Archived Filing Accident Report Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

Last week about halfway through my shift I was picking up some heavy boxes and pulled something up in my shoulder. It started to ache, but I figured that it would go away. I've been taking it easier since then and the pain hasn't gone away yet and I'm thinking about going to the doctors to figure out if I messed up something serious.

I never filed an accident report because when it happen it wasn't that bad. Can I file a report even though its been over a week? I want to have on on file incase I do end up going to the doctor. I also haven't ever had to deal with workers comp before, so what should I expect if it comes to that?

I don't think you would necessarily have to file a report, but you should talk to your HR. I also had a shoulder issue and was sent to see a doctor that Target sent me to & he prescribed physical therapy (which really helped). I just had to fill out a little bit of paperwork & never got one bill for any of this treatment. Good luck to you & don't keep suffering and hoping you'll feel better.

What are the chances of them denying a claim and how soon would I find out if they did? Filled out a report and went to get it checked out by a doctor. I need to do physical therapy, but if it is something I am going to have to pay for myself I won't be going.

Even if the claim is denied, your injury has been verified by a doctor & orders for PT have been recommended so at the very least it's on record.
They can't term you for being unable to do your job & may have to make accommodations for you until your doctor releases you.

Even if the claim is denied, your injury has been verified by a doctor & orders for PT have been recommended so at the very least it's on record.
They can't term you for being unable to do your job & may have to make accommodations for you until your doctor releases you.

Yep.

So what happens if it is denied? Will I have to pay for everything myself?

Yes. Spot will ask if you saw the yellow team lift stickers on the items, etc. then they will ask for dpcis on each item you touched. Go to hr without delay.

Last edited:
I went and filed a report the other day. Doe anyone know how long it takes for them to approve or deny it? I need to know if I need to cancel the appointments I have next week because I can't afford to pay for them on top of what they've done already.

The HR ETL does not work on the weekends and the other HR person also had not been in. I figured I would ask here to see if anyone else had any experience with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back