Archived Cart Attendant on the register

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm a bit confused and now I'm really considering approaching someone about this however, I'm not sure who to go to. I came in as a seasonal card attendant the week before Thanksgiving and was given 3 days of Cart Attendant training and 1 day of Cashier training. Ever since then I've worked as a cart attendant 2 days by myself without a trainer looking over me. After Black Friday I've been assigned as a Cashier for the whole month of December (checked my schedule up until the 27th of December.) I'm just not 100% sure why I would receive 3 days of Cart Attendant training and 1 day of Cashier training then get put on the register.

They need cashiers more than they need a CA, simple enough.
Make sure you make it clear you are going to need a little more training to get up to speed.

Make sure you make it clear you are going to need a little more training to get up to speed.

I know there's a red card thread, however I just wanted to ask if they would look at me for a permanent position and if it gives me less of a chance to aquire it based on how many redcards I signed up. Every 2-3 hours a supervisor would pass by and ask how many redcards I got people to sign up and most of the time I say 0. And they keep telling me to sign up at least 3-4 people before my shift ends. The majority of people I've dealt with either have a card or don't want a card. I've literally signed up one person and I don't know if it reflects poorly on me as a cart attendant on the cash register.

I know there's a red card thread, however I just wanted to ask if they would look at me for a permanent position and if it gives me less of a chance to aquire it based on how many redcards I signed up. Every 2-3 hours a supervisor would pass by and ask how many redcards I got people to sign up and most of the time I say 0. And they keep telling me to sign up at least 3-4 people before my shift ends. The majority of people I've dealt with either have a card or don't want a card. I've literally signed up one person and I don't know if it reflects poorly on me as a cart attendant on the cash register.

Read the thread and see if there is a method that might work for you in terms of selling the card to people.
You haven't been on the register for long so they aren't expecting that much of you yet.
Just keep asking and hone your skills.

At my store Cart Attendants regularly assist with backup cashiering, and one is even Guest Service-trained. They also get scheduled full shifts as cashiers every now and then. This is expected and yes, you are to be pitching REDcards when you're on a register.

Take it in now, because if you plan on staying after seasonal the best way is to have more than 1 skill set for the store to make use of. When I got on backup which is kind of rare because our softlines girls enjoy it so much I tend to throw out the "you'll never pay full price again" and people jump on it... it's like bait... try it sometime lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back