exactly where the product is. Lol I guess I just need to get used to it. I just hope I get better on hard lines (like knowing where stuff is).

If you're getting crowded by needy guests, walkie for another TM to come over and help out. Believe me, you don't want to keep "those" guests waiting.

The more you're on the floor, the better you'll know the floor. When you're helping guests find things, walk with them to the department so you'll see the item and remember its location.

To the Hot Wheels guy: Yes, we only have a handful of Hot Wheels cars in the store. Why? Because people buy them for their children. And directing profane insults at me and my co-worker is not going to make a casepack of Hot Wheels magically appear in the backroom.

That's a bummer. The Hot Wheels guys that come to my store are really nice and understanding when we don't have any more in stock. They're seasoned toy collectors and know the score--when you're on the hunt, sometimes you come up empty-handed.

I had a similar situation today. While I was working PFresh freezer stuff out, three guests approached me simultaneously all asking about the location of three different types of product. The silly part is, I had seen each of those guests marching up and down Market, not in the sections that would make sense for the items they were looking for (sunscreen, flash drives, and diapers). If everyone used their brain for a minute a day, the world would be a better place.

You'll definitely get a working knowledge of where everything is in time. I'm on Flow, and and I've bowled out and worked every aisle in the store except for softlines, and I know the store like the proverbial back of my hand.

TTOG: Every store in the area is sold out of that doll. Yes, I realize there's a Cartwheel coupon for it expiring today. That's probably a contributing factor in it being sold out today. No, I can't order one for you. No, I will not check the back room again. Ya snooze ya lose.

We had a guest ask for the doll, she then started screaming at the Electronics TM saying she wanted them to check the cameras to see if he really checked for her because he wasn't in the backroom for very long and should be fired for only pretending to have checked. Fun lady.

We had a guest ask for the doll, she then started screaming at the Electronics TM saying she wanted them to check the cameras to see if he really checked for her because he wasn't in the backroom for very long and should be fired for only pretending to have checked. Fun lady.

Always remember: When "checking" the backroom for an item, spend a minimum of five minutes back there!

TTOG: I was coming back from fitting room on my way to clock out. The guest stops me and holds up a pair of womens rolled up tights. He wanted to know if they were opaque. I take them in my hand ,looking at them, and frankly my mind went blank and I said I couldn't remember what opague meant. The guest says you can't see thru it, if you could it would be sheer. I laughed and told him I thought he knew a little too much about stockings. He laughed and said well there's always the weekend. Good laugh after a long day!

TTOG I'm sorry you're so entitled to think that we have to ring you up just because you see that there's no on behind my last guest. No my lane is closed. It has been closed for the past 2 minutes. I was helping my last guest and I'm already a couple of minutes past my clock out time. I don't care.

TTOG who asked me why their card got declined, I'm sorry I don't know. It never tells us, but you also didn't have to get mad at me for your card getting declined. It's not my responsibility to keep tabs on your card. I saw you huffing and puffing and rolling your eyes at me. Please kindly f-off.

TTOG: OK. So you got away with returning garbage Keurigs and $200 airbeds with "the pretty" boss. But I'm ugly and you can GTF out of my store. Yes, I'm clearly a failure because I work at Target and you are a success because you dumpster dive to cheat Target out of $200. Yeah, right. Out. Out. Out, I said!

Can you do that at my SB counter? <3

To that one b!tch: You swept up to the counter ignoring the sign (posted after we ran out of several popular syrups) & proceeded to order nearly every.damn.one.
As you got more & more exasperated, I kept pointing to the sign until you noticed.
"Well, that's just great!" you snapped in true Leona Helmsley fashion, "Why in hell did I even BOTHER coming here?!"
I was about to offer an answer that would've gotten me termed but my TL took me by the shoulders, turned me around & sent me to the supply area for frapp base.
He said later that I'm not allowed to get fired until AFTER Q4.
I told him I couldn't promise anything.

Last edited:
What's the deal with the attitude that guests have when they ask for an item that we don't sell? I mean seriously?
Accept defeat and move on. I wanted an individual duraflame log the other night and looked at the Target I work at and no dice. Target only sells bundles. So you know what I did? I waited a couple of days and went to Wal Mart and got some rinky dink brand fire starter for like 4 dollars.

I'm just getting really tired of the servant/slave treatment. Yeah, I know it's retail and it sucks but hey just because you're a customer(yes, they are customers, not guests because I didn't invite them) does not make me your bitch or servant or slave. Treat me with some respect. I don't think you would like it if I went to your work and did you the way you did me.

I think my annoyance of that is a clear sign that I need to finally nut up and part ways with retail and Target forever... forever young.

Alrighty, so I like to check the guest survey responses, see how my department is doing. I saw one guest survey response "you need to organize your market section better so I don't have to spend 20 minutes finding everything. Remember your biggest competitor is Amazon." then she came in the next day and had the GSA do her shopping for her. And complained to our STL to boot. So, I have a list of things to say to that one guest.

1) We, at the store level, do not decide the layout of where stuff goes, I am sorry. The frozen section does not make much sense. It is not our fault.

2) Yes, our biggest competition is Amazon. However, I am 99% sure that, while I look on Amazon right now, Amy's Black Bean and Vegetable Enchilada, 9.5 oz, that costs $51.76 on Amazon, is nowhere near the low prices that Target has. I am fairly certain that for frozen foods, which was all you came here for, the prices cannot compare. Target beats Amazon for frozen food, no contest, so shut up.

3) I hope you lose those coupons that our STL gave you.

4) If you are going to have our GSA shop for you, FOLLOW HER. You are not a queen, stop standing at the front and waiting for GSA to come back. Also give a list instead of sending her item by item.

5) We won't have to deal with you much longer though, which is nice. RIP annoying guest ???? - 2014/2015

What's the deal with the attitude that guests have when they ask for an item that we don't sell? I mean seriously?
Accept defeat and move on. I wanted an individual duraflame log the other night and looked at the Target I work at and no dice. Target only sells bundles. So you know what I did? I waited a couple of days and went to Wal Mart and got some rinky dink brand fire starter for like 4 dollars.

I will say I have regular guests that when we don't carry something if I know who does they are cool. Seasonal stuff is a biggie like swimming goggles. But most people can F off. I am not a genie who can make stuff appear just for you. If I could I wouldn't be working at Target.

I'm just getting really tired of the servant/slave treatment. Yeah, I know it's retail and it sucks but hey just because you're a customer(yes, they are customers, not guests because I didn't invite them) does not make me your bitch or servant or slave. Treat me with some respect. I don't think you would like it if I went to your work and did you the way you did me.

I think my annoyance of that is a clear sign that I need to finally nut up and part ways with retail and Target forever... forever young.
I had a guest argue with me for 5 minutes the other day because he ALWAYS buys his 'GREAT VALUE IBUPROFEN' here. Even after I pulled up the WalMart site to show him that "Great Value" is THEIR store brand, he didn't believe me!:confused:

I had a guest ask for an H&B item in a size larger than we carry. Of course, we don't even have a shelf spot for the larger item but he was sure he bought it AT THIS VERY TARGET before. OK. So I take the two smaller boxes, look at the price, almost offered him the two for the same price as he paid for the larger size AT THIS VERY TARGET. Then I stopped, smiled, apologized to the guest and put the two smaller boxes under the counter. After he left the counter, the dear pharmacist said, "Um, you were about to give him the smaller boxes for that price, weren't you?" Yep, had he said AT THIS VERY TARGET one less time, I'd have done that for him. But he used just too many AT THIS VERY TARGETs with me. I have a limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back