Fulfillment TL experiences

Out of those that have recently gotten a Fulfillment TL, I’m curious if people are happy with it or if it’s getting in the way. Mine just started this week and things are already becoming more organized — of course, there’s still an INF issue but that’s just because of hours, call-outs, etc around the store — but it definitely seems like things can now flow more easily. He’s even starting to make the schedule and also divide us up into assignments (OPU, SFS, pack). We’ll see how it goes.

our volume is up and down.

Out of those that have recently gotten a Fulfillment TL, I’m curious if people are happy with it or if it’s getting in the way. Mine just started this week and things are already becoming more organized — of course, there’s still an INF issue but that’s just because of hours, call-outs, etc around the store — but it definitely seems like things can now flow more easily. He’s even starting to make the schedule and also divide us up into assignments (OPU, SFS, pack). We’ll see how it goes.

our volume is up and down.
It helps to stay organized. When people need help they can also ask them. We have a fulfillment ETL and 2 TLs. They both mainly just do OPU but help fix mistakes and keep the team on track.

I think it’s important to have as Target continues to lean more on Fulfillment with seasonal floral, greeting cards, adult beverage, baby registry bags, etc.

The GM TL was managing this prior, ensuring we had break coverage, trying to help with infs, making sure sort by 430 is completed on time, helping tms prioritize pickup and grocery batches to ensure pick on time goals are not missed.

This is a lot and in my opinion when the GM TL already has a lot to worry about such as pog set on time, managing reshop, ensuring pulls/OFOs are completed, truck push, pricing, ad takedown/push, the list goes on.. When these tasks in GM are not completed properly or on time it will directly affect the Fulfillment team. So I think Target is trying to avoid removing GM focus from the GM TLs as that is a huge part of Targets sales and Fulfillment’s INFs

I think it’s important to have as Target continues to lean more on Fulfillment with seasonal floral, greeting cards, adult beverage, baby registry bags, etc.

The GM TL was managing this prior, ensuring we had break coverage, trying to help with infs, making sure sort by 430 is completed on time, helping tms prioritize pickup and grocery batches to ensure pick on time goals are not missed.

This is a lot and in my opinion when the GM TL already has a lot to worry about such as pog set on time, managing reshop, ensuring pulls/OFOs are completed, truck push, pricing, ad takedown/push, the list goes on.. When these tasks in GM are not completed properly or on time it will directly affect the Fulfillment team. So I think Target is trying to avoid removing GM focus from the GM TLs as that is a huge part of Targets sales and Fulfillment’s INFs
Until they don't add Fulfillment Ops TL to your store, so you are still in charge of Home, Hardlines, Incremental Space, and Fulfillment at a 7 truck store.....

Back