Archived How go about talking to ETL about becoming a TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
"hey I'll do my TL's work for the same pay while I sit on the bench and wait for an opening and I'll fucking like it!!!"

Also use words like brand, partner and more brand

lol with your luck they'll promote you to GSA and give you TL responsibilities

"Hey I'm interested in becoming TL."
That's really the long and short of it.

Obviously you need to be stellar in what you do now, but the long and short of it is "I'm interested."

Also if travel isn't an issue say you're willing to interview for TL positions in other stores.

Along with @RS190 's advice, really show why you'd want to be a TL. Some districts tend to keep talent management as an objective, other then typical payroll and sales. If the ETL is confident in you, he should set up a "get to know" talk with your ETL-HR.

You will be given more tasks to prove yourself, essentially. Some stores have a very stellar system while the majority of others really don't know what they're doing.

Basically, just ask and be straightforward about it. If your ETL has any brains or any sense of doing their job, they'll help you.

Keep in mind that stores are required to have Team Members "on the TL bench" so it's a win-win

Keep in mind that stores are required to have Team Members "on the TL bench" so it's a win-win

We havent had anyone on the bench at our store since ive started working there 2 1/2 years ago .. every TL we have gotten has come from another store or were hired externally, and one person became one out of the blue but they werent on the bench beforehand.

ASANTS of course, but that's something that's in best practice. Stores should be talking about it at the very least in TL meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back