Archived 4th quarter logistics tl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new hire tl and jusy finished training. Today I was introduced to the team at my store by another logistics tl that I was the "backup flow tl for 4th quarter". This was the first time I ever heard that. When I asked her about it, she told me that was what she was told and that after 4th quarter they were going to "figure it out".

Now I am super confused. I have not seen my stl or etl-hr yet to ask about it. Is it possible I will be set up for demotion or could I be seasonal? I am also a key holder.

It doesn't make sense to me that Target would hire a seasonal TL. I've never heard of that happening but then again ASANTS. It sounds to me that the other Logistics TL wanted to introduce you to the team while still making it clear that she was the "main" Logistics TL as to keep some sort of status. Who knows I could be wrong but that's what it sounded like to me. I would just talk to your ETL-HR or STL and let them know what was said. I'm sure they can clear that up for you.

@H2Owned has a seasonal Fulfillment TL to lead their Enhanced Ship from Store team.

It does seem odd that a TL would come on for the quarter and then be demoted or let go. More likely that they will make a lateral transfer to a different position or a store with an opening.

Yeah my flexible fulliment TL went from just a regular team member to a senior team leader just for 4th quarter. Honestly I think they only did that because we are short a senior tl and we are going to be short two ETLs... so they needed some extra help.

My theory is that my flexible fulliment tl isn't going to get demoted. I think they are just going to fire another tl depending on how she does 4th quarter.

It sounds like you're just going to be assisting for 4th quarter. Once you get settled and the crazy time is over the TLs will probably discuss any lateral movements they are going to make and get you in a position by yourself. I highly doubt they trained a new hire just to demote them.

Rather than plop you in as a brand new, sole, TL of a department, you'll be able to shadow another TL and help as backup. This is probably the absolute best situation for you and you should definitely take advantage of it.

It's not the first time I've seen this. But every TL I've seen do this has gone on to be some of the best TL's in the district.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back