Corporate End to End PTSD

I haven't been on here in a while, but I worked at Spot for four years, leaving the summer of 2019 and have been with the same company since December of 2019.

Today, we were all huddled into a meeting about our new "end to end" and "business ownership" process. We're all going to be "experts" now.

Luckily this time I know what that entails, no matter how much the company tries to dress it up. There were already whispers of specialty teams being eliminated.

I need to start interviewing and jump ship immediately, but it's tough because I'm fully remote and I know my next job would most likely be at least hybrid. As a neurodivergent person, it takes a lot of energy to mask and not make people uncomfortable in the workplace. (By uncomfortable, I mean the uneasiness and dislike neurotypicals can have for quiet, introverted people) And interview processes are also extremely draining for me.

I know now this "new, fun" process is the beginning of the end with this company thanks to my ever so amazing experience when this was going down at Spot. 😅

I haven't been on here in a while, but I worked at Spot for four years, leaving the summer of 2019 and have been with the same company since December of 2019.

Today, we were all huddled into a meeting about our new "end to end" and "business ownership" process. We're all going to be "experts" now.

Luckily this time I know what that entails, no matter how much the company tries to dress it up. There were already whispers of specialty teams being eliminated.

I need to start interviewing and jump ship immediately, but it's tough because I'm fully remote and I know my next job would most likely be at least hybrid. As a neurodivergent person, it takes a lot of energy to mask and not make people uncomfortable in the workplace. (By uncomfortable, I mean the uneasiness and dislike neurotypicals can have for quiet, introverted people) And interview processes are also extremely draining for me.

I know now this "new, fun" process is the beginning of the end with this company thanks to my ever so amazing experience when this was going down at Spot. 😅
Did your store just travel back in one to 2019? Modernization is over and they’re getting rid of end to end and DBOs

Did your store just travel back in one to 2019? Modernization is over and they’re getting rid of end to end and DBOs
I left in 2019. Thought it was humorous that in my new job we had a meeting today talking about upcoming changes with all the same buzzwords and verbiage that was being shoved down our throat the year I left Spot.

As soon as I started having flashbacks to my last year here in that meeting, I knew I had to hightail it out of there and start interviewing.

And are they really getting rid of end to end and DBOs? Did it not end up working out? Gee, who would have thought.

Yup no more dbo, instead inbound does the push, cardboard person, overnight zoner, overnight backstock team. At my store .
Okay that is so funny, because the whole DBO thing was being shoved down everyone's throats when I left and so many left and were unhappy because of it, only for it to not work out

I left in 2019. Thought it was humorous that in my new job we had a meeting today talking about upcoming changes with all the same buzzwords and verbiage that was being shoved down our throat the year I left Spot.

As soon as I started having flashbacks to my last year here in that meeting, I knew I had to hightail it out of there and start interviewing.

And are they really getting rid of end to end and DBOs? Did it not end up working out? Gee, who would have thought.
I misread you’re not at target anymore but yes DBOs will be phased out. Like someone else said it’s still in a pilot capacity but it’s definitely staying.

Okay that is so funny, because the whole DBO thing was being shoved down everyone's throats when I left and so many left and were unhappy because of it, only for it to not work out
Ohh I know . Because it’s how I love most of my veterans . And now to go back old school is just frustrating.

Ohh I know . Because it’s how I love most of my veterans . And now to go back old school is just frustrating.
I remember seeing lots of customer feedback when they were rolling this out on social media about boxes and pallets being all over the sales floor when they were shopping, I wonder if that had something to do with it

I remember seeing lots of customer feedback when they were rolling this out on social media about boxes and pallets being all over the sales floor when they were shopping, I wonder if that had something to do with it
I don’t know why they would have pallets on the floor when the store would open. We are clean by 8

I don’t know why they would have pallets on the floor when the store would open. We are clean by 8
We used to have a hard deadline of 8 a.m. to have no pallets on the floor, but that hasn't been in place for a very long time, pretty sure since before the DBO model was implemented.
But a lot of things are no longer in place in my store - okay to wear non-Target logo shirts, same for ones only remotely red, same for midriff tops and torn jeans, okay to have your phone (without earbuds) playing music after the store opens, same for earbuds (even using both, which is a safety issue). Other than rules about using power equipment, I'm not sure many other rules are followed.
I'm just keeping my head down and pretending I don't see or hear a lot of things. Speaking up has not been effective or appreciated.

I need to start interviewing and jump ship immediately, but it's tough because I'm fully remote and I know my next job would most likely be at least hybrid.
Being fully remote, maybe the changes won't be as bad as they were for Target?

Unpopular opinion maybe but the DBO system worked well for the store I used to work in and the store I'm in now could use it....they've begun "smart huddling" twice a day for the entire store. Making every single floor TM (GM, STYLE, TECH, BEAUTY) zone for 30-45 mins in a different department together. Essentially we are wave zoning the entire store over the course of a week and it's embarrassing

Unpopular opinion maybe but the DBO system worked well for the store I used to work in and the store I'm in now could use it....they've begun "smart huddling" twice a day for the entire store. Making every single floor TM (GM, STYLE, TECH, BEAUTY) zone for 30-45 mins in a different department together. Essentially we are wave zoning the entire store over the course of a week and it's embarrassing
I HATED “smart huddles”. They were anything but.

tf is the point of being set to work in a department if they insist you do another at random and get behind on your work.

I get it. Cross training. I wish people could do ONE JOB like it used to be. You had what you did with your team and that was all you did. They just push for more and more and more these days and for what? A 30 cent raise?

Last edited:
You had what you did with your team and that was all you did.
And it was soooooo boring. Plus there's no accountability for the slackers who can't seem to clean up their trash, overstock (even though they don't have to do the back stock), put product in the wrong place, don't check secondary locations, etc.
I dread going back to the old teams. Or whatever permutation of the old teams the post-DBO model turns out to be.

Back