Archived Dayside BR closers, how long does it take you to set the line on an average day?

Dayside BR closers, how long does it take you to set the line on an average day?

• 15 min

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 30 min

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 45 min

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 60 min

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 60 min plus

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crumbdumb

Living the American Dream
Time includes clearing *and* pallet setting.

If none of the choices apply, pick approximate time.

(ignore this poll if you don't have to set the line)
(also ignore if someone helps you)

Last edited:
I hate closing shifts, and one of the reasons is because you have to set the line. My backroom is small, so I just throw stuff where it fits. Setting the line for me takes about an hour on average, but I think I'm pretty slow with it.

Over an hour if they even make us set it. Covers almost the entire electronics back wall. It's ridiculous.

I work on it between cafs ff and bs. I like to have most of it cleared and swept out before I really start setting it. It's always full on both sides with bs. I like to pop as much as possible up and work on the stuff that's easy to bs with the wave or down the aisles.

I work on it between cafs ff and bs. I like to have most of it cleared and swept out before I really start setting it. It's always full on both sides with bs. I like to pop as much as possible up and work on the stuff that's easy to bs with the wave or down the aisles.

That's a great way to do it and I'd probably do it that way if certain ETLs didn't breath down my neck about pushing the line all day; I really have no choice but to do it the 30-45 min or so before I leave. :(

Over an hour, regardless who does it in my back room. We take at least one truck every night of the week, so it has to be set every single night. Usually I would start setting the line early in my shift to get it out of the way, but since we started doing 6pm CAFs, I'll be lucky to have half the line cleared out by 7pm.

I'm surprised to see so many people say it takes them over an hour. I'm no BR Jedi, but if I go steady, but not in *holy crap, gotta finish* mode, I average around 45 min. If I'm rushing, I can do 30. But hey, not all stores are the same...

Why can't a flow team minion set it in the morning? Have that person come in an hour earlier than the rest of flow team. Problem solved.

I used to set the line in the "old days" but not anymore. Just don't have the time and no one really cares if I do it so I don't worry about it. Pulling FF and price change are far more important than cleaning up the messes of vendors and the receiving bubba.

I've been saying for years they should have *2* overnighters come in a half hour early and they could probably set the line together in less than 15 mins. I've set the line with another person helping a handful of times and each time we finished in a blink.

Depending on the line, if:

Pulls and empty pallets : 30 minutes
In addition to above, trash, POGs, randomness: 45 minutes+

This holiday season, takes up more time.

First group of O/N people come in at 9pm, takes them a small amount of time to get set up (Roster check, equipment preparation, etc). If they had more reliable people, I'll be glad if my team didn't have to use too much time setting it up. Got 6PM CAFs and Price change, including breaks that cut into that time.

It depends entirely on how much crap is under the line. It has taken me as little as 15 minutes and as long as an hour.

If certain people (mainly guest services and sales floor TMs) leave me the hell alone, and other certain people (vendors, sales floor team, earlier backroom TMs) get their crap off the line early in the day, I can set it much MUCH faster. It's such a pain in the ass that nobody besides the BR closer will touch it.

The answer is this....it all depends how much is on the line.

True, but I find that the amount of crap on the line doesn't fluctuate very much day to day nowadays. It's usually a medium to heavy amount everyday. It's rarely light.

One cool thing about my store is that when SFS finishes their Today workload, usually at around 3, we'll usually have one person set the line so that the closing backroom/overnight team don't have to worry about it.

As of late, 1 hour plus. Flow isn't coming clean so we're constantly moving pallets everywhere either in the back or on sales floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back