Archived Changing my availability due to final weeks at school and seasonal extra work help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a flow team member. I work most days except Tuesday and Saturday due to school. I work from 4am - 9.45am or 10am usually. Normally after work I go to school right away, but now I'm starting final projects, tests , presentations and lots more. I'm required to be earlier now at school because I have group team work and everybody in class prepares their projects before class.

How should I go with this one? Do I just change my availability through EHR Kiosk or talk directly with my ETL? I'm kinda afraid they may say no or get mad because now there's lot of work at my store and sometimes I have been asked if I could stay until 12:30. and I've had to say no because of school. Help

Talk to your ETL ASAP.
If you attempt an avail change at this stage, it will almost surely be denied because of Q4 demands.
If you let your leadership know that this is only until finals/projects are complete, they may be willing to work with you.
It used to be that spot made academic accommodations but now it depends on your store.

School was the best excuse for an availability change at my store. Talk directly to your ETL, if not, go to ETL-HR. You should at least get a temporary availability change. Most have been there and know juggling a job and school is tough and we all would choose school over work if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back