Archived How do you keep track of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a silly question but it has really been worrying me. I'm concerned about missing breaks and getting into compliance for taking my 30 minute meal too late. The only way I currently watch the time is on my phone, but I'm worried that people or my leader will see me on it and think I'm texting or something. I don't have a watch, and I've never been a watch person, but I might have to buy one with my first paycheck... Anyway, how do you keep track?

I’m usually at the front and the registers have the time on them so I’m always aware of the time during those shifts, but it’s ok to briefly take your phone out and check what time it is! Unless you are staring at your phone for a whole minute or actually texting, just taking a glance at it every so often is fine. If you’re really concerned about it then I would look into getting a watch. You can also set alarms on your phone to tell you when you hit your 4th or 5th hour in your shift (whenever you prefer to take your break) so that you can have a reminder.

I use the zebra. If your back room has a time clock like mine, you can glance at that whenever you go to the back.

If you work salesfloor though you need something to alert you. Those last 10 minutes can go by so fast! Unlike that last minute before you clock out which feels like 10 minutes.;)

Check when you walk by the electronics boat? Or just look at the zebra.

If you are on the sales floor, your my device(the thing you scan with) has the time on it. If your store has you scheduled at certain times for breaks and meals, write it down on a piece of paper and keep it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back