Fulfillment issue

If every tm had to work fulfillment for a week straight during q4 and maintain green metrics, I bet some things would change
Corollary also applies - I am having all my TMs pull at least one shift in GM, Grocery, Style and GS just to understand what those TMs go thru - the respect has to flow both ways. We are starting these rotations next week.

Corollary also applies - I am having all my TMs pull at least one shift in GM, Grocery, Style and GS just to understand what those TMs go thru - the respect has to flow both ways. We are starting these rotations next week.
I totally agree with this way of thinking. I used to be in Market for a couple of years, broken down all the different type of loads many times. Knowing what the product boxes look likes really improves my ability to find items in the coolers when they have not been pushed to the floor yet when the item is not on the floor.

I've been trying to show some of my fulfillment team members how to do this. Some pick it up, others not so much. Rotating them through other areas of the store for a week would really help. I understand that Market is not for everyone, but a week seems doable.

It’s great when you go to the empty peg and it should be there. No, its flexed several pegs over with something else.
I corrected a few mistakes I saw in Beauty and Stationary before I even started working here. I saw items in front of a label and on a peghook that did not fit the description and the right label was nearby. I'm talking a whole row of items, not just one or two, so it was likely done by a TM. I remember wondering what was going on with Target, lol.

I corrected a few mistakes I saw in Beauty and Stationary before I even started working here. I saw items in front of a label and on a peghook that did not fit the description and the right label was nearby. I'm talking a whole row of items, not just one or two, so it was likely done by a TM. I remember wondering what was going on with Target, lol.

Yep.. Everytime someone else works in my area - it's a shit-show.

I find this a lot when picking.

I totally agree with this way of thinking. I used to be in Market for a couple of years, broken down all the different type of loads many times. Knowing what the product boxes look likes really improves my ability to find items in the coolers when they have not been pushed to the floor yet when the item is not on the floor.

I've been trying to show some of my fulfillment team members how to do this. Some pick it up, others not so much. Rotating them through other areas of the store for a week would really help. I understand that Market is not for everyone, but a week seems doable.
I haven't worked in market, but I did work in the bakery department at my old job, so I recognize a lot of bakery stuff in the freezer.

No thanks. Many people on our SFS team can't read schematics.
To me, that's the point - really understanding the other processes isn't part of SFS training - for the TMs we kept after dropping the seasonals, learning this stuff is how they can become truly valuable to the team and the store. And really, how else will they learn if they don't work some in these areas?

I see your point, but our store is a hot mess on a regular basis. Not sure where the training hours are coming from since GM also struggles with the basics of stocking, back stocking and zoning correctly.

GM tm - "See that empty space? Cram this stuff in that spot! Voilà! no backstock!"

Tell me your advice on how to approach a situation where you need to keep your team on track & work together. Without having to make them completely feel like you’re bossing them around. As one of the new pacesetters at my store, we are having issues regarding some team members not following direction. no matter how we approach, it seems as if the TMs won’t understand they are just trying to do their job + get us out on time. They don’t respond to us on walkie, they give us attitude when we friendly ask them or give them options on what they could do to help the team (ex. Either pick opu or pack), & they act as if they are better in a very unprofessional way.

My whole thing is, for the people who get their work done, & Do not slack off, I tend to check in less with them because I know they’re accountable. Whereas, if certain Workers I know lose track often or if certain people together distract each other, I separate them. However, I was at a stumped point when even as I respectfully nudged, or asked to help the team by doing a task, all I got was attitude back and backlash in front of other workers. It seems as if there is no option except to be more stern & demanding to make sure we are keeping our pace. However, being a new pacemaker, I don’t want to start off on the wrong foot since I am new and I understand it may feel weird dosing direction from someone who just recently transferred to this department. However, I still do have a good amount of experience in this department & have proven that I have good metrics, am a hard worker, take pride in my job,& in my team, & take initiative.
Hey, I’m new at my store and we are having the same exact issue with our SFS team. It is very frustrating to me to work in a work environment that is constantly trying to one up you instead of working on your side. Everything seems to be about metrics instead of getting the actual job done. I know as for myself I do my job thoroughly and correctly regardless if I am doing PIK or OPU. The animosity is getting to a ridiculous point, I’ve brought it up to our ETL as well as HR and we had a huddle at one point to try and resolve the issue and encourage us but that’s really it. I’ve noticed how they praised the TM’s whos metrics are high, even though everyone knows they cheat by typing in the DCPI’s. This is especially frustrating. I think the only way to really fix these kind of issues is to get everyone working together. I have seen good things come from having a packing party because we are all working together towards a common goal, we are getting to know each other since we are able to talk, and the competition doesn’t matter as much. If we could have more opportunities such as that I think it could help out.

Back