Archived How long are Flow Teams supposed to work? I know A.S.A.N.T.S but still I need to know .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a Super Target store and the hours vary, but when everything is ok I get 25-30 hours. We are early morning starting from 4AM, and we may leave at 8AM or 9AM, and the days I help the Super Value truck (stock dairy and frozen) I leave at 10AM, and sometimes they ask me to go to lunch.

I started last year in August and the people I work with told me that when the store opened in 2007 Flow was Overnight, from 11 PM to 7AM, then later they would leave at 5AM. Later they would start at 12AM and leave at 6AM, so finally about 2 years ago they've been at 4AM. The closest Target store to us is probably 5-10 minutes, and they start at 6AM, but that one is regular Target store.

Overnight usually gets the longer shifts. Anywhere from 6-8 hours depending on how many people they have to schedule.

With 4 am the goal is to have the store mostly finished by 8am.

I used to start at 4 am but we got moved to 6 AM.

I work at a Greatland Pfresh store, we're B volume, average truck size is 2500. Flow is usually scheduled 16 hours a week. So, 4 hours a day (6-10) Mon Wed Fri Sat

Most of the year my store has three trucks (M, W,F) and flow TMs at minimum work three 4.5 hour shifts a week (13.5 hours total).
However, my store is big on cross training so unless you really don't want to work any more than that, people work in a lot of other areas (back room, pog, sales floor, pricing).

I used to start at 4 am but we got moved to 6 AM.

I work at a Greatland Pfresh store, we're B volume, average truck size is 2500. Flow is usually scheduled 16 hours a week. So, 4 hours a day (6-10) Mon Wed Fri Sat
This^^

Except our flow is usually 6a-11a. TMs who have been there a while and have proven to do a good job will often get scheduled 40 hours and work some shifts in Backroom/POG/Instocks/Price Accuracy.

Other TMs can get close to 40 by often staying late or coming in early on food truck days or days off (flow is understaffed and the ETL-LOG will almost always say yes if you ask to come in).

tl;dr
Flow starts at 20 hrs a week but it is very easy to get over 30.

4 hours x 3 trucks per week. They used to work autos on non-truck days, but BR does it now.

The last month we have had 6 trucks a week, due to my weekend job I'm only at target on weekdays. This week alone I had to take a lunch 3 days. It's rare for me to come in at 5am and leave before 10:30 to finish my area (health and beauty). But it doesn't help that we have 3 other people in my area and I still end up doing half of it myself because of how slow they are.

Backroom flow usually get's 8 hours a day. We take 4 trucks (2300-2700) a week and those BRflow TMs are also brought in on Sunday for pulls and stuff.

Flow Pushers usually get 4 to 6 hours on truck days

Our backroom was full time ( 32+hours) and flow averaged 18-24 hours a week. 4th quarter they averaged 32-40 since I didn't hire more than I needed and gave the extra hours to the team. Some TMs got 32-40 all the time but they always volunteered to do extra tasks to get the hours. Some even worked 40 hours with weekends off.

This is a AA+ volume store with overnight logistics.

We are an ULV store...we get three trucks a week. Mondays trucking being the heaviest ( around 1800) the other two anywhere from 1500-1200. Our flow usually works 6a-10a then part of them 630-10 30 am. We are not a p fresh store ...however, we carry more dairy and frozen that most non p fresh stores do. The salesfloor tms push they dairy/frozen truck ( we get two a week)

AA store we unload 5 trucks a week usually 6 on the busy seasons usually 2200-2700 in size most people get 24-30 hours a week but if you're liked or cross-trained you can regularly hit 38-40 hours. Staffed we usually carry around 32 people although we are rarely fully staffed. 4 AM unload most of the time 2 am sometimes midnight during busy seasons. Ideally we would be an overnight store to begin with I don't mind though because the slower push after we open means hours.

It's on the store fact sheet and also on the pull types report.
This is correct - store fact sheet in workbench/ pull types. Store volume is evaluated each AE and is subject to change. You can also guesstimate based on number of trucks.

This is correct - store fact sheet in workbench/ pull types. Store volume is evaluated each AE and is subject to change. You can also guesstimate based on number of trucks.
Do I find this in a any hallway that leads like to the offices or something? I've seen a lot of things posted on the walls including sales related.

By the way my store is 5 trucks a week and 6 when very busy.

I don't think it will be posted. I would put you at A+ or AA volume ($45-60million) but it's hard to say without knowing sales. Check the goal sales and see if it's over $125K for the day. Ask a TL or ETL, they should always know their volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back