Archived GAWKER Reports on Target HQ Mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not read the articles last year so they were new to me.

The complaints not so new.

That's a valid point.
We take it for granted since we've been on the board for so long that everybody has seen this stuff but many haven't.

Target will definitely be the new Kmart in a couple of years. And target doesn't have any original ideas. Just cater too much and try to create a shopping experience. Customers just want to buy shit at cheap prices without inconvenience.

Target is the current K-Mart. Look at store sales and team member morale from ETLS imcluding STLs on down. Look at all the Canadian stores closing. Instead of waiting to become profitable in 6 years they are taking a bigger loss when you combine all the factors involved. Throwing good money after bad is usually a bad idea but a huge outlay was put out to go into Canada. This is the beginning of the end for spot. That as well as 4x4 walks.

Last edited:
Instead of admitting my time was a mistake it keeps getting shoved down our throats. Until culture at HQ changes, if it ever does, spot is doomed.

Instead of admitting my time was a mistake it keeps getting shoved down our throats. Until culture at HQ changes, if it ever does, spot is doomed.
Mytime is fine at this point, it's the parameters programmed into it. There needs to be more hours to actually get the work done. Instead of making TMs "walk" to make it appear as if there is more coverage...why not just increase TM coverage? I know stores weren't always this short staffed from stories on here, at a certain point that was passed a long time ago the cuts became greed rather than trying to increase efficiency.

At a certain point HQ should have dropped making every store P-Fresh unless they had an iron clad contract. Having ultra low volume stores with P-Fresh right next to a grocery store is a waste of finances.
Yes, it's probably greed, but it also could be desperation.

Now we are getting more remodels that are similar to P-Fresh in some ways which raises the question of where is this money coming from? Looks like it is being taken from hours making us look just slightly better than Walmart from an availability perspective. You can't cut off your nose to spite your face and expect a positive outcome. These remodels very well may be required in this economy but set aside money from elsewhere and not from hours.

Spot needs to figure out if they want to be Wal-Mart light or actually stick with the differentiation that was there to begin with. It also appears that Spot is trying to grab the Walmart demographic while ignoring the demographic that made Spot what it has been in years past.

What actually happens when a team member complains to the hotline about an ETL? does the complaint go into the ETL's file and they get red flagged? Does the DM tattle to the ETL HR who tells the ETL or if it's the HR ETL herself who is being complained about does the DM tattle about who it was and tell them to get rid of that team member?

Calling the hotline is the easiest way to get on the ETL HR and STL's shit list.

So keep my mouth shut even though a lo tof people are scared to rat? Seems like bullying/intimidation to me.

If it's an issue that corporate can see it will have major push back from (lawsuits, sexual harassment, illegal actions) they will indeed jump on it.
The problem is that a lot of the calls are for things that really should have been handled in house or that corporate doesn't really care that much about.
So that will spill back on the person who called.

Now we are getting more remodels that are similar to P-Fresh in some ways which raises the question of where is this money coming from? Looks like it is being taken from hours making us look just slightly better than Walmart from an availability perspective. You can't cut off your nose to spite your face and expect a positive outcome. These remodels very well may be required in this economy but set aside money from elsewhere and not from hours.

Honestly, Spot has been around for 50 years, adding stores and taking them away. As stores age, they need a remodel of some sort every few years to keep them fresh. I guarantee you as they rotate through and do different things for different stores that they have a budget set aside for this that has nothing to do with TM hours.

That is the corporate culture at Spot. Look for threads regarding videos and the handbook regarding unions from a few years ago.
So keep my mouth shut even though a lo tof people are scared to rat? Seems like bullying/intimidation to me.

However if you go the proper route and get enough people to also call the Hotline for the same issue... just be careful. Additionally document everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back