Pricing and Presentation Hardware Clearance

So the majority of my paint, glue, hooks, fasteners, locks and floor protection just went straight to 70% markdown. That's 2 endcaps and nearly 2 full aisles.

This isn't normal. Especially, since I don't have any pogs to replace those with (at least not for another month+).

Anyone else's store having massive markdowns?

Yes! I'm wondering if there is a class change happening and that is why everything went clearance. Like what they did in kids tabletop a couple months ago.

Kind of crazy it all went directly to 70 right off the bat; it's not like we are sitting on massive amounts of any of this. Unless they want it set early so it goes straight thru the DC and then truck-to-floor. Like BTS.

Saw similar markdowns straight to 70 in kids Pillowfort, bedding, lamps today and I know the toys markdowns have been more aggressive than in the past.

Yes! I'm wondering if there is a class change happening and that is why everything went clearance. Like what they did in kids tabletop a couple months ago.

Kind of crazy it all went directly to 70 right off the bat; it's not like we are sitting on massive amounts of any of this. Unless they want it set early so it goes straight thru the DC and then truck-to-floor. Like BTS.

Saw similar markdowns straight to 70 in kids Pillowfort, bedding, lamps today and I know the toys markdowns have been more aggressive than in the past.
Bedding you say? Cool, I need a new comforter!

I know the toys markdowns have been more aggressive than in the past.
I had 900+ clearance price change last week for toys at my store. Not sure what it will be this week. Though, most of those went 30%, 50% then to 70%. I don't think I noticed anything that jumped directly to 70% off.

I'm not sure what the situation is in hardware or bedding at my store, though.

Just marked down a lot of Pillowfort today. Wall clocks and about half my large table lamps aisle also went 70.

I looked closer at the set workload for the next couple weeks. Saw H&H reset, but nothing for my HIPA or DECOR HOME aisles that are going to be empty very soon. This is just wild.

If they're looking to free up space for all the extra furniture and whatnot they keep sending. Kill the floor lamp aisles. That's 12 sections that can be stacked full of box product. Not to mention, those dusty, old floor lamp displays look terrible.

Just marked down a lot of Pillowfort today. Wall clocks and about half my large table lamps aisle also went 70.

I looked closer at the set workload for the next couple weeks. Saw H&H reset, but nothing for my HIPA or DECOR HOME aisles that are going to be empty very soon. This is just wild.

If they're looking to free up space for all the extra furniture and whatnot they keep sending. Kill the floor lamp aisles. That's 12 sections that can be stacked full of box product. Not to mention, those dusty, old floor lamp displays look terrible.

Agreed. We never have the right displays up for lamps anyway, hasn't been correct to pog in years as I gave up trying. My TL thinks maybe this clearance is to make room for all this excess freight. Would be nice to know for sure though!

I had 900+ clearance price change last week for toys at my store. Not sure what it will be this week. Though, most of those went 30%, 50% then to 70%. I don't think I noticed anything that jumped directly to 70% off.

I'm not sure what the situation is in hardware or bedding at my store, though.
Transition at the end of July. Same thing happened at my store. Crazy part? Bosses want to bring everything down from back room. It looks so bad and so much cluster from a guest point of view

We got a shipping supply area in HIPA now, plus the one we already have in stationary.

I had heard a rumor about moving/shipping supplies coming in but hadn't been told how soon this might be happening. Is it a specific brand or several?

I had heard a rumor about moving/shipping supplies coming in but hadn't been told how soon this might be happening. Is it a specific brand or several?
We had our one side of automotive (sprays, cleaners, and whatnot) condense from 6 sections to two and the other four became moving boxes and the big bubble wrap rolls on top of what is already in stat

We got a shipping supply area in HIPA now, plus the one we already have in stationary.
Ugh. I hope that’s not the case.

My hardware aisles are low gondos and have a cut through to Small Appliances. If packaging is there it’s gonna look so ugly (and probably empty a lot too).

Another idiot decision by this company.

Ugh. I hope that’s not the case.

My hardware aisles are low gondos and have a cut through to Small Appliances. If packaging is there it’s gonna look so ugly (and probably empty a lot too).

Another idiot decision by this company.

I was thinking the same thing. Mine are also low gondolas by a cut thru and our current shipping supplies pog is never full, not even the tape. Maybe if they sent in a nice durable fixture for boxes to go into instead of just on a basedeck, it might look ok then.

*glances at the immense size of the 7x11's that are arriving at all stores today via the store mail boxes and knows what the affected Depts and Classes are...*

el-risitas-juan-joya-borja.gif

Funny because we don't even have enough 7x11 holders as it is. Time to bring out the good old Scotch tape.

Right? We don't either, never got a Q4 push of those last year like we normally do. That push usually lasts us the year w/o having to order more.

Once in awhile our DSD will tells us to take the tape down because it wasn't brand. Well shit what you want us to do.. stand and hold it?
We are in a remodel at my store. All the sign holders are outside in trailer. After 2 weeks of begging with the risers & ad sets for the holders. I have stop asking & use tape now.

Transition at the end of July. Same thing happened at my store. Crazy part? Bosses want to bring everything down from back room. It looks so bad and so much cluster from a guest point of view
I was able to get most of the clearance and NCF out of my backroom. But as new price change drops in, there is more stuff that 'appears' in the back.

But do you mean that you are getting all of your product to the floor? Active and carry-forward as well? Because that's a lot, assuming your store is getting close to the amount of toy freight my store is.

Update on the clearance situation: basically this markdown was an 'oops' and my TL read communication that it will not be fixed anytime soon, but also not to take down any fixtures or anything- to just let it be until the transition.....in October! 😳🤨

Seems like a waste of space until then when we are sitting on mountains of excess freight right now. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Target getting ready to capitalize on the mass exodus out of this third world country we're living in. 🤣

Update on the clearance situation: basically this markdown was an 'oops' and my TL read communication that it will not be fixed anytime soon, but also not to take down any fixtures or anything- to just let it be until the transition.....in October! 😳🤨

Seems like a waste of space until then when we are sitting on mountains of excess freight right now. 🤷🏻‍♀️
The WIU said to not remove fixtures because they’re sending remerch direction next week. I assume everyone had heavy sell through so they didn’t want anyone to get ahead of themselves and start bulking out like fridges and vacuums for BTC or something wild

Back