Archived do cart attendants ever get promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you can get promoted.. Keep up your hard work and mention to your ETL your looking to do more and learn more...... Im pretty sure R400 Senior Vice President started with the company as a cart attendant.

If you have potential beyond working hard to push carts and clean bathrooms, then yes!

I started out as a cart attendant and eventually became a GSA, cross-trained in every workcenter, and passed the interviews for team leader and a couple other things too ;). I know one ETL personally (different guy than the GVP that hardlinesmaster posted) who started out as a cart attendant in high school and worked his way all the way up.

Being a cart attendant doesn't limit your options. You just need to have the potential to do more than what you're doing.

Last edited:
If I'm being honest here, I think it's a complete crapshoot. The Cart guys at our store have just worked in that category (along with cashiering, obviously). But it never hurts to go up to your STL and ask him/her if you can be cross-trained in, let's say, Presentation and that you would like to split half your time on that side. Most TLs would appreciate that you're trying to learn new things, so I would definitely go that route and ask about cross-training.

However, there are anomalies. We had an ETL at our store that started off as a cart attendant when he was a teenager and he eventually worked his way up and now he's currently in training to be an STL. So, it does happen. Just do the best you can and learn as much as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back