Ad Setting Questions

I’ve been doing the weekly ad setting on Sunday mornings for the past couple of weeks. I never had a leader show me how to do it other than follow another TM who was new himself. So basically, I’m doing it by the seat of my pants... I’m sure I’m making mistakes!
So hear are some questions:
1. How long should an average set up take?Lately we’ve only had an hour to complete before the store opens. That seems impossible to me as I had to donor only my section but another section so I was still doing this a good hour after the store opened.
2. Are we supposed to put up all of the 7x11 signs? How many per aisle? I had lots left over.
3. What about when the sticker for the ad doesn’t match up with what’s on the shelf? What about duplicate stickers? Do I throw them away?
Any pro tips to get fast at this task?
Thanks in advance for being my “trainers”. I’m kind of OCD about doing procedures correctly. That’s why I reach out to you guys!😀

Doing ad is a good thing. You should have time to the whole thing, spot is disconnected on it right now.
If your ad prep person does it correctly, then issues are minor.
There is a Pog number at the bottom of ad slip,if it matches you are good. If not, the Pog is not set yet. Look around for flexed endcaps too.

I’ve been doing the weekly ad setting on Sunday mornings for the past couple of weeks. I never had a leader show me how to do it other than follow another TM who was new himself. So basically, I’m doing it by the seat of my pants... I’m sure I’m making mistakes!
So hear are some questions:
1. How long should an average set up take?Lately we’ve only had an hour to complete before the store opens. That seems impossible to me as I had to donor only my section but another section so I was still doing this a good hour after the store opened.
2. Are we supposed to put up all of the 7x11 signs? How many per aisle? I had lots left over.
3. What about when the sticker for the ad doesn’t match up with what’s on the shelf? What about duplicate stickers? Do I throw them away?
Any pro tips to get fast at this task?
Thanks in advance for being my “trainers”. I’m kind of OCD about doing procedures correctly. That’s why I reach out to you guys!😀
For the whole store ? 2 hours top . 7x11 should be put on every 4 foot section.

Depends how many tm you have and how big your store is, but generally 2-2 1/2 hours. If you do a detailed endcap audit afterwards, I'd add another 30 mins.

Yes. This is why they dismantled teams with years of experience because it’s not that critical and new tms will figure it out in a 4 hour shift 2 days a week. I’m snarking corporate not tms.

Remember the days of putting signs into sleeves and typing 10+ pages of sign numbers just to clear a report??
I tore the signs a few Sunday mornings because nobody prepped it beforehand. Fun times. I did arrive after the PDAs were being used to scan up the ad, so no typing for me.

Put the signs at eye level, attached to the shelf the product is on, not above it (some people at my store really did that).

Doing ad is a good thing. You should have time to the whole thing, spot is disconnected on it right now.
If your ad prep person does it correctly, then issues are minor.
There is a Pog number at the bottom of ad slip,if it matches you are good. If not, the Pog is not set yet. Look around for flexed endcaps too.
So if the POG isn’t set do I alert a TM or what? I don’t want to “throw someone under the bus”, but I was working a neighboring department and grew increasingly frustrated as the pogs either weren’t in numerical order, missing or non-existent. What was supposed to have been an end-cap of Tumms was something completely different. Time was a-wasting as I was trying to determine wtf where things were so I could set them. If this was an opportunity who would have been the one to be coached... me, or the crew who regularly take care of said department?
Meanwhile, all I could see were the carts of 141’s for my own department that were waiting to get pushed, not to mention the truck and repacks.

I hope I’m using the correct terminology, not sure if “Ad-setting” is correct. Anyway, I’m just a lowly TM who is given a set of stickers with the current offerings for the week for a department and sent off to do that task.

Back