Archived Chip and Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatcashierdude

Former Service Desk Ninja
So...wasn't this supposed to start working about now? Anyone know if they've finally fixed our readers to take chip cards or are they delaying it?
139877590244614059966701_0b24bdb079_b-734x528.jpg

I haven't heard anything about it yet, but there could be a POS update later in the year that includes chip and PIN functionality.

It will definitely happen by October when fraud liability shifts to retailers if they don't have the technology in place by then.

There are four registers at my store (all express that only get used on BF, thankfully) that crash if anyone tries to enter their TM number. As such, those are like the designated price inquiry and merch locate registers, you can see the little 1/4" strip of paper chains from all the PI/Merch Locate's people do. That is, if merch locate doesn't crash the registers in the first place.

I also believe our registers were updated to accept the chips, but the slot is covered up on all the card readers.

Not long after I started, a register crashed when I tried to pay with cash for a snack on my break...Had to wait 30 mins for it to reboot and the GSTL to call me up to get my change. She joked that it was a sign that I should get a RedCard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back