Archived Any idea when will all stores(Flow Team) go back to its normal shift? (4AM)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know ASANTS , but this idea of coming earlier came from HQ, so this is why ask I'm so drained with these horrible overnight shifts, they suck ass. I can't sleep so early. Ever since November first we've been coming at 2AM instead of 4AM. I HATE IT SO MUCH WITH A PASSION! 6 days in a row it's a killer, and worst of all is that sometimes we come even earlier! like at 12AM ; for example, on Thanksgiving week, and next week after that we had to start at 12AM, it's so fucking horrible! And again starting Wednesday again at 12AM :(. I asked my ETL he told me he didn't know, of course I don't believe him sometimes he's just mean.

Depends on how fast your sales drop off after Christmas. Most definitely in January.

If your store is normally a 4am store (remember not all stores are some still do the 10 pm thank god) it should be the 26th. There are 3 stores in my district that are normally 4am and are 10pm now but they were told it was only till xmas eve

I'm not overnight so I may be talking out my ass, but I think overnight should come in at 11PM or 12AM (They use to for about a year at our store). Reduce or eliminate overlap with dayside.

And again, I don't actually work overnight so I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I think I'd rather go to work at 12 than 4. If I leave work and go to bed relatively soon, at least I'd have evening freetime instead of late night freetime. Plus, I can fall asleep easier late morning than early afternoon.

It could be worse. You could be a unlucky BRTM who comes in at 9pm and stays until 8am - or later.

I'm not overnight so I may be talking out my ass, but I think overnight should come in at 11PM or 12AM (They use to for about a year at our store). Reduce or eliminate overlap with dayside.

And again, I don't actually work overnight so I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I think I'd rather go to work at 12 than 4. If I leave work and go to bed relatively soon, at least I'd have evening freetime instead of late night freetime. Plus, I can fall asleep easier late morning than early afternoon.
That overlap is there so they don't have to schedule as many sftms in the morning. same with CA. they just make flow grab carts

That overlap is there so they don't have to schedule as many sftms in the morning. same with CA. they just make flow grab carts

Interesting...

Seem kinda dumb considering overnight are the highest payed non-TLs. And they don't seem to need any/many SFTMs in the morning anyway. I don't open much anymore, but I use to see ETLs, other TLs, plano, signing and instocks everywhere. And the store didn't really start to get busy til about 11, and by then the CAF pusher is here.

I don't like the overlap, cuz we get in each others' ways and instocks scans areas flow hasn't finished and we get pointless backstock. Plus, our store (like most) has a PDA cap. If I come in when overnight is still there, I have to hunt one down which just feels fucking weird (I'm at Target, a multimillion dollar corporation, hunting for equipment...).

Last edited:
In my store it's either the 3rd or the 10th. I don't think I'll last much longer. Our last double is the 23rd. We are normally a 6am start, use to be 4. We are comping right now at 10.5%. I am paranoid, that at end of fiscal year, February I think, we will be a 4am start again.

Our store starts at 11pm (Backroom typically 10:30) and we keep going until 8. We're typically cleaned up and out by 8-8:30pm.

We already return to 4am last around two weeks ago due to flow team members whine about come in midnight.

We will be 4am through at least the rest of the year, because even if there are no trucks or smaller trucks, there will be tons of other stuff to catch up on.

I really wish they would just do straight overnight, 10pm-?? year-round. I'd have no problem going to bed at 7am and sleeping until early afternoon, then having the afternoon and evening to myself or to work my other job.

My TL keeps giving me these bullshit 4am and 5am shifts and I'm sick of trying to fall asleep at 6 or 7pm. Half the time I end up passing out right after work and wake up refreshed...but in the middle of the night, when everything's closed and my friends are all sleeping.

My store is overnight year round. Benefits of a fairly high volume store, I suppose.

My store is overnight year round. Benefits of a fairly high volume store, I suppose.

Same here, but even our overnight team has been starting an hour earlier due to huge autofills and 3 doubles per week. I would imagine doubles will end and they'll go back to their regular unload time after Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back