Hitting meal compliance during 90 days?

Hi, I’m a pretty new employee doing breakout. I’ve been with target for a month. Yesterday I hit meal compliance. I’ve been a nervous wreck about it and I’m not sure what to expect. I clocked in at 5:57am and was scheduled till 10am but with breakout we always stay passed 10. Well yesterday the truck was insane and I ended up clocking out at exactly 12pm…. I went 4 minutes over and got 6.05 hours for the day. Am I screwed? I really like this job and I would hate for 4 minutes to cost me the whole thing. No one said anything to me today but HR wasn’t there so I’m expecting them to say something tomorrow. Will I get fired for this? I’ve never hit it before but I’m just scared because I’m so new. Thanks

First time will most likely be a verbal conversation and you won't be in any real trouble. We do have a compliance binder that you will probably have to sign but that is normal and isn't something to be concerned about.

Do not worry.
True, you are NOT supposed to work over 6hours (5 in some states) without punching out for a meal break.
Yet, I have never known anyone get fired for a first offense. It does happen, far too often.

help yourself in the future: when you punch in, add 6 and try hard to punch out before then.
5:57 + 6 (few minutes sooner than 6 hours later)keep in mind you should try to punch out by 11:55, the latest.

if it happens again you may have to set your phone or zebra alarm to warn you To avoid a 3rd time.

And whatever you do, don't do a punch correction to try to fix it. In all honesty, your TL shares some of the blame because they get alerts on their Zebra when team members are approaching 6 hours, they should've given you a heads up over the walkie since you're new.

Back