95% Green set on time realistic?

Anyone else think that to be green set on time, 95% is realistic? For a low volume store that doesn't always get all the merch for sales planner, not receiving all sidecap shippers or endcaps that are full of clearance. And because of covid, we are not allowed to set on carts or towers making it even more difficult. We have to force a fake tie to be green which is kinda stupid because sometimes that can cause more work with pulls or confusion for the team. Sure we can change capacity and just untie it on Sunday or wait 24 hours, but I prefer not to fake tie. What do you guys think is a realistic % to be green? My opinion is that it should be lowered to 93%. We are green in all other areas but set on time. At least gives us yellow if we hover around 90%, kinda crazy your red for being 92%.

If you don't have merch, tie the endcap, put planogram and labels in the header, set capacity to zero. Flex out or store tie whatever is worth a “statement” use brq and seasonality.
Sure let me just flex out the massive quantity of the same shit I have on other endcaps and down the aisle too. I literally have multiple DPCIs with quantities of over 200 (with planogram capacities of 8 or less) but have many salesplanners that are less than 40% fill.

Sure let me just flex out the massive quantity of the same shit I have on other endcaps and down the aisle too. I literally have multiple DPCIs with quantities of over 200 (with planogram capacities of 8 or less) but have many salesplanners that are less than 40% fill.
There is not much you can do with 8 different varieties of canned tomato paste. Go after dpci w/60-80 in back

We've been given the ok to resume setting carts and towers now. As for the rest, we fake tie what we can't legit set. A bit tedious certainly, but now that most people understand the process we use and follow along, it has gotten easier to maintain.

Sometimes my end caps look a little spare at first, but I much prefer to set what I have as soon as I can because then when the product does come in - usually within the next 1 to 3 trucks - it already has a place to go other than the back room.
That said, I did have to fake tie a side cap on Saturday because I have 0 product for it. But it won't be a big deal to make it right once the product arrives. And I have one end cap that's still missing a couple of shippers, but most of the product is there.
If I waited until all the pieces are in hand, sometimes it'd never get set at all.

What I've done is put two half full end caps together and set something I want (aka clearance or something else) on the new space created

What section # are you tying the 2nd endcap to when your combining them?

S
If you don't have merch, tie the endcap, put planogram and labels in the header, set capacity to zero. Flex out or store tie whatever is worth a “statement” use brq and seasonality.
So about this, do you run into issues where once you tie it and change the capacity to zero it will still drop into the 1for1s for the first day or two? We're trying to avoid any unnecessary pulls.

No, changing the capacity to zero ensures the item does not pull for that location.
S

So about this, do you run into issues where once you tie it and change the capacity to zero it will still drop into the 1for1s for the first day or two? We're trying to avoid any unnecessary pulls.
It shouldn’t, but it might….. I have noticed inaccurate pulls, where an item has 1 location ,5 capacity, 3 on floor and it has me pulling 6 🤷🏻‍♂️

It shouldn’t, but it might….. I have noticed inaccurate pulls, where an item has 1 location ,5 capacity, 3 on floor and it has me pulling 6 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is it from a location that might still be considered casestock? That's the only time I have seen it pull more than it should, when the location hasn't been changed to open stock.

Is it from a location that might still be considered casestock? That's the only time I have seen it pull more than it should, when the location hasn't been changed to open stock.
Yup, so we are caseless, but a lot of our aisles haven’t been profiled to open stock..

Yup, so we are caseless, but a lot of our aisles haven’t been profiled to open stock..
It’s an easy fix. Takes just a little time depending on how many need changed but it’s something I’d fix quickly. It will make such a difference in pulling and how much you have to re-backstock.

I was a POG TL for a lower volume store for a time, I wasn't there daily because it was an adjunct assignment, but I urged them to use the system to their advantage.

Systems have changed since then, but I had the team look at inventory of every endcap/display 7 days prior - if it wasn't in stock or on the way, we mysupported it and didn't tie it.

When the DM asked why we were red, I handed him a stack of mysupports and documentation showing that we didn't have the product to support the display so why are we being punished for not setting it?

He told us to tie it anyway, I asked him to email that response to me so I could make sure those leaders were not held accountable for tying and not setting. He said no, so I emailed the RVP.

Wouldn't you know it, within 30 days - half of those planners weren't listed for their store (too low forecasted sales to send the product).

I was a POG TL for a lower volume store for a time, I wasn't there daily because it was an adjunct assignment, but I urged them to use the system to their advantage.

Systems have changed since then, but I had the team look at inventory of every endcap/display 7 days prior - if it wasn't in stock or on the way, we mysupported it and didn't tie it.

When the DM asked why we were red, I handed him a stack of mysupports and documentation showing that we didn't have the product to support the display so why are we being punished for not setting it?

He told us to tie it anyway, I asked him to email that response to me so I could make sure those leaders were not held accountable for tying and not setting. He said no, so I emailed the RVP.

Wouldn't you know it, within 30 days - half of those planners weren't listed for their store (too low forecasted sales to send the product).

Huge kudos to you for pushing back on it and not giving up! I wish more leaders were willing to do so. Would increase efficiencies for a lot things.

Back