Archived having trouble staying in cooler/freezer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can stay in there an entire shift, as it feels like I'm the only one that backstocks anything in there and fixes errors. I had to buy my own gear since Target is too cheap to buy proper freezer equipment or even wash the jackets, gloves, or hats they have.

This happens to me on occasion but it's actually due to Gay-Lussac's law. When the door is left open, the inside of the freezer (including the air) warms up a little and expands. When you close the door, the refers kick on and cool everything down, causing the air molecules to contract and cause a vacuum effect. There's a mechanism that is supposed to equalize the pressure but it's certainly not the fastest thing in the world. I'm a big guy and I have to really shove to get the door open if it was recently open for a few minutes.
Yup. Even from the outside you have to really pull to reopen the door. There is no lock on them.

I can't help myself to laugh (inside of course) when i see my fellow female PA's pulling on the door and it never opens.
I laugh harder when it's the boys. One of mine is about 100lbs soaking wet. Needless to say I'm the muscle when we work, lol.

Make sure you have something to cover your face and mouth you lose a lot of body heat if they are exposed. For hands put gloves on first and then the coat over the gloves (use the wrist straps if your freezer coats have them), also make sure you keep your hands down when possible, if you keep your hands raised above your waist the whole time they will get cold much quicker.

For Pfresh inventory what usually gets me and my 'mates through it is swearing profusely..

I know by the time I am done my hands feel like they are in a vice grip as they thaw out.

broken_and_unreadable_34_by_coonass-d4vcirg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back