Archived Approached

Status
Not open for further replies.
approached by my tl about if I had any interest in becoming a team lead. The etl of that work centre has his eyes on me and he hasn't approached me about it yet. I'm interested but don't want to be taken advantage of because of my work ethic. Any advise?

Go for it. Better to get paid for your work ethic than undervalued. If you are already getting worked hard it shouldn't be much harder.

I know at my store I would not turn down an offer unless I planned on leaving soon. They've made it pretty clear that saying no when they offer a promotion/move/development op is getting you put on the bottom of the list for the next opportunity you want.

Honestly if you want more take it. For how much heat people give target....it is a great place to work that gives you opportunities if you make the opportunity yourself.

If it's an area in which you would like to work, go for it! Just don't let them dangle the carrot in front of you. Don't let them have you do the TL work without the pay. Target tends to want TMs to audition for a position by doing the job for a few weeks. Baloney! They can't do that with an external hire, so why do that to a coworker who they have had plenty of time to observe before they even asked about moving to TL.

I wouldn't worry about the peers respecting you aspect. It'll take a few weeks, but in my case it actually worked out better. We already had the initial bond we formed when we worked together, they knew my work ethic, and they knew I would do anything for them. Just keep your head up and give it a bit.

Regarding the pay, it obviously depends on work center and location, but my jump from TM to Logistics and instocks TL was a $5 an hour pay raise, then from TL to Sr TL it was an additional $4. It's more then most people think lol.

Fortunately I gained respect of my former team. I honestly hate the lack of integrity my Plano team member have. They get more pleasure out of seeing you struggle

Fortunately I gained respect of my former team. I honestly hate the lack of integrity my Plano team member have. They get more pleasure out of seeing you struggle
Patience, tolerance, & listening are good sign for leadership. It will do wonders for your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back