Archived Flow Electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WailFin

Flow: Electronics, HBA, Home/Stat and Backroom
Hey guys!

I was asked today if I had any interest in doing electronics for Flow - I currently push B in my store (stationary, office, and the kitchen domestics/home area or whatever) and although I've only helped out with the books-movies area previously, it's always been something I was interested in, but the TM who's been doing it since I started has been in Electronics for about five years.

In the past I've also: pushed HBA (including cosmetics), chem, pets, C+D, toys, market, softlines, worked the line, pulled pallets non-truck day pulls and usually once I finish my area on B I'm in the backroom backstocking for the rest of my shift.

Any tips on what to expect or things to look out for? I know that things have been problematic in the area which is why they're switching out the TM, and I'd love to have a little bit of a head-start for training.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe a little outdated, but here's my post from the guide thread: https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/pushing-electronics.6959/

Thought I'd add my little bit of experience here. I've yet to work a 4th quarter, but I can get out of electronics 100% current in 4.75 hours - depending on the shipment. Get a crap ton of books delivered on Monday or Tuesday? If the elec TM can get the revisions set by 10, no problem, otherwise it'll have to wait. Crap ton of batteries? Unless that's a majority of what we got that day...that can wait a day too.

My routine:

Clock In, grab a PDA w/trigger that works (I prefer the ones with the crosshair). Sign out a set of electronics keys that have the backroom, boat, and cage keys and print the securities report
  • Ever since they changed the way we get merchandise (all in white repacks) the security reports are huge. My ETL AP wants me to print them and browse through them after I push a truck. If there's anything I know (or think) I didn't push, he wants to know. An alternative would be to print the Items Over $100 list (what my STL does when she runs the unload).
As soon as I do all of that I immediately go to the electronics backroom. What I do now depends on how many carts are left from the day before. I am guaranteed one backstock and one autofill/CAF cart. If it's light, I'll pull and push that days autofills along with whatever other pulls are back there. If I have more than one backstock cart, I'll backstock first.
  • My team likes to automatically put bacstock clips on carts that aren't marked. As the electronics pusher, I know what we get off the truck and what I haven't stocked in a while. I will usually re-push carts marked backstock if I know stuff will go out.
Our truck unload usually lasts from 6am-7ish. I push my cart of autofills, backstock, and then walk the store and fill the battery posts. By the time I'm done with that the truck is finished. If it is, I'll start moving my pallet and cage to the back. If not, I'll either help out the line or pull autofills.

Once I get everything into the electronics backroom, I push securities first. I try to fit 3-4 repacks worth of stuff on my cart. A fully loaded (read overflowing/stuff falling out) cart usually takes me about 20 minutes to push. A full cage (8 repacks) is usually two cart fulls.
  • Anytime you bring bacstock to the backroom.....BACKSTOCK IT. I used to put it in a separate cart and backstock it all later, I found this to be inefficient.
Case stock is next, usually no more than a cart, then TVs and bulky items. Really quick. After that I take my 15 (between 9 and 9:30).

After break it's time to breakout entertainment. DVDs are all scanned and sorted by aisle using NOP. Blu Rays and DVDs are sorted together, but stocked separately. I take a plastic tub of clam shells with me. I push DVDs first, clam shell and push blu rays second. Music repacks are put on the bottom tier and sorted/pushed after DVDs are done.

WILDCARD: I pull MIRs on Tuesday - our lightest truck day. I usually have an extra 10-15 mins on Tuesdays to pull these. If I dont have extra time, I will pull MIRs and then push as many DVDs as I can manage.

Take the trash to the back, update my TL/ETL, sign in my keys, clock out.

Awesome post. I love everything about it! :)

Follow the above advise. Your flow tl and the electronics tl will love you. The backroom team will be so thankful.

Awesome post. I love everything about it! :)

Follow the above advise. Your flow tl and the electronics tl will love you. The backroom team will be so thankful.
I honestly don't know if there's an electronics TL. The only people I know who work electronics are the guy who I'm replacing, one guy who does it during the day, and someone who sets all the new stuff coming out.

I honestly don't know if there's an electronics TL. The only people I know who work electronics are the guy who I'm replacing, one guy who does it during the day, and someone who sets all the new stuff coming out.

Well, someone should be tl over toys, sporting goods, etc. They are likley over electronics as well. I have those 3 plus bikes and luggage. They probably have something similar

Well, someone should be tl over toys, sporting goods, etc. They are likley over electronics as well. I have those 3 plus bikes and luggage. They probably have something similar
It's entirely possible that they come in later in the day. Latest I've work til is about 1pm, and I was in the backroom from 10-1, so I wouldn't have noticed anyone in those areas that are a TL.

Personally, I'm a little clueless and really only interact with my direct TL.

I haven't worked electronics truck on my own but I've helped on a number of occasions. I enjoy it. It's not hard and I think it's better than working any other department. I often help our flow guy with movies/CDs because I set new releases so I know the area a little better than most TMs.

My advice would be know what your AP-ETL wants, security wise and always be willing to approach him with any questions/concerns. AP at my store always walks electronics and fixes what they don't like. Our store has electronics right by blue-side entrance/exit so theft is always something we work hard to avoid.

If your truck unload is 6am or later, be aware that you might also be used as the electronics opener and have to ring out guests and take calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back