How do you know if you're rehireable?

I worked for target a few years ago and was fired for a safety issue. It wasn't anything big but they said due to the fact I was still within my 90 days they couldn't give me a warning.

Would I be considered non-hireable?

You don’t know.

That said you probably are rehire able in the system unless you had been warned repeatedly, were argumentative about the safety rules, and threw a fit about being fired. The store that fired you may remember.

Were I HR the severity of what you did would also play a part (nearly hurt someone vs. refused to stop doing something minor) as would your age and maturity (an 18 year old doing something inexperienced vs a 50 year old doing something inexperienced).

I worked for target a few years ago and was fired for a safety issue. It wasn't anything big but they said due to the fact I was still within my 90 days they couldn't give me a warning.

Would I be considered non-hireable?
It sounds like they used this as an excuse to get rid of you. If they could have "warned" another team member, they could have "warned" you. There is nothing in the rules saying you can't be coached under your 90 days without being fired.

That being said I'd assume you are marked as non rehireable but that doesn't mean anything especially now when they are desperate for team members. If I were you and they haven't called you in a few days, call the HR at the store you applied at and give them an explanation of what happened and how you've learned from it.

Back