Archived Comp Shop Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been recently promoted to this duty..have been doing it a little over two mouths now. ..and the first thing I can say is...I'm bored out of my god damn mind...I usually achieved 130 to 150 items a day if not more but I feel so bored..no challenge. .no one on one contact.

Pros: get to wear normal cloths, feel free , not herassed about red cards or the horrible guest we get.

Cons: bored, to much time. Machine is frustrating. .people run into me and hit me with their carts constantly...people become angry when I tell them I'm not an employee. ..I feel like time drags on.
I originally wanted the GSA postion...but I'm to blunt n honest...so I'm not a "favorite"...
Any advice? Horror stories...info?

So I've been recently promoted to this duty..have been doing it a little over two mouths now. ..and the first thing I can say is...I'm bored out of my god damn mind...I usually achieved 130 to 150 items a day if not more but I feel so bored..no challenge. .no one on one contact.

Pros: get to wear normal cloths, feel free , not herassed about red cards or the horrible guest we get.

Cons: bored, to much time. Machine is frustrating. .people run into me and hit me with their carts constantly...people become angry when I tell them I'm not an employee. ..I feel like time drags on.
I originally wanted the GSA postion...but I'm to blunt n honest...so I'm not a "favorite"...
Any advice? Horror stories...info?

Well, it's not rocket science but it can be a decent gig. I make my own schedule and I'm pretty much left alone by WM employees and customers. I'll admit by the beginning of October every I really start dreading every time I walk in there but I manage.

Check out the other threads on comp shopping. Grab a cart, bring a coffee, soda, or water with you and pop in your earbuds. I go at different times to avoid crowds, zoning etc. Sometimes I'll put random items in my cart to walk around with just for fun, especially if I seem to be on a new employee's radar. (Make sure to put them back before you leave. )

You'll get into a rhythm. It doesn't totally suck.

I like comp shop. I try and make a game of it- I try to keep a pace of 100 items an hour. It's easy for the first two hours, but not so easy after I've picked all the "low-hanging fruit"

I'm training another TM to do it while I'm in the hospital. I hope they don't start giving her my comp shop hours permanently. :/

Yeah, it's definitely not rocket science but for me it's an easy 10-12 hrs per week.
I don't have to be at the store pushing those stupid red cards at people who are very tired of hearing the spiel.
I put items in my cart and *gasp* sometimes buy stuff there. Hey, Target doesn't carry everything, ya know? lol
I really don't mind comp shop at all. Once you get a feel for what they carry all the time you'll be less frustrated in trying to find the items. Some things I just KNOW by now that they don't carry. Most of the time it's the same items over and over and over. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back