Answered How to become part of the AP team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I am currently a front of store guest advocate. I want to become a part of the AP team.

Last edited:
Even during fourth quarter 2019, we only had one. It's obvious that we can use a second person, and I am so eager to do it. I checked on Workday and there was nothing ):

I would talk to your ETL-HR and let them know that you are serious about the position; you may have to consider transferring to another store if you really want it

The number of AP team members at a store (usually 1-5) is based on the risk assessment of the store and the surrounding area. It is rare for the risk assessment/number of AP team members to go up, as I've mostly only ever seen it slightly reduced in some stores over the years.

Without either a degree or some sort of prior related experience your best bet would to be looking at either nearby stores with TSS positions or moving to a different retailer's AP team for a while and coming back to Target as an APS/APL.

If there's no open TSS positions near you, just keep looking, there will be. People don't *usually* stay a TSS for very long. Most move on or are termed/promoted before their 2 year (On paper it says 18 month) mark. I would make sure to continue to let your AP leader know you're interested as well as occasionally looking at job openings yourself.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that once you become AP, you can ONLY do AP. I say this because, depending on the store, TSS do not necessarily get 40 hours, and unfortunately they cannot pick up shifts in other workcenters. Just something to think about if you’re wanting to be full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back