Archived Help! How do I quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm a seasonal team member, and recently, my hours have been insane. I'm in high school and normally only work weekends, but I've been scheduled for 5 days in a row for multiple weeks. It's gotten to the point where I'm drowning in schoolwork and can't keep this job. However, I don't want to give a two week notice. I know that sounds horrible, but grades are my number one priority and I can't keep up with school in this situation. What should I do?

If you want less hours go and change your availability (ask HR) or talk to whoever makes your schedule. If you still want to quit talk to HR and they will give you a form to fill out. You will be responsible for shifts for 2 weeks after the day you quit if you want to be re-hireable in the future. If you just stop showing up they will mark you non-rehireable, which can be overturned (but don't count on it).

Also, you can give up shifts on the swap shift board. Now that hours are short they will probably get picked up quickly.

Talk to HR, let them know your situation and that you need help fixing it asap (not on the schedule 3 weeks from now).

They might be willing to take away a bunch of your shifts and change your availability for the future. If they will change your availability for future schedules but not help get rid of your current shifts, just put them on the swap board and call off if nobody takes them.

If none of that works and you still need to quit with no notice, just sit with your ETL-HR and tell them that you need to quit and can't work your remaining shifts.

No matter what, you need to talk to HR, preferably the ETL-HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back