Archived Called In - MySchedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyattarget

SFS/OPU Master
So, I was called in to work tomorrow. Last time I tried to clock in and I wasn't in the my schedule, the time clock rejected my punch. This will be my third shift, not counting orientation, and it's not showing up on target.com/viewschedule. When I go in tomorrow, do I tell a leader first or just clock in? I just don't want to wait to clock in at the time, then have the time clock reject it then wait for a LOD.

You can either call an TL or ETL to clock you in when you arrive or you can clock in using the 'end meal' punch to record your start time. You can then later fix the punch (change it to 'start work') in eHR or you HRTM will fix it for you.
Just get there early & ask the HRTM or ETL what they prefer you to do when the time comes.

You can either call an TL or ETL to clock you in when you arrive or you can clock in using the 'end meal' punch to record your start time. You can then later fix the punch (change it to 'start work') in eHR or you HRTM will fix it for you.
Just get there early & ask the HRTM or ETL what they prefer you to do when the time comes.

Thanks... that's what I was thinking -- getting there early and asking a HRTM or someone in leadership.

Just a question, when you get called in, do they update the schedule online or is that rare? Or is that an ASANTS thing?

You have an training schedule given to you by hr. You may not be in the pay system yet. Ck in with lod or he.
  1. All Stores Are Not The Same (A.S.A.N.T.S)

Last edited:
You have an training schedule given to you by hr. You may not be in the pay system yet. City in with lod or he.
  1. All Stores Are Not The Same (A.S.A.N.T.S)

They finally put me in... but my first shift, outside of orientation, the time clock rejected me. It said I wasn't scheduled to work. So I really hope a HRTM is there when I come in and tell them. At orientation, the HR-ETL said 3 punch corrections in a month is a write-up. I really don't want that when it's not my fault.

They finally put me in... but my first shift, outside of orientation, the time clock rejected me. It said I wasn't scheduled to work. So I really hope a HRTM is there when I come in and tell them. At orientation, the HR-ETL said 3 punch corrections in a month is a write-up. I really don't want that when it's not my fault.

They may have forgotten to key in your shifts after you were added to the system. Just call the LOD so they can override your punch.

If you frig up three times a month just clocking in...

Need I say moar???

So, I showed up early... talked to the HR TM and she was like... oh, they called you in?! clueless. She was like okay, I'll put you into the system before you clock in so it won't reject you. I wait a minute, I clock in at the time, it rejects me. I tell her and she's dumbfounded and tells me to press the LOD button. The LOD takes her sweet to come and when she finally does, the first time clock rejects her code but she doesn't realize this because she's more concerned about the sign-up list for the talent show being on the wrong place. So she asks me to do it on the other time clock and it finally takes her code and I clock in 5 minutes after I was suppose to have come in. Honestly, I hope I don't get in trouble for this. This is the second time I didn't clock in on time because of the time clock rejecting my punch and the LOD taking forever to come and because I wasn't in the "system".

On a good note, the LOD was happy that I brought to his (TL, the ETL stopped being LOD for the remainder of my shift) attention on one of the lamps that I was doing a CAF since it came up $0 on mydevice. He said most newbies would've just left it alone and put it on the shelf (there were 4) and they would've had to honor the $0 price.

On a good note, the LOD was happy that I brought to his (TL, the ETL stopped being LOD for the remainder of my shift) attention on one of the lamps that I was doing a CAF since it came up $0 on mydevice. He said most newbies would've just left it alone and put it on the shelf (there were 4) and they would've had to honor the $0 price.

Lol nobody gets a free lamp. The reason it showed as $0.00 is because it was Missed Salvage. When items still haven't sold at the highest level of clearance (70%), they're processed as Salvage and sent out of the store. Units that are still in the store after their DPCI becomes Salvage are called Missed Salvage. If the lamp had been sold to a guest, it likely would've been sold at the last selling price, which in this case would be 70% off the original price.

How a Missed Salvage lamp ended up on a CAF is beyond me, but good job catching that. Next time you find an item with a $0.00 price when working the floor, bring it to Guest Service so they can process it.

When items still haven't sold at the highest level of clearance (70%), they're processed as Salvage and sent out of the store.

What happens to it, then?
drinkbeer.gif

Lol nobody gets a free lamp. The reason it showed as $0.00 is because it was Missed Salvage. When items still haven't sold at the highest level of clearance (70%), they're processed as Salvage and sent out of the store. Units that are still in the store after their DPCI becomes Salvage are called Missed Salvage. If the lamp had been sold to a guest, it likely would've been sold at the last selling price, which in this case would be 70% off the original price.

How a Missed Salvage lamp ended up on a CAF is beyond me, but good job catching that. Next time you find an item with a $0.00 price when working the floor, bring it to Guest Service so they can process it.

Yeah.. I was sort of thinking that. One of my co-workers was saying that even though the price scanner and MyDevice was showing up at $0, the register wouldn't show up as that but I should tell the LOD anyway. The price tag at the bottom didn't have a price either, so he thought it was weird. But yeah, I called the LOD and he got on it right away and was saying something my support or something. And I was like (in my head) dude, this is my third shift - you guys trained me for 4 hours on the floor and 3 on cashier and this is my first non-training shift.

But yeah, it was the weirdest lamp. I basically had to build it; it came in pieces and I even had to screw in the light bulb. Lol.

Yeah.. I was sort of thinking that. One of my co-workers was saying that even though the price scanner and MyDevice was showing up at $0, the register wouldn't show up as that but I should tell the LOD anyway. The price tag at the bottom didn't have a price either, so he thought it was weird. But yeah, I called the LOD and he got on it right away and was saying something my support or something. And I was like (in my head) dude, this is my third shift - you guys trained me for 4 hours on the floor and 3 on cashier and this is my first non-training shift.

But yeah, it was the weirdest lamp. I basically had to build it; it came in pieces and I even had to screw in the light bulb. Lol.

Sounds like it wasn't Missed Salvage and was just a pricing error. The LOD was probably reporting it to HQ (via MySupport) so they could fix it, as that's all handled above the store level.

It could be a display dcpi on the product or something that is not carried at your store. Using target.com or guest service iPad to correctly id the product & ask them do a new UPC code for it. They will check it for missed salvage too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back