Archived Backroom TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the dayside backroom TL position ACTUALLY entail? I know what it says on paper. Thanks.

At my A+ volume store, the dayside backroom TL also oversees instocks. Aside from doing the audits, running reports, and team leader stuff, she spends a lot of her time working alongside her teams - pulling CAFs, research, and POGs, backstocking, working flexible fulfillment orders, and even helping the instocks team scan on one of the research days.

At my A+ volume store, the dayside backroom TL also oversees instocks. Aside from doing the audits, running reports, and team leader stuff, she spends a lot of her time working alongside her teams - pulling CAFs, research, and POGs, backstocking, working flexible fulfillment orders, and even helping the instocks team scan on one of the research days.

If your interested in back room get really familiar with back room location accuracy. Not many new TLs know how to make strong impacts and don't understand it thoroughly. But if you dig in and get your store above 98.5 and maintain a clean back room while meeting payroll you will walk on water. BRLA is one of the 7 key operational metrics the logistics ETL is graded on and by far the hardest one to control. Combine that with MIR's and you have your back room score.

If your interested in back room get really familiar with back room location accuracy. Not many new TLs know how to make strong impacts and don't understand it thoroughly. But if you dig in and get your store above 98.5 and maintain a clean back room while meeting payroll you will walk on water. BRLA is one of the 7 key operational metrics the logistics ETL is graded on and by far the hardest one to control. Combine that with MIR's and you have your back room score.
BRLA is actually pretty easy. MIR's thats another story. Get tired of them asking for books we never received over and over and over again. Because the damn books are dcode I can't change the count and they ask for it again in the next weeks MIR. When the entire district is red on the same f'ing MIR Target needs to get its shit together. LOL.
BRLA is all about making it easy for your team to backstock by purging excess salesplanner stuff to endcaps and trend runs. Staging the new salesplanners on pallets sorted by pog number so they don't clog up your aisles making it harder for your team to backstock. Most TM's don't strive to backstock messy by putting boxes in front of other boxes or putting 5 dpci's into one waco but when they can't find any space even the best TM will cut corners leading your BRLA to nose dive.
My DTL still gives me crap about being over 300 errors. I had one week at 319 with a 98.8% and he still said, "you got some work to do what's the action plan" o_O

Because the damn books are dcode I can't change the count and they ask for it again in the next weeks MIR
You should be able to update counts on dcode. If not now, then on a mydevice update very soon.

Because the damn books are dcode I can't change the count and they ask for it again in the next weeks MIR.

You should be able to update counts on dcode. If not now, then on a mydevice update very soon.

We've had the same problem at my store. When items first hit dcode, we can still adjust the OH, but after a certain point, they can't be updated anymore. Last time I did a 4x4, I found items that were discontinued with an OH count of 0, but I couldn't update the counts to tell the system we still had the items in stock.

We've had the same problem at my store. When items first hit dcode, we can still adjust the OH, but after a certain point, they can't be updated anymore. Last time I did a 4x4, I found items that were discontinued with an OH count of 0, but I couldn't update the counts to tell the system we still had the items in stock.
When I said that earlier, it was based off something said by someone from corporate during a visit. I read over the Fall 2015 Replenishment Simplification the other day and it is mentioned in there as well that we can now update counts on dcode and NOP items.

I haven't checked because that of course requires hunting down a mydevice... But it should be in effect by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back