Archived Accidentally clocked out 25 minutes early...what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working at Target for about 3 weeks now. Today an ETL told me how impressed she was with my work and that I'm going to be trained for visual merchandising next week from 11 to 7. This must have messed with my mind because I accidentally clocked out at 7:05 instead of 7:30 (was scheduled for 11-7:30 today).

It's really bad, because I was a cashier today. I left my little time schedule in my car during my lunch break, so I didn't have an immediate reference for time. I'm pretty sure the managers will see that I clocked out early, so I dont know what to do. I feel like I should bring it up, but I don't know. (To the HR ETL maybe?) Should I call tomorrow and ask if I could come in a half hour early to make up for it? I'm working tomorrow so I really need to figure out what I'm gunna do now. PLEASE HELP. I really don't want to lose this job :/

Last edited:
Just do a punch correction! :) You can use the kiosks in clerical or a MyDevice.

Just do a punch correction! :) You can use the kiosks in clerical or a MyDevice.
I honestly have no clue what that means :/ But even if I can fix it, shouldn't I tell a manager? I've only been there for three weeks and I really want to keep the job, but I feel like they might punish me for this. I tried to look for the GSTL before I left, but I couldn't find her, so I just left 25 minutes early without telling anyone. It was a dumb mistake, kinda freaking out about it.

Umm, what? No.

OP, just bring it up with HR or your TL. Just explain the mistake. It happens
It wasn't specified in the post whether or not they left early, but I wrote that assuming they hadn't left early, but clocked out accidentally. Sorry, i was wrong.

Umm, what? No.

Do you think they will punish me for this? Especially since I've been there for such a short amount of time?
Umm, what? No.

Hopefully they take it well, I'm super worried about it. I hope it doesn't make them think less of me, especially since I've only been a member for around three weeks.

It wasn't specified in the post whether or not they left early, but I wrote that assuming they hadn't left early, but clocked out accidentally. Sorry, i was wrong.
Oh, my bad. I literally clocked out and left the building.

You're worrying too much. If your superiors have mentioned how good of a worker you are, you're definitely worrying too much. people make mistakes, and you obviously want to make it up, so just approach your TL or hr explaining the situation and all will be ok. Nothing to lose sleep over!

I don't think so, it's an honest mistake. Don't worry. I worried too alot during my 90 days and they kept me on. Just be upfront about it, they will appreciate it. There's a lot worse you could be doing but if you go to them and let them know hey oops thought I got off at 7 and it was 730 they will most likely tell you just to be careful from now on.

But won't this go against me when they review me? Isn't there some kind of 90 day period?
I'd hope to speak for all GSTLs when I say, you're fine. Don't worry about it, honest mistakes happen! :) especially when people are new and still getting used to keeping track of their schedule in a new environment. Attendance is an important part of your 90 day review yes, but the only way this would become a serious concern is if you were having other performance issues or if the attendance problems turn into a pattern.

I'm sure you will be alright since its your first mistake and 26 minuities is no big deal. I clocked out early once a while by mistake and no one method about it. Unless you are repeat late or clock out early then it's different story. I remember I was NCNS and few showed up late for work first 90 days because I work at primary job. Today I'm still work for Target 15 years.

I was told that is job abandonment.

Lol.

Don't sweat it we all makes mistakes.

If a pattern develops of you leaving early, it can definitely be used against you. Otherwise, mistakes are mistakes. Let your TL know what happened and they'll probably understand.

If anything, you saved them 25 minutes of payroll.
Seriously, just explain your mistake to your GSTL/GSA or HR when you come in for your next shift.
Apologize, promise you won't do it again & keep your schedule on you.

If anything, you saved them 25 minutes of payroll.

xZjsxHn.gif

I did that once. Clocked out and left an hour early. Caught it 2 minutes down the road. Turned around and came back. My gstl just told me to go ahead and clock back in and I left at the proper time. Actually, my gstl hadn't even noticed that I had clocked out early.

Once I punched out 15 minutes early. Didn't even realize it til I got home, looked at my schedule, and realized that I arrived home at the time I was supposed to be clocking out. No one ever mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back