How yall coping with incoming toys?

We've been having the issue where the toys transition was orderable despite none of them being set. Then the inbound team set like 2 isles and of course it was the Lego isle and left the rest in the back up in the steel. Had 4 people in the span of an hour ask for that stupid bonsai tree and just audited it with the rest of the isle that was empty cause people were starting to get pissed off.

We've set all of the toys transition already and have sold out of all of the new hot Legos because they went truck to floor. So nice not having to work out toys pallets this time!

The steady stream of males coming thru to look for trading cards all day, everyday was unexpected. I hadn't realized there is a limit on those purchases and such a high demand. None of them asked for anything though unlike the Hot Wheels guys.

We managed to print out flex labels and still pushed all the new toys to the floor. Really did help with the OPU picking all the new toys. Nothing to search through except some repacks sometimes

My store has been inundated w calls about the new Legos. Legos that won’t be set until 1/10 but for some reason are showing as in stock in the system. So many calls. And lots of unhappy people.
We set those last week along with the toys transition . On Friday we started cosmetics and skincare

My store did cosmetics last week. Toys is this week. Lego got flexed out, so I'm the happy owner of a Bonsai Tree set.

I think that's part of the problem...some stores set early so all Legos sold out super fast and others are setting this weekend. I've had angry guests talking to Corporate and then yelling at me about why it's not the same at all stores.

My store didn't allow toys to set early. I've been flexing out all the transition as it comes off the truck. I'm not looking forward to setting this week. Everything is flexed to oblivion and it'll take extra time to set. But the new Legos sold well.

Back